Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 66047 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fallout 4 (3 Days)
« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »
It's optimized so poorly I can't get 60 fps on any setting at all. It just hangs around the 30-40 fps range no matter what I do. Many graphical glitches and stutters as well.

Wasn't too impressed with the gameplay besides that either. Glad I didn't pay for this. God Bethesda loves to fuck shit up.
Perhaps this helps?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/guides/#scrollTop=0
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #316 on: November 13, 2015, 01:44:04 am »
Many people are reporting these problems. The game is certainly unoptimized, as Bethesda games tend to be on launch. You don't have to look very far to find people reporting numerous glitches and bugs either.

Main reason why I waited 2 months before buying Skyrim and will do the same to this game.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #317 on: November 13, 2015, 01:53:12 am »
Many people are reporting these problems. The game is certainly unoptimized, as Bethesda games tend to be on launch. You don't have to look very far to find people reporting numerous glitches and bugs either.

Main reason why I waited 2 months before buying Skyrim and will do the same to this game.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #318 on: November 13, 2015, 05:25:51 pm »
I never played any Fallout game, would you recommend me starting with some older pieces?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 13, 2015, 05:38:11 pm »
You don't have to since like no Fallout is connected other then like easter eggs & some factions are the same example the Brotherhood of Steel.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #320 on: November 13, 2015, 05:38:24 pm »
I never played any Fallout game, would you recommend me starting with some older pieces?
tou don't really have to. The games are all separate from each other.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #321 on: November 13, 2015, 05:40:00 pm »
Cool, I might try it at some point then.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 13, 2015, 07:00:42 pm »
Play New Vegas, and then 3, and then this.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4 (FYI: Released Nov. 10th)
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2015, 11:45:12 pm »
Anyone else finding Survival difficulty pretentious and absurd? E-peen difficulty, would not recommend for first play through.
Spoiler
I'm analyzing the pros vs cons of Survival difficulty and it doesn't add up for the player, unless you enjoy playing the game like Dark Souls because you die a lot more. Whole building full of legendary or higher tier enemies can make it impossible of a fight if multiple enemies are targeting you at the same time. The difficulty is right up the alley for stealth based melee character builds. In my case I did not build my character around any specific play style the first time, just want to experience the game. My sibling pressuring me to give Survival a go was not enjoyable. He can enjoy it somewhat because he is making his character around stealth and melee with his chameleon leather right arm. Quicksaves come in handy.
[close]

No need to eat, drink, or sleep from New Vegas's hardcore mode definitely does not make Survival difficulty live up to it's namesake. It's honestly quite the opposite. You heal a lot slower while taking more damage from enemies, who usually have bullet-sponge like health because higher level enemies spawn more. Frequently you will be hiding to heal at a snail-pace rate. The only good thing is you get much increased chances for good weapons and armor and even junk items. Weapons and armor obtained have a high chance to have one if not multiple mods attached to them when discovered.

I assume legendary enemies are not impossible to find on Normal, just lower chance of spawning. As I experimented changing the difficulty back and forth once legendary enemies spawn, they will stay it seems upon reload if already encountered. In my case a whole building full of legendary and higher tier Gunners guarding it even on Normal is a hellish firefight to gain any ground. It's near impossible with multiple enemies targeting you. With that test in mind I just reloaded.

Of course, if you had the perks for crafting weapons and/or armor you could craft these random treasures yourself with the junk items and requirements met. Most cases on the low levels all you get is pipe gun weapons and leather armor pieces. I wonder if the high risk, high reward loot can bypass the requirements from acquiring specific mods on a discovered weapon/armor.

The game is subjectively hard as-is the first play through even on Normal difficulty. Enemies all around are ready to mess the player up if unprepared. Heaven forbid I am not as willing to give myself the most challenging difficulty encouraged.

In short, if one chooses to play on Survival difficulty. Good for him/her. I'm not one to judge someone because they want a hard challenge, or not. I was simply analyzing what Survival difficulty is all about versus the following to consider. Survival difficulty is just not my cup of tea right now. The game just came out last week for Pete's sakes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:51:50 pm by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2015, 11:48:15 pm »
I started a new play through of New Vegas. Really enjoying doing all the side quests that I missed in my other playthroughs. I can't believe I'm still discovering shit after three playthroughs.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2015, 11:57:43 pm »
I started a new play through of New Vegas. Really enjoying doing all the side quests that I missed in my other playthroughs. I can't believe I'm still discovering shit after three playthroughs.
What's funny is I am all willing to give New Vegas's hardcore mode a go once I play through it myself once. More willing to give hardcore mode a go than Survival difficulty on Fo4. That difficulty just yells 'nope' the first time. With not primarily playing hardcore mode, even just considering the following that you need, for example, doctor bags to heal crippled limbs is a good thing to keep in mind and much more survival-like than Fo4's difficulty named. I'm willing to give that a go once I fully consider and keep in mind the changes it makes when I go for that play through. That's crazy even after 3 playthroughs you discover new things in NV.

Really, not needing to eat, drink or sleep on a difficulty called 'Survival' is quite "well that sucks" disappointment in Fo4.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:59:51 pm by usnavy30 »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 17, 2015, 12:15:59 am »
Hardcore in NV is fun and adds a moderately stimulating third challenge into the game. Play with some essential mods on Hard more with hardcore and wild wasteland perk enabled and it's some of the most fun you can have on PC.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:52 am »
Fallout 4 is an amazing game so far,

10/10

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2015, 06:50:14 am »
I've been enjoying it for sure as well. Awesome experience

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2015, 04:58:47 pm »
They removed the need to eat and drink in hardcore mode? That sucks, I really liked that idea. Heck, I even installed specific foood and drink mods for Fallout 3 to get that survival-like playstyle. I wanna feel like a rugged wanderer that is fighting to survive in the harsh landscape of post-apocalyptic America.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness