Author Topic: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 23151 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2016, 02:32:07 am »
Here's the thing tho. You don't need to be a CR to host an event on NA1. CRs are strictly for the forums. If you really want to host an event, just go talk to thinderstormer. I'm sure he would appreciate the help

For some reason everyone thinks being CR is about saving the community when in fact it is about improving the forums.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 02:37:58 am »
Here's the thing tho. You don't need to be a CR to host an event on NA1. CRs are strictly for the forums. If you really want to host an event, just go talk to thinderstormer. I'm sure he would appreciate the help

For some reason everyone thinks being CR is about saving the community when in fact it is about improving the forums.

Well define "improving the forums".

The only thing I did forum wise was start a couple threads. I could have done that easily without CR powers.

I did try to keep the 71st thread from getting locked and their members from getting muted, but I ultimately failed at that.

What CAN be done to improve the forum is get more people involved in the game, which gets more people involved here on FSE, which improves the forum as a whole. NW and FSE are two sides of the same coin.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 02:49:07 am »
The NA1 lb died due to school mainly(3-4 regs more or less dropped because of it), as that chopped the #s by a 3rd, tho some weeks we still had pretty good attendance.  The last week we had about 50, but the key server went down so people couldn't join, the 63e decided to leave, losing about 10 people, and 2 other regs that had a bunch of people there before the event left right when it was about to start, each having 5-10.   If they all stayed, it wouldn't have been that bad # wise.

but overall the #s were lower the weeks prior, and the pubs were making up more and more of the % of the pop.(30-40 pubs more often than not.)    So there were a few times they made up almost an entire team by the end of the lb.   Now, it sounds good, and mostly was, but that is a lot of pubs who don't know anything in regards to making a line.  and with fewer lines taking up pop and less lines to set an example. they were harder to wrangle. 

as for the lb itself, i made a post in the thread on how to bring it back.  pub wise the #s were about where i would like, and those are harder to inform about the event taking place.(where as a reg can easily find out about it and other stuff)  in the end, it was the reg side of the event where it fell apart.  Not enough regs or not enough people with said regs made it in the end.

as for advertising, i have always said it is on you, the community; to advertise for it and get other regs to join in.  i didn't make the event for me, nor was i going to go around begging people to come.  The event was made so pubs could play on a good server, regs could use it to recruit pubs, to help keep na1 populated, and finally just have an enjoyable experience on the game.(and it provided plenty of laughs)  if half the people here on the forums whining about the monopolies other servers have on recruiting supported the event, it would still being going. 

and i put the next lb date/time in the title of the lb thread.(people still couldn't figure out when it was)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:33 am »
What the CR is supposed to actually do is very limited (atleast from what I've heard). The CRs are suppose to stop arguments, help with forum rules, and discuss forum bans. Pretty serve as the communities voice to the mod team
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:03:39 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 02:55:04 am »
It is true. I did ask Gluk to run a while back.

Hear me out as to why.

What we need is someone who is will bring the community back.

Candidates like me who are just popular memeleers won't really cut it; All I really did was start a couple threads and do a bunch of talking on the forums. All my efforts to get new players actively involved in the game failed.

We need a candidate that will host events and that will get more people involved in the community. I think Gluk could do it, he seems to me like someone who would actually make an effort of doing just that. I also thought BabyJ would be a good choice until he dropped (I think), as I saw him also trying to get some events started. I would say Godfreid would be a good candidate, however I believe he has been pretty inactive, so I am not confident he would get the job done. Orcaryo is abit of a wild card to me - great guy, but he has never been the most active on the forums, and I am not sure if he would get events started. If we were voting for refs though, he is easily one of the most experienced out there, but I have no clue how well he would do as a rep.

So I wouldn't trash Gluk. He seems like a good person, behind all those communist memes he spews. He has been active on the forums recently, and he has been trying to get events started. I think him being CR could easily go well.

So I will endorse Gluk, and BabyJ if he is still running.

m8, how am I inactive? I check the forums all the time and I play regularly.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 02:10:15 am »
Name: Lady Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? :
Why should you become CR? : The NA community as we all know is at a very low point and it needs the attention of someone who can put all effort into it and make new situations for regiments and people to get more involved in the game, for both Competitive and Casual regiments. If you vote Moraine you vote for change!

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 02:30:17 am »
BabyJ, youre right as to what the community rep is supposed to do, but i think what makes someone a good rep is going beyond what's simply required to do the job. Obviously if i were the rep i would do all of those things but i would also actively try and revive the community which imo starts with NA1. Why do i need to be rep to do that? Technically i don't BUT if elected community rep, it would give me so much more validity. Once apoc was elected, people took him so much more seriously even though he's mostly a top kek memer. (lov u apoc).

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 02:39:41 am »
BabyJ, youre right as to what the community rep is supposed to do, but i think what makes someone a good rep is going beyond what's simply required to do the job. Obviously if i were the rep i would do all of those things but i would also actively try and revive the community which imo starts with NA1. Why do i need to be rep to do that? Technically i don't BUT if elected community rep, it would give me so much more validity. Once apoc was elected, people took him so much more seriously even though he's mostly a top kek memer. (lov u apoc).
He also carried status and didn't really have enemies. Can't say the same about you, especially in the competitive community.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 03:14:42 am »
Let's do something fun:

I will interview all the candidates and post the interviews when I do the news tomorrow after the TNWL finals.

The interview will be just two questions:

1. What problems do you see in the community?

2. What do you plan to do as CR?

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 03:51:20 am »
He also carried status and didn't really have enemies. Can't say the same about you, especially in the competitive community.
My "enemies" are people from the politics thread that somehow think that i hate them so they show their anger back in the competitive side which i think is silly. What i post in the politics thread in no reflects how i behave in the competitive community. People who i argue against in the politics thread are sometimes people that i respect and admire within their own communal inputs such as you theo.

If you really see me as an 'enemy' then im sorry to you or anyone else who does because i think it's silly. I haven't really done anything in the community (outside of the politics thread) to warrant people's hatred. Everything i've done only had the best thoughts in mind.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 03:59:50 am »
Name: Aurum
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : I am aware.
Why should you become CR? : To help myself answer this and organize my answer I will just put it in a list format

1. I have a good abundance of time I can dedicate to the community - For the most part I don't normally do a lot of things outside of school and being at home, so I have almost all of the free-time in the world to dedicate myself to the community as well as other things inside the community. (Ie: I'm able to juggle multiple things at once)

2. I love working on big projects such as this and overall having something to focus on - Whether it be a Girlfriend or making bhop maps I constantly need big things to focus on or else I go insane. If you look at the timeline of when I returned to NW (yes, i used to play back in 2014 and 2015) back in July you will see that I periodically do somewhat large things. From July to early September I was practically playing 5+ hours a day, just to improve myself. I went from around 230 hours, to 400+ hours in that time span. After that I hosted the 5v5 GF league, then shortly after that I decided to make my own regiment and now this (if i'm elected). These kinds of things give me something "productive" to do.

3. I don't mind dealing with people's problems - I think most people can agree with me on this, that dealing with others problems gets really tiresome and annoying after awhile. However for the most part I can normally deal with these problems and try to reach a consensus, whether it'd be a dispute between a mod and a forum member, or two regiment leaders.

4. I believe I have the skills to be a good and proper CR - Obviously anybody running for CR thinks this about themselves but as I have hopefully proved before, I have decent/good leadership skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills. (sorry trying to be modest :p)

5. I hate being involved with drama myself - That doesn't mean I can't deal with it, but personally I don't like to troll or be rude. Of course bantering is fun and all but passed that I try to be on everyone's good side, even people I don't politically agree with !

What I plan on doing with CR if I am elected:

1. Try and populate the NA_Assault server with people.

2. Try to host "Recruiting drives" where I contact small regs to help populate the server and try to recruit new people. Most likely one reg Friday night, Saturday Night and possibly Sunday Night (nothing confirmed yet, mostly brainstorming at this point)

3. This is a bit far-fetched and probably unrealistic, but try to recruit youtubers such as Pixelated Apollo and other youtubers alike him to populate the server and spark interest in it, just so that these Recruiting drives can get alot of people on them.

4. Work with the previous CRs and really anyone trying to pitch in and give advice/help.

5. Ensure that the community stays somewhat toxic and drama-free.

thanks for reading this wall of text
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 05:44:14 am »
Aurums got my vote, he's the only person I know has a clean slate (I think) and is very likable. And his gfing league was stellar.

Aurum Chefs_Of_Swaziland is better than NA_Assault silly

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 07:51:12 am »
I want someone that runs to help extend an olive branch between the competetive community of NW and the modders of NW.

We need a competetive mod for NW. One that is updated when it needs to be to balance this game in terms of tournaments.

This mod shall be called MM+  short for Melee Mod Plus

MM+ is the next step for NW since the devs will never update the game so we need to all change to this mod.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »
I want someone that runs to help extend an olive branch between the competetive community of NW and the modders of NW.

We need a competetive mod for NW. One that is updated when it needs to be to balance this game in terms of tournaments.

This mod shall be called MM+  short for Melee Mod Plus

MM+ is the next step for NW since the devs will never update the game so we need to all change to this mod.
Just go find the download to NW when it first came out and play that xD. (and of course being able to change the version on the server.)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2016, 05:22:10 pm »
I want someone who will make Apoc update the news