Author Topic: Attila the Nun's Skins. Walloon Granaderos released  (Read 123952 times)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
Re: Attila the Nun's Skins. Some Skins now compatible
« Reply #435 on: November 22, 2013, 11:38:16 pm »
The yellow needs to be a little more orange-ish.

Offline Attila the nun

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #436 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:17 am »
Here's my quick attempt at the Salzburg Landwehr (which is what I'm assuming Attila based his off of...)

Spoiler

[close]

Maybe, if that is what cossacks 2 was basing theirs off.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 23, 2013, 02:56:05 am »
After 1812 (the Austrian faction in NW is set 1815-1818), all Austrian landwehr wore this uniform.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 23, 2013, 03:20:48 am »
I think this mod is more of a 'general variety in appearince' sort of mod that basing on any historical accuracy.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 23, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »
Hey Atilla, got a couple of questions for you here; what leg textures do the Scottish trews replace, which tartan is that and would it be alright if I used them in a skin I'm developing?

Offline Attila the nun

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 23, 2013, 06:10:12 pm »
Hey Atilla, got a couple of questions for you here; what leg textures do the Scottish trews replace, which tartan is that and would it be alright if I used them in a skin I'm developing?

The tartan is the same as the in-game tartan, you can use it.

Just add the texture in you don't need to replace any of the current ones. Would not recommend sticking the brf files in the resource folder as they wont be patch compatible.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2013, 05:56:15 am »

Just add the texture in you don't need to replace any of the current ones. Would not recommend sticking the brf files in the resource folder as they wont be patch compatible.

I am attempting to use your trews model and texture for the War of 1812 mod to recreate the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders as they appeared at New Orleans. However, I can't seem to get them to appear in the game. I know not to use the brf's from your old download because of the new patch.

I added the british_highland_kilt.obj file from the download by importing it into Open Brf as a static mesh.
Then I dumped the Scottish_Trews.dds into the textures folder.
Then manually linked the mesh to the texture by importing Scottish_Trews both as a material and texture in Open Brf.

However, I still get the kilt showing up in the game. When I renamed or deleated the other kilt files then the entire lower half of the unit disappeared. Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #442 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:33 am »

I am attempting to use your trews model and texture for the War of 1812 mod to recreate the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders as they appeared at New Orleans. However, I can't seem to get them to appear in the game. I know not to use the brf's from your old download because of the new patch.

I added the british_highland_kilt.obj file from the download by importing it into Open Brf as a static mesh.
Then I dumped the Scottish_Trews.dds into the textures folder.
Then manually linked the mesh to the texture by importing Scottish_Trews both as a material and texture in Open Brf.

However, I still get the kilt showing up in the game. When I renamed or deleated the other kilt files then the entire lower half of the unit disappeared. Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

It's a lot easier to copy paste stuff between open OpenBRF windows, that way you'll avoid making any mistakes when importing (and it's just so much quicker).

1. First place the textures in the texture folder, then copy the trews' mesh in the Brit uniforms brf, rename the meshes with the same name as the kilt, and delete the kilt and all the lods for it.
2. Now open Attila's materials and copy paste his materials for the trews into your mmmaterials brf (this way you don't need to worry about names, shaders, normals, and specs), save and open the textures brf and choose "import textures" and find the textures for the trews in your textures folder.
3. Save all of your hard work, head back to Brit uniforms and make sure that the trews are working.
4. You're almost done now! Lastly, create the lods by right clicking on the trews mesh and "generate lods" (so that the legs don't disappear from a certain distance).

Job done and done  ;)
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:29 pm »
Excuse me if it's already been asked, but will there be a download link for the 12th Grenadiers?

Offline Attila the nun

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2013, 01:28:10 am »
In the end they just looked so terrible in game I gave up. The torso just looked bad. Saw a better torso someone else had made and was going to ask if i could use it but never got round to it.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »
Ah right, it doesn't look as bad as you say it does. :)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #446 on: December 08, 2013, 03:43:46 pm »
Ah right, it doesn't look as bad as you say it does. :)

Lol. It's the same thing how I think I'm super fucking fat, but people say I'm hardly fat... But, I am fat... Oh, Idk anymore.

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 08, 2013, 04:26:14 pm »
In the end they just looked so terrible in game I gave up. The torso just looked bad. Saw a better torso someone else had made and was going to ask if i could use it but never got round to it.

Spoiler
[close]

its not bad actually haha don't waste that hardwork you did  ;)
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 08, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »
It looks pretty nice, plus it'd be a good base for people to improve on. I see unleash it and see what happens.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:32 am »
Can we get a link for those early voltigeurs?