Author Topic: [IXe] 15ᵉ Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (Under New Leadership) NA  (Read 262828 times)

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Yep accept were going beyond what anybody else has done before. All units I have seen in NA that use historical names are british units so we would be the first to try it with French. Lett he crap pronunciations begin!

Does the 40th use names from the original muster rolls or do you let members choose make their own?
The 40th lets their own members choose their names, as long as they are appropriate ofcourse. However for BCoF, Lawrence found the complete muster roll for the 40th New York Volunteer infantry so we will be switching to that.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Yep accept were going beyond what anybody else has done before. All units I have seen in NA that use historical names are british units so we would be the first to try it with French. Lett he crap pronunciations begin!

Does the 40th use names from the original muster rolls or do you let members choose make their own?
The 40th lets their own members choose their names, as long as they are appropriate ofcourse. However for BCoF, Lawrence found the complete muster roll for the 40th New York Volunteer infantry so we will be switching to that.

Yeah we thought about it and it certiantly would be easier but I decided if the original rolls are right there why not just use the names of the actual guys.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
There were two reasons I didn't take the name of the 27th's Colonel. One, I wasn't fond of the name, two, I wasn't sure whether to take the name of the Colonel or one of the Captains. I just kept my own name.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
I wish I had an actual roster of the 4te, that would be awesome.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile

There were two reasons I didn't take the name of the 27th's Colonel. One, I wasn't fond of the name, two, I wasn't sure whether to take the name of the Colonel or one of the Captains. I just kept my own name.
Thats understandable. The guy I will be is Joseph Leclerc. HE commanded the whole regiment not just the 3e Compagnie. I would rather portray the individual Compagnie Captiane but the rolls only have Sergeant Major and below. Speaking of them take a look at this picture. This is the page I just finished. Luckilly I can zoom in but its still very difficult.

I wish I had an actual roster of the 4te, that would be awesome.

Dont give up man. Took me nearly 6 months to find the rolls for the 15e.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Not sure if I linked it or not but here is my transcriptions so far.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ErGXHlJ8ncNJ4q9P9pzMvJ-XG7yDMzN-Os9bK0f_ANc/edit

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
Seems all your Sergeants died on my birthday....

Btw, do you actually speak French Millander? Or you just going off of a rough translation like me?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:00:08 pm by Newkirk »

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
I know some very basic french. These commands are almost entirely taken from period Manuel's and allot of help from napoleonic reenacters such duuring and Vincenzo

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
Listening to Millander try to speak French was the best part about being in the 15e.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Starting pretty soon your going to hear it allot more  ;D

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
Not sure if I linked it or not but here is my transcriptions so far.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ErGXHlJ8ncNJ4q9P9pzMvJ-XG7yDMzN-Os9bK0f_ANc/edit

I see one of the Corporals was in the 3e Voltigeurs. ;)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Yep by the looks of it the staff of the company were drawn from other young guard regiments. Disappointed that the muster roll doesn't include the company officers but it might be somewhere else in the book

Offline Zelkova1224

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndCS_Raven
good LB tonight guys finally got some footage for YouTube

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Was tough facing the IX corps but we did good. Attendance was great.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Reaper

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st[SA]Fws_Reaper
Hard to face the IXe! Hopefully we can reunite for next LB!