Author Topic: New BoP  (Read 15075 times)

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: New BoP
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:41 pm »
Not gonna lie it sounds interesting. Although reading the battles was always one of my favorite parts about these games. I still go back an re-read some of them (specifically ones about Ethiopian landships)

I ask remember the last BoP you were working on awhile which was super over complicated. Even some of your ideas sound a little too complicated for a simple forum game
Isn't that also what Furrnox did in his Japan game? I also remember another BoP that was being developed where they had like industrial levels & every level boosted something else by a certain % (I remember because I think all of England was Red & Orange). It seems like a lot to manage & handle.

I miss the Ethiopian landships too.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 10:20:25 pm »
Not gonna lie it sounds interesting. Although reading the battles was always one of my favorite parts about these games. I still go back an re-read some of them (specifically ones about Ethiopian landships)

I ask remember the last BoP you were working on awhile which was super over complicated. Even some of your ideas sound a little too complicated for a simple forum game

That one was based off a Total War, so yeah, I will agree on that. What sounds too complicated about this proposed system, though? And just to clarify, there will be battle reports, but shorter versions.
i think it was just the trade/resource system
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2018, 12:55:54 am »
Most of the longer battle reports for AoE was done by me, and I remember getting those done within a day or two, and that would have been the same amount of time it would have taken me to write shorter ones. Those reports were treated as ways of explaining the occasional ridiculous rolls that people would have been shocked by.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2018, 02:20:42 am »
No offense, but that is aids
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2018, 02:21:43 am »
some of your ideas sound a little too complicated for a simple forum game
This could be fun to code though if you have any knowledge of that. Seems like a smaller version of eu4 but the few elements are a bit more complex, only because a human would be doing all these things.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 02:45:17 am »
The economy system is simple for one nation. But can you imagine doing that for 10+ Nations every update? That shit is too much. It really sounds like EU4 but the difference is EU4 has a code to do everything while you want to do it all by hand
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:47:09 am by BabyJesus »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 05:31:38 am »
The economy system is simple for one nation. But can you imagine doing that for 10+ Nations every update? That shit is too much. It really sounds like EU4 but the difference is EU4 has a code to do everything while you want to do it all by hand

Would take a couple of minutes per country. It'd take less time than writing long reports where one has to play with words. It's all simple maths and logic.

A has X tax income + X trade income + X resource income - X spent on armies/navies = +/- budget.

In fact, the dice rolls for battles would still be the most extensive part of GMing a system like this because of the phases and required writing. Also, players will have a good enough insight over their own economies (because they need to), so they can help by giving the necessary information and I'll just check if it's correct.
you say that now but if your game does happen you’ll see

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2018, 05:49:43 am »
off topic

Would take a couple of minutes per country. It'd take less time than writing long reports where one has to play with words. It's all simple maths and logic.

A has X tax income + X trade income + X resource income - X spent on armies/navies = +/- budget.

In fact, the dice rolls for battles would still be the most extensive part of GMing a system like this because of the phases and required writing. Also, players will have a good enough insight over their own economies (because they need to), so they can help by giving the necessary information and I'll just check if it's correct.
you say that now but if your game does happen you’ll see
BabyJesus can you change ur avatar to ur old FSE avatar you used when you first started posting on FSE ty

- Community Rep Windflower
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2018, 11:19:27 pm »
Yes, lets do 4 different BoPs again that was fun
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2018, 01:30:19 am »
Caz if you want to do it than just do it, set up a thread see how people many sign up and if no one signs up just lock it.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2018, 01:37:36 am »
Caz if you want to do it than just do it, set up a thread see how people many sign up and if no one signs up just lock it.
the threads already been posted

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2018, 01:39:16 am »
Shiet nvm then.