Author Topic: What regiment do you want added for BCoF?  (Read 8687 times)

Offline JoseyWales

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
What regiment do you want added for BCoF?
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:47 pm »
What regiment do you want added for Battle Cry of Freedom? I personally would want marines represented in-game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:02:39 am by JoseyWales »

Offline Kydric

• First Sergeant
  • "Sniper Doyle"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndWI_Sgt_F_Doyle
  • Side: Union
Re: What regiment do you want added for BCoF?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:45:31 am »
I believe my answer would lead to a bit bias, but I will give my reasoning on why those regiments should be in-game.

Union:
- Iron Brigade - 2nd Wisconsin Infantry - Heh, I said it. A regiment with a unique history, uniforms and weaponry compared to most of the Union Army. They carry long frock coats, black hats and the powerful Lorentz Rifle as a main arm for the 2nd Wisconsin, making them a death machine on the battlefield, as were the men of the Iron Brigade as a whole.
- Eastern Iron Brigade - 14th New York State Militia - The Red Legged Devils, a wonderful unit that used the Enfield Rifle, had wonderful uniforms and were significant in a number of battles.
- 42nd Pennsylvania "Bucktails" - One of the most unique units on the Union side, entirely taking in skirmishing tactics as the base of their regimental formations and training, having accurate rifles and being equipped with fancy bucktails on their caps, they are one of the most unique.
- 39th New York "Garibaldi Guards"- An extremely unique unit that is entirely made up of European settlers, each company having a different nationality. They carried a long frock coat and carried the abbreviation symbol of their regiment on their hat.
- Irish Brigade - Any of the Regiments - The Irish regiments were a unique Union force that had their own songs, style of fighting and origin ofcourse, topping their hats with a symbol of home and nature.
- 52nd New York "Siegel's Rifles" - A good german union regiment with a great amount of history.
- 2nd Rhode Island - A fancy unit with a fancy history, unique uniform containing grey trousers instead of standart union light blue.
- Perhaps a regiment I am not listing, but some that carried full-grey when it went into action during the war.

Confederate:
- Stonewall Brigade- Virginia Military Institute Cadets - A wonderful unit that requires no explanation why it needs to be added.
- 1st Texas Infantry - Wonderful regiment, wonderful texans, wonderful uniforms. Add it.
- Generally units that started using rifles, instead of smoothbores for some balancing.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:39:13 am by Kydric »

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 01:57:24 am »
id be happy to see any thing western

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 03:48:28 am »
I'd like to see the Virginia Military Institute Cadets in the game.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 01:35:53 pm »
VMI did very little, I agree 14th Brooklyn would have been nice and some regiment of the irish and iron brigade too of course. But some western unit would be nice like Longtree said

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 05:35:56 pm »
The 14th Brooklyn are going ro be added i think

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 06:07:44 pm »
VMI did very little, I agree 14th Brooklyn would have been nice and some regiment of the irish and iron brigade too of course. But some western unit would be nice like Longtree said

They did very little but they're still a unique unit. Their uniforms are pretty neat as well.

Offline Kydric

• First Sergeant
  • "Sniper Doyle"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndWI_Sgt_F_Doyle
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 12:13:09 am »
I just think that the regiments that should be chosen are the ones who are from a famous brigade, or were a famous regiment that did wonders up on their own, had a specific unique uniform set of features and maybe were given some sort of interesting choice of a weapon. I think my list fulfilled most of the expectations, but I do agree there needs to be representation for most states in the Civil War of regiments that were known and really partook.

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 04:20:28 am »
I Would like the 1st Minnesota To be added (The Most outstanding unit at Gettysburg,Antietam,Bull Run)

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:27:32 am »
14th New York State Militia is the most superior unit because they had red pants oof.

Post definitely isn't 14thNYSM NaS bias

Offline Traider

• Alpha Tester
  • "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    • View Profile
    • 3rd New Jersey Regiment
  • Nick: Capt.Raider
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 02:27:33 pm »
It would mean the world to my boys to see the 4th New Jersey Regiment added to this game. The Regiment is one of the lesser know regiments but have a very storied history. The 4th New Jersey took part in every major battle on the east coast from 1st Bull Run to Appomattox. Our Colonel served in the Russian Imperial Cavalry during the Crimean War and wore his Russian Cavalry Fox Hair cover that was modified with the 4th's insignia on it. At the battle of Gaines Mill the 4th New Jersey Regiment took on a forlorn hope mission to cover the retreat of the Union army along with the 11th PVI. During this fighting the 4th and the 11th were separated from the rest of the Union Army by nearly a mile, after using all their ammo and being completely surrounded on all sides the men were forced to surrender. At the battle of Crampton's Gap during South Mountain the 4th New Jersey lead the charge on the left wing up the steep and rugged terrain. A Confederate soldier said of the 4th's charge "They sounded like roaring bulls unleashed from the infernal region." During the battle the 4th captured 3 stands of colors from Cobb's Georgia Legion.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:31:23 pm by Traider »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 12:41:34 pm »
9th Indiana Infantry Regiment "The Bloody 9th!"

Mustered from my home of Northwest Indiana. They have quite an extensive battle history, seeing several engagements during the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9th_Indiana_Infantry_Regiment

News Article about it
https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/crown-point/region-civil-war-flags-to-fly-again-at-indiana-welcome/article_bcfb8fc7-3e63-51d1-ab6d-589945fc1c98.html

Offline SUWAROW

• Private
  • What can we do? What can we do? WE CAN FIGHT!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SUWAROW
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 04:21:47 pm »
OFC i wanna see 7th West Virginia :) I think it would be a good idea to be able to create your fighters from the available uniform elements. This would make it easier for developers.

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 03:01:20 am »
The VMI would be a unique and interesting unit to have. I love their uniforms, and their history.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 06:26:11 am »
The VMI would be a unique and interesting unit to have. I love their uniforms, and their history.