Author Topic: What's the deal with linebattle hosts picking Russia, Prussia and France?  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Yde

• Donator
  • Aut delectare aut prodesse est
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_KHJ_Ljt_Yde
  • Side: Neutral
Most linebattles have the option of signing up as both rifles and light infantry. In this case, there is literally no gameplay reason to play Russia, Prussia, France or even Austria, unless another regiment wants to play as lancers or dragoons. My thoughts summed up in a spreadsheet. 99 percent of the time one nation should be the Rheinbund and 90 percent of the time the other nation should be the United Kingdom. I get that there are aesthetic, cultural and national considerations as well, but in my opinion these are all vastly less important than gameplay. I just want to actually play as light infantry when I sign up as light infantry :c
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:57:58 pm by Yde »
Løjtnant Yde, øverstkommanderende i det
Kongelige Holstenske Jægerkorps, medlem af
det Danske Auxiliærkorps i hans Majestæt
Kong Frederik den VIs tjeneste

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Get a Danish NWWC Team going instead my friend :)

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
This is why I usually pick Rheinbund UK. But doesnt france and austria have all?

Edit: nvm France doesnt have rifles mbad
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:36:03 am by StephanGH »

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
Austria has the only "light infantry" unit in the game. The U.K. 15th, the French Voltigeurs, and the Hessen-Darmstadt units are all skirmishers who cannot spawn with a rifle. The only different is the weapon. The Austrian Grenzers have different stats; their polearm and shooting proficiencies are pretty nearly halfway between those of line units and skirmishers. The only two units Austria doesn't have are rockets and heavy cav (heavy cav and cuirassiers have different stats - Rheinbund and France are the only factions with both).

Take that as you will, it's easier to just call it a skirm if it's green or gray and a light infantry if it's got a bayonet.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Jesus. That's well done

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Yde

• Donator
  • Aut delectare aut prodesse est
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_KHJ_Ljt_Yde
Austria has the only "light infantry" unit in the game. The U.K. 15th, the French Voltigeurs, and the Hessen-Darmstadt units are all skirmishers who cannot spawn with a rifle. The only different is the weapon. The Austrian Grenzers have different stats; their polearm and shooting proficiencies are pretty nearly halfway between those of line units and skirmishers. The only two units Austria doesn't have are rockets and heavy cav (heavy cav and cuirassiers have different stats - Rheinbund and France are the only factions with both).

Take that as you will, it's easier to just call it a skirm if it's green or gray and a light infantry if it's got a bayonet.

Within the game all but one unit classified as light infantry has a normal infantry musket available and all have a shooting skill of 206, the same as the rifle units' shooting skill. In my experience that is what most people refer to when they talk about light infantry. Sure, the class should probably have been called skirmishers instead of light infantry, but it is much easier to communicate using the terms established in the game.
Løjtnant Yde, øverstkommanderende i det
Kongelige Holstenske Jægerkorps, medlem af
det Danske Auxiliærkorps i hans Majestæt
Kong Frederik den VIs tjeneste