Author Topic: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 19882 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 12:10:54 am »
If I was really petty, I'd take your line "I don't care if they are the most biased party there is as long as its fixed" and say that you just admitted that Gluk is a very biased party.
But that's fallacious.
So I won't.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 12:14:04 am »
If I was really petty, I'd take your line "I don't care if they are the most biased party there is as long as its fixed" and say that you just admitted that Gluk is a very biased party.
But that's fallacious.
So I won't.

You would be right that it is fallacious, and I am not sure why you would bother making that post if you knew it was.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2017, 12:30:56 am »
But that's fallacious.
So I won't.

You would be right that it is fallacious, and I am not sure why you would bother making that post if you knew it was.
Because I still don't like that line. You're saying you'd knowingly elect someone who isn't neutral and has a clear bias over someone who, according to you, has less of an ability to get your unsolvable problem fixed, but can effectively remain neutral. I struggle to see why this is legitimate.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2017, 12:37:54 am »
But that's fallacious.
So I won't.

Because I still don't like that line. You're saying you'd knowingly elect someone who isn't neutral and has a clear bias over someone who, according to you, has less of an ability to get your unsolvable problem fixed, but can effectively remain neutral. I struggle to see why this is legitimate.

We just don't have a need for a Neutral Party right now. Being Neutral is a desireable trait of course, but it is just not something we need at all.

Would you rather we have someone breathe life into the community or someone to fairly mediate disputes right now?

My contention is I would rather the former. I do not see a need for the latter at this particular point in time....at all. Perhaps in earlier points in the communities history, but definitely not now.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:46 am »
How does Gluk propose to breath life into the community?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2017, 12:45:46 am »
So you agree?

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2017, 12:53:11 am »
I would also be curious to know how Gluk can bring forth more freshness and positive change than any of the other candidates.

Would you rather we have someone breathe life into the community or someone to fairly mediate disputes right now?
Wouldn't you want both?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2017, 12:56:23 am »
I would also be curious to know how Gluk can bring forth more freshness and positive change than any of the other candidates.

Wouldn't you want both?

Theodins question was whether I would want to choose someone who was biased over someone who had less of an ability to breathe life into the community but was unbiased, and I answered the former. I would rather it be both, but I don't place much value in being unbiased right now.

And that is a question for Gluk. I simply believe that out of all the candidates thus far, he least fits the status quo of CRs which well could have led us to our current situation.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2017, 01:02:17 am »
Orcaryo for a 3rd term!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2017, 01:35:45 am »
Name: Lurvy
EU or NA?:  NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? : I want to help NA die a little faster, it is heading in the right direction, but needs a little help
+1
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2017, 01:38:06 am »
Name: Lurvy
EU or NA?:  NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? : I want to help NA die a little faster, it is heading in the right direction, but needs a little help

Thats our guy

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2017, 01:38:38 am »
Lurvy for community rep!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2017, 01:45:02 am »
So you agree?
No
You know my thoughts on Gluk
I'm just humoring you on yours

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2017, 02:30:31 am »
Name: Orcaryo
EU or NA?: NA
Why should you become CR? : I've been apart of this community for more than 3 years, and have been playing this game for more than 4 years. I've been a server administrator for more than 3 years as well. I've been involved in multiple tournaments such as NANWL. I know how much responsibility this position holds, and I am ready to accept it. Also I have been the CR for the past 2 terms.