Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 91902 times)

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150)[Week 2]
« Reply #450 on: February 26, 2019, 09:47:28 pm »
I mean, any chance we had at playing ended when the sum total of everybody's response to Maccle was a pyramid full of K/D memes.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #451 on: February 26, 2019, 10:03:45 pm »
I mean, any chance we had at playing ended when the sum total of everybody's response to Maccle was a pyramid full of K/D memes.
Well, seeing as GODMaccle showed up apparently, that team doesn't seem like its looking for free agents

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Suns

« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2019, 10:18:12 pm »

those weren't "K/D" memes.

if you're in the free agent pool there's generally a reason why.

teams do not see you as an attractive asset for their team

this league has money as well as personal time and effort at stake.

teams will generally move to pick the greatest players (from their perspective) onto their teams to have the greatest chance of winning.

free agents should improve their melee, gain some recognition, rep, etc to get picked onto a team.

getting better is not a very difficult or time consuming thing to do.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #453 on: February 26, 2019, 10:40:50 pm »

those weren't "K/D" memes.

if you're in the free agent pool there's generally a reason why.

teams do not see you as an attractive asset for their team

this league has money as well as personal time and effort at stake.

teams will generally move to pick the greatest players (from their perspective) onto their teams to have the greatest chance of winning.

free agents should improve their melee, gain some recognition, rep, etc to get picked onto a team.

getting better is not a very difficult or time consuming thing to do.
or just bribe windflower into making you a captain
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2019, 11:08:32 pm »
You're mostly responding to claims nobody made. I don't think anybody ever accused me of being one of "the greatest players" at anything, myself included. My only asset is that I compulsively show up to NW things.

I'm just a sucker who likes to play for fun, which made the fact that there was a full team's worth of players left over (which could have been an eighth team and would have made the schedule a little less awkward) mildly irritating. A full extra team has signed up after the draft, which has its own problems (that people with a greater stake can argue about).

All I was ever after was a way to get into melee now that pub linebattles only last three rounds as of last night.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2019, 12:48:09 am »
if my team doesn't win i'm not giving anyone money
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:41 am »
That's a fair deal tbh
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2019, 12:54:06 am »
That's a fair deal tbh
Only if the free agents get 1 peso for being subjected to sit in a pool of eternal darkness.

Suns

« Reply #458 on: February 27, 2019, 01:17:29 am »
You're mostly responding to claims nobody made. I don't think anybody ever accused me of being one of "the greatest players" at anything, myself included. My only asset is that I compulsively show up to NW things.

I'm just a sucker who likes to play for fun, which made the fact that there was a full team's worth of players left over (which could have been an eighth team and would have made the schedule a little less awkward) mildly irritating. A full extra team has signed up after the draft, which has its own problems (that people with a greater stake can argue about).

All I was ever after was a way to get into melee now that pub linebattles only last three rounds as of last night.

an extra team would have been fine in the short term but long term the team would most likely not finish the league.

an example being Nico's team in Jorge's recent 5v5 Twitch league, they got pummeled into quitting

teams are looking for active players who are an asset to a team, just being active does not make you great team worthy material.

an asset to a team would be a great range player/bait/entry fragger

an active player who only gives activeness won't give much, as teams want to have the best players to win.

it might seem unfair a lot of free agents won't be getting picked up by teams but in a serious league based on the efforts of each team to win a prize, that will happen.

no one said you're the 'greatest player' nor yourself i don't understand where you got that from, i was only stating teams look for skill and activity, and free agents most likely have an average of the lowest skill in the entire league (as no one picked them up on the first draft)

and yes i was responding to claims "nobody" made.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:24:55 am by Suns »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2019, 01:27:00 am »
suns has a pretty low reading level
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 27, 2019, 02:01:29 am »
Captain Profile #2 : Baby Jesus's Flying Squirrels

an extra team would have been fine in the short term but long term the team would most likely not finish the league.

an example being Nico's team in Jorge's recent 5v5 Twitch league, they got pummeled into quitting

teams are looking for active players who are an asset to a team, just being active does not make you great team worthy material.

an active player who only gives activeness won't give much, as teams want to have the best players to win.

it might seem unfair a lot of free agents won't be getting picked up by teams but in a serious league based on the efforts of each team to win a prize, that will happen.

no one said you're the 'greatest player' nor yourself i don't understand where you got that from, i was only stating teams look for skill and activity, and free agents most likely have an average of the lowest skill in the entire league (as no one picked them up on the first draft)

I'll have you know "nico's team" was mine till he bought it
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:04:49 am by Windflower »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Suns

« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2019, 03:46:33 am »
yeah that's what i remembered it as

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #462 on: February 27, 2019, 04:10:15 am »

A C T U A L L Y, Nico/Jolly's version of Aftershock was the only version of Aftershock that didn't get pummeled into quitting.

As for what constitutes being an asset to a team, you're mostly right in the context of a tournament, but not a league.

For a league, yes, skill is still an important factor, but so is attitude, loyalty, activity and chemistry.

It's nice when you think you've stacked your team with the best players until they A) stop showing up for you, B) Ditch your team to be on another C) Rage at everyone through out the duration of a match. And as WPC showed, those first two can outright kill a team.

Sure, an ideal team is a group of high skill players who show up and work well together, and get along.

But I'd like my chances on a team of active mediocre players far more than I would on some of the "stacked" teams that started out in WPC and imploded from toxicity or died off from inactivity.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 27, 2019, 04:11:59 am »
Just to point out godfrieds point. We never did quit, We played our matches until the end and did our best with what we were.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2019, 04:39:46 am »
Just to point out godfrieds point. We never did quit, We played our matches until the end and did our best with what we were.
Yes. I watched the steam when you guys faced us. I think we won 16-4 or something, and it wasn’t pretty, but at no point was there any salt, tilt, or rage from anyone on your team. It was really quite something.
I even subbed myself in to give you guys a better chance lol

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)