Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 64222 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2017, 04:01:19 am »
I'm so far behind on House of Cards, gotta marathon that shit from season 2 on this weekend
Why am I still here

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2017, 12:10:43 pm »
The road to season five if paved with hypocrisy. And casualties. No regrets.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Norwegian13

« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2017, 05:46:57 pm »
I'm so far behind on House of Cards, gotta marathon that shit from season 2 on this weekend

Do it man, it's definitely worth it. Great show, and the new season is amazing.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2017, 06:08:04 pm »

Yeah I watched through the first season like a drug addict then sorta lost track of it around the middle of season 2 and never got back to it.
Why am I still here

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2017, 06:15:15 pm »

Yeah I watched through the first season like a drug addict then sorta lost track of it around the middle of season 2 and never got back to it.
This describes my behaviour with almost every series RIP
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2017, 07:22:10 pm »

Except Breaking Bad, watched the entire series in less than a week xD
Why am I still here

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2017, 07:25:23 pm »

Except Breaking Bad, watched the entire series in less than a week xD
I did the same with House and Criminal Minds lol. Fun times

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2017, 05:15:51 am »
Lol I remember binging House of Cards like the night before my first day of Junior year
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 05, 2017, 03:39:00 pm »
I admire how House of Cards deals with every politically sensitive issue in the show, yet is barely critized for displaying some political preference. I know it's not that hard, given that Francis and Claire do not really give a shit about anything as long as it gives them more power.... still... It's funny how they dealt with gun control without getting hordes of angry southerners shouting 'oi you're being influenced by the demotards'.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2017, 08:14:27 pm »
I admire how House of Cards deals with every politically sensitive issue in the show, yet is barely critized for displaying some political preference. I know it's not that hard, given that Francis and Claire do not really give a shit about anything as long as it gives them more power.... still... It's funny how they dealt with gun control without getting hordes of angry southerners shouting 'oi you're being influenced by the demotards'.
To quote the show "You're a democrat from South Carolina, which makes you a republican."-"And you're a republican from New York, which makes you a democrat."
Underwoods has no political agenda except for to build a legacy. And I feel like everyone, including myself views his policy as a means only to consolidate his power.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2017, 06:11:06 am »
Enjoying HoC as well.  Its a good show.   Though there are times where i wish some of the past subjects were just ended.  i get why they keep bringing them up, but i just keep hopping the underwoods figure it out then squash them, so we can move on. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2017, 12:20:01 pm »
It'd be unrealistic if things would just 'go away'. Obviously it'd keep on haunting them.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2017, 08:38:16 pm »
Mild HoC spoilers
Spoiler
I hope the next few seasons they tone it back with all of the press leaks and scandals. The past two seasons have just felt like nothing but a fight for survival and although the quality of the episodes remains good, its starting to make Francis less likable I find as hes almost dependent on others now and is constantly fucking up. I'm starting to miss the seemingly omnipotent FU of seasons 1 and 2.
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:20 pm »
Spoiler
He was only a minor player then. All the shit he's done, it's bound to attract attention. First from within the government, then the media. Literally nobody likes him and really only people still support him because they're scared. The show is called House of Cards for a reason. A dynasty based on fear won't last long.
[close]

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:56 am »
It'd be unrealistic if things would just 'go away'. Obviously it'd keep on haunting them.
i wasn't asking for it to be a light switch.

Mild HoC spoilers
Spoiler
I hope the next few seasons they tone it back with all of the press leaks and scandals. The past two seasons have just felt like nothing but a fight for survival and although the quality of the episodes remains good, its starting to make Francis less likable I find as hes almost dependent on others now and is constantly fucking up. I'm starting to miss the seemingly omnipotent FU of seasons 1 and 2.
[close]
spoiler

Spoiler
agreed, i enjoyed those seasons a lot for that.  the end of season 5 does make it look like that may be returning.  we shall see
[close]
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.