Author Topic: Merges?  (Read 6750 times)

Offline James

• Colonel
  • 91st_Sjt_James_MacDonald
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Merges?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 09:14:46 am »
With the right people spending time making hard decisions it would work.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 06:35:06 am »
Short and simple : Merging almost never works

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 06:47:29 am »
One question What's you Opinion on them

Merges work if you outline what you want from the outset. For example, you should outline what it is that you exactly want if you were to merge into 91st and I am sure if you are bringing enough to the table, you will be accommodated. However, if you bring very little and expect too much- it will not work at all. Both have to be consistent about wanting it to work.

Look at the value of your side of the merge and those you are merging into. Also, be aware that people rarely like to give up power and so you must find a prospective regiment where the leader is reasonable.

My advice about this:

Those who merge into a regiment must start at a low rank.

@Jefferson

Lots of officers and little amount of rankers would not constitute a regiment anyway, as there is far too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

@Diplex

Weren't you in 91st, and didn't you merge into 91st? If so, what happened to this? Quite inconsistent of you which goes against my first paragraph. This makes you a prime example of how merges can fail, as all it takes is one side to get power-hungry and then to leave and form their own regiment where they are once again the divine figurehead of power, decision making and to be blunt; in full control.

lol, me and Deans left for 5-6 months after we merged, how is us leaving even related to failed merges? It shouldnt even be taken into consideration.

I merged into the 91st but almost everyone who came with my dropped out, one after one. I however stayed for almost half a year.
You have to merge with the right kind of people. The 44th and 63e merged and everything has worked out fine, why? Because weve previously played with each other and we enjoy each others company. When the 63e merged into the 91st, barely anyone knew each other, which could have lead to why many dropped out. I was also told that a lot of people disliked the whole extremist discipline thing thats going on in the 91st, which was quite the change of pace from 63e.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:54:59 am by Diplex »

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 05:22:00 pm »

Merges work if you outline what you want from the outset. For example, you should outline what it is that you exactly want if you were to merge into 91st and I am sure if you are bringing enough to the table, you will be accommodated. However, if you bring very little and expect too much- it will not work at all. Both have to be consistent about wanting it to work.

Look at the value of your side of the merge and those you are merging into. Also, be aware that people rarely like to give up power and so you must find a prospective regiment where the leader is reasonable.

My advice about this:

@Jefferson

Lots of officers and little amount of rankers would not constitute a regiment anyway, as there is far too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

@Diplex

Weren't you in 91st, and didn't you merge into 91st? If so, what happened to this? Quite inconsistent of you which goes against my first paragraph. This makes you a prime example of how merges can fail, as all it takes is one side to get power-hungry and then to leave and form their own regiment where they are once again the divine figurehead of power, decision making and to be blunt; in full control.

lol, me and Deans left for 5-6 months after we merged, how is us leaving even related to failed merges? It shouldnt even be taken into consideration.

I merged into the 91st but almost everyone who came with my dropped out, one after one. I however stayed for almost half a year.
You have to merge with the right kind of people. The 44th and 63e merged and everything has worked out fine, why? Because weve previously played with each other and we enjoy each others company. When the 63e merged into the 91st, barely anyone knew each other, which could have lead to why many dropped out. I was also told that a lot of people disliked the whole extremist discipline thing thats going on in the 91st, which was quite the change of pace from 63e.

You said it wasn't even related and should not be taken into consideration but then you went on to explain how it was related and took it into consideration. My post was not an attack on you, I was just saying how it is an example of how merges can fail and people should thank you for adding your contribution as to why it actually did fail. I just thought that you of all people were qualified to comment on this thread but sorry if I offended you.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:30 pm »

My advice about this:

@Jefferson

@Diplex

You said it wasn't even related and should not be taken into consideration but then you went on to explain how it was related and took it into consideration. My post was not an attack on you, I was just saying how it is an example of how merges can fail and people should thank you for adding your contribution as to why it actually did fail. I just thought that you of all people were qualified to comment on this thread but sorry if I offended you.

No offence taken, and I presume that the whole 63e mindset + the 91st mindset would make for a failed merge, but you still cant count me and Deans leaving 5-6 months after we joined as an addition to why merges fail, seeing as we didnt leave cause of any mayor problems that we had with others, simply cause of boredom.

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »
Deo, if I join the EPI, can I have "Unterrekruten?"

Absolutely.

A whole lot of work, and can lead to difficult situations.

That said, the EPI is looking for anyone who wishes to merges with us. Everyone who joins recieves the rare status of 'Rekruten', and if pressed we can give the ex CO's the coveted 'Oberrekruten' rank. Ranks may or may not give hierarchical benefits.

Same thing for 19te, but instead of "Oberrekruten" we give the "Pie" rank. (Pie rank really exists! http://19te.enjin.com/roster)

Merging groups of people into each other is always nice in principle, you get more people and boast bigger lines. The ultimate downfall is that people will get a false sense of entitlement which will offend people who have not been through the newly met persons experiences. Much like me putting on your tags and telling you you're doing stuff wrong, its just offensive. You have to appeal mutually, often better starting from the ground up - which is why no one has ever merged into the 19te. Its actually surprising the amount of people that used to ask, anyone wishing to join always goes through the same process as those who have already. Even if Deo himself applied ;) , he would only be able to master in at the Pie rank - which is actually has less privileges than the rekrut rank...

Went from Rekrut to CO in the EPI, I think I can do it a third time ;D

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 09:29:47 pm »
Well we've covered that it doesn't work with strangers.. But how about friends? I was somewhat friendly with the 60th when I joined, note that I never merged the 93e into them. I simply asked members further interested in joining to come and we integrated into their community. However I lost a good majority of people doing so, so bargain on behalf of people you recruited. You're here to  get them in the linebattles and give them a fun time. Not to change their ingame name every week.

Spoiler
The 60th merger is not unique, it had been done before. Basically I offered to help start up the NA portion at the expense of my own regiment (it was falling apart at that time)
tl;dr:
I suggest if you MUST, just be a low officer and prove yourself worthy, if you don't like them then don't bother it.
[close]

Offline Skyz

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Hour Kills the Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »
Well we've covered that it doesn't work with strangers.. But how about friends? I was somewhat friendly with the 60th when I joined, note that I never merged the 93e into them. I simply asked members further interested in joining to come and we integrated into their community. However I lost a good majority of people doing so, so bargain on behalf of people you recruited. You're here to  get them in the linebattles and give them a fun time. Not to change their ingame name every week.

Spoiler
The 60th merger is not unique, it had been done before. Basically I offered to help start up the NA portion at the expense of my own regiment (it was falling apart at that time)
tl;dr:
I suggest if you MUST, just be a low officer and prove yourself worthy, if you don't like them then don't bother it.
[close]

I did the same with 3rd PoW.........set up the NA portion. In reality though at the end it didnt work out.