Author Topic: Hussars Cup EU (Started)  (Read 15772 times)

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry Cup (EU) [Hussars]
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2018, 09:48:01 pm »
IMPORTANT UPDATE
From now on we will only allow the hussar class. Thus, to make it as fair as possible we will go with one class. Heavy cavalry regiments are still more than welcome to sign up as hussars! Since no regiments have signed up as heavies yet.

You should until 1erRC and 14pk realize this thread

And one question has this event or tournament the same structure/System like CNWL?

It does not have the same structure as the CNWL. This will be a short tournament over a couple of days. There will be a bracket with 8 teams and it will be a direct knockout. The teams will be divided into two tiers based on their position in the previous league. Tier 1 teams will be randomized against Tier 2.

Then in my opinion you can do this tournament in the mid of August

I will ask the other regiments participating and see what they think about it.
Proud member of the 8th Hussars. UI/UX design freelancer. I love gaming and coding.

Offline BrokenCrayon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diarmuid
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2018, 10:12:26 pm »
"Cavalry Cup"

- No lancers!

- No heavy cavalry!
the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2018, 10:15:29 pm »

Offline BrokenCrayon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diarmuid
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2018, 10:16:05 pm »
"Cavalry Cup"

- No lancers!

- No heavy cavalry!

Hussars are cavalry :D

Why not just call it "Hussar Cup" as not all cavalry classes are allowed :P
the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2018, 10:41:30 pm »
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2018, 10:43:18 pm »
Someone's salty about losing to the 14pk :D

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Hussars Cup (EU)
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 12:49:57 pm »
Thread updated for those of you who disagree with the name of this tournament. Now I would prefer if we leave this behind and focus on the tournament instead of useless complaints about the tournament's cavalry class. There is not a lot of regimental tournaments out there for cavalry so I would prefer that we stay classy and make this work. Setting a bad example here might deter others from hosting events for the community. Keep in mind that the rule change was made before any heavy cavalry signed up. The decision was taken in account to the wish of a majority from the community. Sometimes you have to make decisions that will infuriate some but please the majority. The decision would not have been taken if any regiment would have signed up as heavies before the rule change.
Proud member of the 8th Hussars. UI/UX design freelancer. I love gaming and coding.

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 01:20:47 pm »
I have gauged your preferences when it comes to the date. And right now it seems to be 50/50. Some want to schedule it in August and others want it in September. Which makes it a little bit difficult for me to decide which date to go for. I obviously want to please everyone but this is not possible. Therefore I will call a meeting with representants from each regiment where we together try to reach a compromise. This will be scheduled when we have 8 teams signed up.

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2018, 02:06:54 pm »
Someone is a little toxic about being proven wrong from their misinformation.

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2018, 03:31:35 pm »
We would sign up as heavies ofc but when I was checking the thread it was already stated that its only for hussars so sadly we have to refuse from participating in this tournament. Good luck for everyone!

Just in case u are going to allow cuis:

- Name of regiment: 14. Pułk Kirasjerów
- In-game class: Heavy cav
- Estimate your numbers: 10-17
- Contact person steamprofile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/z-h---
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2018, 03:41:46 pm »
Thread updated for those of you who disagree with the name of this tournament. Now I would prefer if we leave this behind and focus on the tournament instead of useless complaints about the tournament's cavalry class. There is not a lot of regimental tournaments out there for cavalry so I would prefer that we stay classy and make this work. Setting a bad example here might deter others from hosting events for the community. Keep in mind that the rule change was made before any heavy cavalry signed up. The decision was taken in account to the wish of a majority from the community. Sometimes you have to make decisions that will infuriate some but please the majority. The decision would not have been taken if any regiment would have signed up as heavies before the rule change.

so you basically gave less than 24h to let an heavy regiment to sign up and try to contest the rule, in a period of vacation for pretty much everyone i believe
as one of the greatest thinker of fse said once

very nice
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:33 pm »

it's gone for more madness 8) 8)

- Name of regiment: 1erRC
- Contact person steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018729737/

lol = ban

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 04:20:12 pm »

so you basically gave less than 24h to let an heavy regiment to sign up and try to contest the rule, in a period of vacation for pretty much everyone i believe
as one of the greatest thinker of fse said once

very nice

Naturally. When I got messages about people not wanting to face heavies I made the change before any regiment signed up as heavy cavalry. But feel free to host a tournament of your own from your spare time and make the rules you feel is correct, Monsieur.

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 04:37:54 pm »

it's gone for more madness 8) 8)

- Name of regiment: 1erRC
- Contact person steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018729737/

Denied - no heavies.

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2018, 04:46:43 pm »
I think to chose one champion of the entire hussar community you should offer more spaces for regiments.

Btw how many regiments did message you exactly?
Because of the 5 regiments attending right now probably 4 messaged you maybe.