Poll

Can Labour ever recover from their current situation?

Yes
13 (36.1%)
No
23 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: UK General Election Thread - New Poll every Sunday  (Read 31199 times)

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: UK General Election Thread - With NEW Poll
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2015, 06:16:47 pm »
When you live in the only area UKIP won... 

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
Its a shame really, if they had more seats it would be good to have them, but i guess the props go to em  :'(
Props do not go to them, they suck.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2015, 06:18:49 pm »
I think we can expect another Tory government in 2020.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2015, 06:22:01 pm »
Wonder if UKIP will exist after 2017. They wont pick up much momentum from this result, farage might be gone and regardless of the result of the EU referendum they can't really gain from it.

Farage will be back after the summer I'm sure of it. He said he'd think about running for leadership again after a break. They came second in so many constituencies, more Labour than Conservative actually, that they have a great chance of building legitimacy as a mainstream party. UKIP just need electoral reform and they'll explode in parliamentary presence, I think Nigel realises he was unlucky given the electoral system and the SNP fears that permeated England this election and drew away some last minute support. I think they still have a big role to play for the coming years even within a FPTP so long as Brussels keeps on with its federalist agenda and immigration remains uncontrolled from within the EU.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:23:58 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Charles MackMoose

• First Sergeant
  • Moose Kidd0
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KingMoose
  • Side: Union
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2015, 06:25:36 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
Its a shame really, if they had more seats it would be good to have them, but i guess the props go to em  :'(
All we can hope for now is leaving the EU

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2015, 06:28:17 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
Has it's drawbacks aswell though.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Charles MackMoose

• First Sergeant
  • Moose Kidd0
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KingMoose
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
The pros are better the the cons

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »
That's down to opinion. Which when the polls on it were out last I think only 45% favored leaving. It's generally older people who vote to leave too. The same people that voted us in.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2015, 06:31:56 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
The pros are better the the cons

i dont know man

islamabad-upon-thames sounds a lot more attractive than london

told that bih don't @ me

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2015, 06:32:33 pm »
USE beat me to it. :(

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2015, 06:57:25 pm »
'Brussels' has so agenda. Nothing is decided without agreement from the Council of Ministers or the European Parliament.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2015, 07:15:59 pm »
About that broken voting system...

However much I hate UKIP, there's a portion of the population who support them, and that should be represented in terms of seats. It also means that the Tories should only have about 1/3rd of the seats, instead of 1/2. Also, people would actually bother voting for smaller parties (rather than whichever of the larger ones they hate least), and voter turnout would be much higher.
And as I mentioned earlier with regards to Scotland, 50% of the Scottish vote = 56/59 seats.

I'd advocate a combination of Alternative Vote and regular proportional representation, where parties are ranked in order of preference, and then seats are awarded nationally based on proportions of votes, with weighting or similar based on which position they were ranked.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2015, 07:41:41 am »
'Brussels' has so agenda. Nothing is decided without agreement from the Council of Ministers or the European Parliament.

But there's 28 member states, of which Britain is just one. We get outvoted all the time because our goals and interests are different from mainland Europe. Now that the power of veto has been stripped from most decisions, it's even worse for us.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2015, 10:34:03 am »

But there's 28 member states, of which Britain is just one. We get outvoted all the time because our goals and interests are different from mainland Europe. Now that the power of veto has been stripped from most decisions, it's even worse for us.
What, you actually think that Britain should have the power of veto over the EU? Nothing would get done. The point of the EU was supposed to be economic cooperation between European nations, not "Britain get's to do what it wants but the rest of us have to follow the rules". It's a democracy, things don't always go your way (*hint* the new government).
Of course, there are other things that come along with it, like human rights and food quality control, which personally I'm glad are in place.
The Tories want to repeal the human rights section, which is pretty fucking atrocious, all things considered. If they want to make their own extra human rights, just add some now, don't repeal the old one and make a new one. It leaves huge scope for loopholes (probably to do with terrorism/monitoring communication I'd imagine) and abuse. I honestly see no reason to take away any human rights, only add new ones.

Honestly the next 5 years are going to be shit for average Britons. The NHS is going to be overworked and under financed, with more profits being handed out to private companies (and with the TTIP, the NHS will be vulnerable to law suits if it doesn't allow companies to take over a portion of the market), more people will lose benefits and community centres will close, and all this simply to cut costs for companies to attract them to the UK.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2015, 10:59:29 am »

What, you actually think that Britain should have the power of veto over the EU? Nothing would get done. The point of the EU was supposed to be economic cooperation between European nations, not "Britain get's to do what it wants but the rest of us have to follow the rules". It's a democracy, things don't always go your way (*hint* the new government).
Of course, there are other things that come along with it, like human rights and food quality control, which personally I'm glad are in place.
The Tories want to repeal the human rights section, which is pretty fucking atrocious, all things considered. If they want to make their own extra human rights, just add some now, don't repeal the old one and make a new one. It leaves huge scope for loopholes (probably to do with terrorism/monitoring communication I'd imagine) and abuse. I honestly see no reason to take away any human rights, only add new ones.

Honestly the next 5 years are going to be shit for average Britons. The NHS is going to be overworked and under financed, with more profits being handed out to private companies (and with the TTIP, the NHS will be vulnerable to law suits if it doesn't allow companies to take over a portion of the market), more people will lose benefits and community centres will close, and all this simply to cut costs for companies to attract them to the UK.

The UK has been in the EU (then the EEC) since 1973. Up until 2008 when Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty, the UK had the power of veto in many key areas of EU policy. Plenty of shit got done before 2008. We're not asking for special treatment, we're arguing for a return to how it was 7 years ago.

The Human Rights Act is a joke. Votes for prisoners? Are you comfortable with convicted pedophiles and rapists being allowed to vote when they're in prison? It doesn't even give you any extra protections, as most of it is already covered by UK law and it won't stop the government looking at your emails, monitoring your phone calls etc. It only came into force in 1998, and before then we weren't exactly an uncivilised country. By the way, the Tories can't scrap the Human Rights Act (1998), as you have to be signatories in order to be inside the EU. If they scrapped it, we would have to leave and the Tories are one of the most pro-EU political parties. They lie about this stuff in order to pretend to voters and con them, but it ain't gonna happen in real life.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2015, 12:27:22 pm »
Every country has veto-power in the council of ministers. Besides, how exactly are the goals and interests of the UK so different from 'the mainland' (Who happen to be the 25 other members, excluding Malta and Cyprus) ? Seems to me that's nothing but 'WE'RE AN ISLAND SO WE'RE SPECIAL'-mentality.

Voting is a right you have as a citizen. Being a convicted criminal doesn't suddenly mean you lose your citizenship, thus you should have the ability to vote.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:28:57 pm by Duuring »