Battle Cry of Freedom > General Discussion

SOLVED: How Do You Set Up A Local Server?

(1/1)

LTCjRet:
I need to set up a server on my local machine to do some map testing for BCoF. I've looked through the boards and googleized it but haven't found a concise guide. Is there a guide I'm missing or can someone provide some instructions? Any help would be appreciated.

[Stryker]:

--- Quote from: LTCjRet on May 12, 2022, 06:16:57 pm ---I need to set up a server on my local machine to do some map testing for BCoF. I've looked through the boards and googleized it but haven't found a concise guide. Is there a guide I'm missing or can someone provide some instructions? Any help would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---
Download the dedicated server through steam and make sure the ports are opened on your router. In the servers files put your map in the custom map folder and then run it

No0B:

--- Quote from: [Stryker] on May 12, 2022, 10:04:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: LTCjRet on May 12, 2022, 06:16:57 pm ---I need to set up a server on my local machine to do some map testing for BCoF. I've looked through the boards and googleized it but haven't found a concise guide. Is there a guide I'm missing or can someone provide some instructions? Any help would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---
Download the dedicated server through steam and make sure the ports are opened on your router. In the servers files put your map in the custom map folder and then run it

--- End quote ---
Ah if your just running it for yourself for a  local  server  to test maps you don't need to open ports.

LTCjRet:
Thank you.  I now have it up and running. I'll put this next question up as a different thread to make it easier to search for the topic.  I need to know how to contorl the server functionality.  Thanks again for the help.

LTCjRet:
SOLUTION: Go to your Steam Library page and enable the Tools option under the dropdown. This will enable you to download the "Battle Cry of Freedom - Dedicated server" installation. Configure and run that and when you launch your regular BCOF game the server will show up in the server list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version