Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 63848 times)

Offline Blackway

• Volunteer
  • BW
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Movie Critic Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 02:20:06 pm »
best movie is the blackway :D !

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 02:22:31 pm »
Never seen it...It's got 5.1/10 on IMdB, that's usually a red flag m8

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 04:12:02 pm »
I removed the poll because it wasn't getting a lot of attention, only like 4 people actually voted. This is probably because a lot of people haven't seen the film, which is fine.

Anyways...I have a serious question for everyone. What was the worst movie you have ever seen? I'm quite curious. Also put why you think this about the movie.

For me, the worst film I've ever seen was Thunder in Paradise, starring Hulk Hogan. The plot is horrific with very little thought put in. The acting is some of the worst i've ever seen. Hulk also develops a semi-homosexual relationship with his bestfriend/fighting companion/roommate/boyfriend (i don't fucking know). It's never direct but if you see some of the scenes, you wonder why they have their shirts off and they are so friendly with each other...maybe they are just open minded people??? It's fucking hulk hogan though...i don't know what the fuck to think about it.

You can watch this god awful abomination here on youtube. I dare everyone to open this, watch up until the part where you see the boat and take notice of it's size...then wait until you see inside the boat...again...notice its size. I've never seen a more painfully obvious continuity error in a movie before. It's like they gave zero fucks.
Spoiler
[close]

Objectively the worst movie ever is The Room but at least its so bad its hilarious. 1/10, would highly recommend watching.

Why am I still here

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2016, 05:19:08 pm »
I heard so much about the room and I've been too afraid to watch it...but ya know what...fuck it. I'm going to watch it right now because i have some free time before class.

UPDATES:
4 minutes in and the cringe is hitting pretty fucking hard. The dialogue is so awkward and the fucking scene is so cringey that it hurts to watch.

Danny: "I just like to watch you guys."
Do what danny? What do you watch them do?

Also is it Danny or Denny? They keep saying it so weirdly that i can't understand.

Skipped the sex scene because i don't find the girl remotely attractive.

"I dream about you...I need you to make love with me" jesus fucking christ, this is so awful

17 minutes in and we have yet ANOTHER pointless sex scene. SKIP!

"Johnny is my best friend" You've said this already, why do you feel the need to say it again and also...who says this?

21 minutes in and i just witnessed probably the worst filmed scene in a movie ever. The fucking flower shop...the dialogue is forced, zero emotion, and the conversation is happening way too fucking fast that for some reason, at one point, johnny speaks over the cashier lady who is still finishing her sentence.

ACTING.IS.SO.BAD!!!

no please...not another sex scene...NOOOOO!!!! It's not even 30 fucking minutes and it has had THREE FUCKING SEX SCENES!

Guy casually gets a blowjob at the 31 minute mark

Granny: "What are these characters doing here?"
Exactly what i'm thinking at the moment...

Okay...I swear to god that this bitch just called the kid from earlier "Dinny"...is he Danny, Denny or fucking Dinny!?

Something just happened with a drug dealer...there was no build up or anything, it sort of just happened. There is a lot of yelling and it's annoying. Granny is going ham on Dinny right now.

"I'm so happy that I have you as my best friend" OKAY WE FUCKING GET IT!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:17:31 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 06:03:32 pm »
The Siege of Jadotville was a pretty solid movie.

The casualty figures for the real battle are crazy: 5 wounded and 0 dead (158 prisoners - forced to surrender when ran out of supplies and ammunition) vs 300 dead and almost 1000 wounded.
Why am I still here

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »
The Siege of Jadotville was a pretty solid movie.

The casualty figures for the real battle are crazy: 5 wounded and 0 dead (158 prisoners - forced to surrender when ran out of supplies and ammunition) vs 300 dead and almost 1000 wounded.
Yea, I took a look at the wiki page after the movie. Its actually pretty stunning none of them died given the circumstances. Although they were French mercenaries if that can explain it.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »
Never seen it...It's got 5.1/10 on IMdB, that's usually a red flag m8
I generally don't tend to watch anything thats not 7+ on IMDB unless it looks interesting enough.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2016, 11:08:07 pm »
Saw the Arrival on Saturday, great film

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2016, 11:29:23 pm »
Saw the Arrival on Saturday, great film
Can you tell me what it's about without spoiling too much?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2016, 11:30:59 pm »
Well the beginning scenes involve explaining how mysterious objects have appeared in different part of the Earth. I probably can't go into much more detail without spoiling too much although I would highly recommend seeing it. One of the best films I've seen this year. Not your typical blockbuster. Really makes you think and feel with the characters with a really interesting plot which focuses more on developing itself and keeping the viewer intrigued rather than lots of shooty shooty
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:34:45 pm by Toffee Lad »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »
Really difficult to explain without spoilers honestly. I would say toffee's answer and add that the core theme is language (and by extension, communication): what it conveys, what one says about its users, how it works in brains pretty much.
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 08:51:52 pm »
Your not a real movie fan unless you saw this one

1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gamboji

• Donator
  • zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2016, 01:40:05 am »
I watched this entire movie with some people I know. We were just taking the mick out of it all the way through. It's so bad it becomes kinda funny, but I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it at all alone. It's just some horrible christian movie.

Spoiler
gluk ur a faggot
[close]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:42:08 am by Skills4Evil »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 04:40:53 am »
Never forget this masterpiece:

Saw Fantastic Beasts today. Definitely has charm to it (no pun intended). Really if you love Harry Potter like I do you will find lots to love. If not its still an enjoyable movie. Eddie Redmayne is great. The beasts don't really feature as prominently as you'd expect but they have some wonderful designs and get some great moments. I'd give it a solid 8/10, not amazing but really enjoyable for what it is.
Why am I still here

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2016, 04:56:31 am »
hacksaw ridge was pretty good.  i liked the overall cast, and the guy that plays the main character dos does a good job.  The last few movies he did that i managed to see, i liked.(the 2 amazing spider man movies.  better than the 3 before it.)

and it was nice seeing Iowa class(best class) battleships, even if it was pretty obvious CGI.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.