Poll

Will you play Total War: Pharaoh?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Total War: Pharaoh  (Read 381 times)

Offline YS23

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ὑπομονὴ κερδίον.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xephaeston
  • Side: Neutral
Total War: Pharaoh
« on: July 06, 2023, 02:29:54 pm »

"In Total War: PHARAOH, the newest entry in the award-winning grand strategy series, immerse yourself in ancient Egypt at the zenith of its power and experience the dramatic events that threaten its destruction."

Release: October 2023

Feel free to discuss Total War's newest videogame.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:33:10 pm by Mikhail Maksimov »

Online tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
Re: Total War: Pharaoh
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 06:42:00 pm »
dogshit cause troy art style, also the Assyrians aren't in it which makes it infinitely worse. 1000 IQ move from CA to not include probably the best and most militarily advanced bronze age civilization

Just play the Rome total war mod instead
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:46:15 pm by tommyxd »

Offline YS23

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ὑπομονὴ κερδίον.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 06:48:29 pm »
I am with you on this one. Ever since they started going into the fantasy realm of Warhammer and the fantasy looking Three Kingdoms, they started losing their identitity in my opinion. The route CA are going is terrible. We will probably get these factions later as paid DLC's.

They butchered Napoleon Total War with their recent updates. I hope they stay away from the older games now.

Online tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 06:53:39 pm »
Bronze age would probs be the easiest game to make and it wouldn't be that hard to make the factions different since they had differences between them historically

For example the Myceneans had the heaviest armour, Assyrians had the best siege engines, Hittites had the best chariots since they were the ones who introduced them into the region in the first place, Egypt was weak af historically when it came army quality and they compensated with basically infinite resources, natural defenses and sometimes decent leadership. They could've also added the libyan tribes which did invade egypt at one point and most importantly they could've added Kerma to the south of egypt.

Kerma is basically Proto-Nubia and literally means land of the bow

Offline YS23

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ὑπομονὴ κερδίον.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 07:25:08 pm »
Bronze age would probs be the easiest game to make and it wouldn't be that hard to make the factions different since they had differences between them historically

For example the Myceneans had the heaviest armour, Assyrians had the best siege engines, Hittites had the best chariots since they were the ones who introduced them into the region in the first place, Egypt was weak af historically when it came army quality and they compensated with basically infinite resources, natural defenses and sometimes decent leadership. They could've also added the libyan tribes which did invade egypt at one point and most importantly they could've added Kerma to the south of egypt.

Sorry, I forgot to respond.

Whilst I do not know much of this time period, it sure is an interesting read. I don't know if I'll ever play it, but I am definitely going to follow the game to see what's up. I wish they gave us a game that every Total War fan wanted instead of this. For example Empire 2 Total War, Napoleon 2 Total War, Medieval 3 Total War (there are rumors that the game is being worked on, take it with a pinch of salt), maybe a game in the Victorian era. They have options to make the fans happy and earn a ton of money, but they don't utilise those options to the fullest.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 07:26:50 pm by Mikhail Maksimov »

Online tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 07:53:44 pm »

Sorry, I forgot to respond.

Whilst I do not know much of this time period, it sure is an interesting read. I don't know if I'll ever play it, but I am definitely going to follow the game to see what's up. I wish they gave us a game that every Total War fan wanted instead of this. For example Empire 2 Total War, Napoleon 2 Total War, Medieval 3 Total War (there are rumors that the game is being worked on, take it with a pinch of salt), maybe a game in the Victorian era. They have options to make the fans happy and earn a ton of money, but they don't utilise those options to the fullest.
Attila is the last good real total war game, warhammer is just a fantasy dlc fest that puts Paradox games to shame, troy has the probs the worst artsyle in the series and thrones of britannia is outdone by an attila mod. Three kingdoms is fine campaign wise but battle wise is basically an arcade game

Out of all the post shogun 2 games Attila was the last one to have good battle mechanics similiar to medieval 2 and rome 1 with moral socks, chain routs and armour not being a complete joke.
Battles in modern total war games feel like playing Rome 1 with arcade mode on (which is a thing in the og game).

I've been playing total war games since I was 7 with spartan total warrior and rome 1 being my first games and I gotta say it's been going downhill every since Rome 2 dropped. Sadly Attila didn't sell well cause it released only 3 months after Rome 2's last dlc at the time and was also set on probs my favourite time period which is sadly very underrated by the general public so it got cucked on the sales department.

Offline YS23

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ὑπομονὴ κερδίον.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 09:11:13 pm »
I must say, I really did not like Three Kingdoms at all. It feels fantasy-ish to me. The only Total War games I thoroughly enjoyed are Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 Total War. I like Rome II and Attila too. But I didn't play them as much. Also I find the campaign very difficult of those two games (yes, that is a personal issue). Eventually, I'll learn how to play these games better. I have never and will never touch the Warhammer games as I think Total War needs to stay in the historical zone. I agree that after Attila the games went backwards by a lot. The gameplay of Three Kingdoms is not at all fun (to me), and it seems they are going the same route with Pharaoh. Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 looked gritty. Three Kingdoms, Pharaoh and Warhammer looks like it is made for people less than 16 years old (no offense). It just doesn't look that brutal. Day by day I feel Total War is losing their identity.

They messed up Napoleon Total War and I received an email from them which doesn't give any answer to my complaints and feedback. They have become lazy developers. "Don't work, receive money". No mod works now, sound is often bugged. They literally used Shogun 2 soundfiles for Napoleon Total War in their latest updates for the game. From what I could understand from their email is that they lost the soundfiles of the game, because it's too old. I mean... What?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 09:14:29 pm by Mikhail Maksimov »