Author Topic: Will recent events spark a revolution amongst the NW community?  (Read 10751 times)

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
Will recent events spark a revolution amongst the NW community?
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »
After the announcement of the 91st disbanding, they have all been dragged through the mud.
Some of them claim it is unfair, because they did everything they could to make the 91st a better place.
This claim only has any strength if they knew all along that Tavington's way of leading is not good.

I assume that if this is the case, they tried to work around Tavington to make the 91st a better place. (Both for the inside and for the outside)
However, as the recent events have shown us, this has been proven to be near impossible owing to the fact that in the end the leader holds the majority of the straws as well as the public eye.
Every-time that Tavington did something wrong in public, the entire 91st was blemished for it is due to the fact that it is the leader's behavior that shapes the regiment the most.
Based upon the reactions of the community, this has yet again also proven to be entirely true.

If we take all of that into consideration,
do you think that other regiments with similar issues (Like the 92nd) will continue following the same path as the 91st or will they instead try to get rid of their leader?
Or will regimental leaders notice that they are not untouchable and try to change their ways?
Or perhaps something else that is  "revolutionary" might happen?

I look forward to well-made hypothetical posts on the subject.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Will recent events spark a revolution amongst the NW community?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:16:40 pm »
I thought the entire issue was about the fact that Tavington was stealing money?

To answer the question: No, it won't make a 'revolution'. There are only a few (Non-corps) big regiments left, and they are all pretty solid.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 01:20:03 pm »
I would say that that was the final spark, it is well known throughout the community what kind of person Tavington is.
We have all seen him behave on the forum, and many of us have seen chatlogs or audio recordings of how he "deals" with people.

Also, if you read Jackie's post, that I linked down below, you will see what I mean.
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=9362.msg331845#msg331845

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:25:30 pm »
I've read that.

Still, I find it rather interesting (Though not surprising) the majority of people went from 'Full support' to 'Fully against' concerning Tavington. People who publicly opposed Tavington were marked 'trolls' by the entire 91st, and now suddenly it's the other way around. People are flexible, I guess.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 01:31:32 pm »
This is not the case for all colonels. I dont think the 54e colonel is like this at all. I dont think I cannot name one bad thing he has done against the 54e or other community members.

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 01:33:59 pm »
Well, I don't really know.
It'd be nice If the colonels treated each-other with a little respect. that was tavington's failing. (apart from embezzlement).
as for using the 92nd as an example, In that hypothetical situation, I'd be relieved to be allowed to utter "bydand" again.  :P

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 01:37:38 pm »
@Duuring,

I see that you are catching on. That in itself is a revolution, though in a sense it also isn't.

The anti-tavington thoughts were always there, just not displayed on the surface until now.
But it is exactly that situation that is the same with a few other people.

As an example I will use the 92nd.
92nd leader is also despised by many, has an equally shitty reputation as Tavington (Naturally, after this incident Tav's reputation is far worse :P) and what's more, the 91st and 92nd leaders did everything they could to make the other look worse.
Shitfun hilarious, because they are both made out of the same cloth.

On the surface, they all look like they have sound regiments. But down below the iceberg? I think it is very similar to 91st, and I think that we will see a change one way or the other.

@Nutty Pig,
I don't recall stating that it is the case for all leaders. In fact I think that most Leaders are doing a good job.

@Viktor,
Showing more respect? I think that sounds nice, but I am not sure if people will think that way.

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 01:50:24 pm »
As an example I will use the 92nd.
92nd leader is also despised by many, has an equally shitty reputation as Tavington (Naturally, after this incident Tav's reputation is far worse :P) and what's more, the 91st and 92nd leaders did everything they could to make the other look worse.
Shitfun hilarious, because they are both made out of the same cloth.

@Viktor,
Showing more respect? I think that sounds nice, but I am not sure if people will think that way.
I'm glad my ego was self contained enough to not step into that particular arena.

as far as respect goes, it's not a new concept, hopefully any successor to Tavington will treat his guys, and the rest of the NW community with a little respect;
since it goes a long way.

I honestly doubt we'll see any more pitchforks to succeed this event, however maybe people will actually think about they're members.

Offline PhonieX

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Willson_Curray
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »
MaHud, how can you say Tavington's way of leading, isn't good? We won allmost every linebattle, and had 1 draw ( NW )
So he did something right?
The reason I joined the regiment, was because of Tavington's dicipline, and that he did rule with the iron fist.
2 time Groupfighting Winner
1 time Regimental Gf Winner
2 time NWL league winner

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »
MaHud, how can you say Tavington's way of leading, isn't good?
Most people can, even you can if you try hard enough; however in this instance MaHud like myself, typed it.

Offline PhonieX

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 01:58:35 pm »
Well, he is certainly leading better than most regiments?
We did win a lot, if you do remember.
2 time NWL league winner

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 02:01:57 pm »
Tavington's way of leading is not good.

Don't know why people keep saying this, after making the most successful regiment in NW people say hes a shit leader. In my opinion probably the best line leader seen.

Offline PhonieX

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 02:02:36 pm »
Exactly.
2 time NWL league winner

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »
Well, he is certainly leading better than most regiments?
To be fair, Leading is by opinion, however when I did meet him in-game (of my two year experience ((Found my E-Peen))) I found him quite vile, from a command point of view, after fighting him.
Relying heavily on sheer numbers, and targeting smaller lines; unit formation of soldiers was exemplary, however this was crippled by the location of the officers.
causing vast dissaray, when trying to move out, if not led in the classical single-line-snake-formation we use concurrently
We did win a lot, if you do remember.
I do remember; I've seen a lot of bragging, but through mistake or design the 91st was a moderate success in regimental battles, however this reputation was ruined, (once again) by Tavingtons incessant... claims/lies of certain events which to my knowledge never happened.

Edit -
You can "Modify" Posts, Instead of posting a one word post.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 02:12:17 pm »
MaHud, how can you say Tavington's way of leading, isn't good? We won allmost every linebattle, and had 1 draw ( NW )
So he did something right?
The reason I joined the regiment, was because of Tavington's dicipline, and that he did rule with the iron fist.
Leading is more than just giving commands during a linebattle or training.
In addition, winning a linebattle has far more factors than just a Leader.
Also, if he was such a good leader, why did he disband the 91st?
I believe that someone else pointed that out nicely on another thread, it is cowardly and very self-centered.