Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520226 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #4275 on: September 06, 2018, 12:34:26 pm »
Toffee Gordo and I don't often agree with each other but this time we can agree that your arguments are literally confusingly pulled out of your ass.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4276 on: September 06, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »
But...that's the whole point of a protest? Raise awareness for the issue. When I organise a protest and the only person who hears about it is my neighbour, I'm doing something wrong.
If you only consider a protest a protest when it actually triggers a change, then that's not a very good definition. We would have hardly any events that we could call 'protest' by that definition

I mean, it's in the very name. 'Protest' the issue, not 'Fix' the issue. If they were in a position to fix it on their own, they wouldn't have to protest in the first place, would they.

You put it like it was never clear what the issue was about, that the only thing that was reported was 'Breaking news: Footballers kneel'.
I'd argue they were pretty clear about what the issue was.

Well, there are many forms of protest... I'd argue that this particular case wasn't a very effect one; I strongly doubt it "raised awareness" for police brutality (kneeling during the US anthem could be interpreted as a protest against a great many things), and the thought that it actually did anything to combat the brutality itself is laughable as I think I have already established.

Trump is a shit president and history will record him as such.

Trump's presidential legacy will at least include dismantling the backbone of Obama's legacy which is good enough for most, lol. Then there's always the better-than-most legacy of his life before 2016, and who knows what we will see in his second term.

Toffee Gordo and I don't often agree with each other but this time we can agree that your arguments are literally confusingly pulled out of your ass.

If only Duuring hadn't banned/coerced all right-wingers into silence during late 2016. I'd love for someone else to step in and attempt to string some coherent form of argument out of Toffee's emotional, mindless and utterly hyperbolic rhetoric.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4277 on: September 06, 2018, 01:01:54 pm »
Fuck off Riddlez I gave him facts backed up with sources. I haven’t pulled them out of my ass at all. These guys were peacefully protesting against an injustice and Gordo and his goonies act like they’ve just shot the president. Everyone is talking about the issue now; meaning they achieved exactly what they wanted to.

What about my argument is ridiculous? Don’t chat shit and not explain yourself. You all just ignore the fact that I literally quoted US law and how close Trump came to breaking it.

It’s not my fault that you all want to live in a society where some men making a stand for something that they believe in is a despicable act. But none of you get outraged when a black man is shot dead in the street. It’s a fucking embarrassment and you should all be ashamed.

Gordo loves to rant on about how Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread but doesn’t realise that his approval ranting is tanked and he even lost the popular vote to begin with. I know my posts include a lot of emotion, but that’s not a bad thing when I believe something to be right. At least I can stand up for something that is good.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:07:03 pm by Toffee »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4278 on: September 06, 2018, 01:13:26 pm »
It’s not my fault that you all want to live in a society where some men making a stand for something that they believe in is a despicable act. But none of you get outraged when a black man is shot dead in the street. It’s a fucking embarrassment and you should all be ashamed.

I don't particularly care when a football man sits down during the national anthem because of some ideal that he thinks he is propagating as a multi-millionaire. Indeed black football players have it very rough... It's interesting how they claim to be part of a subset of the population while obviously not being it, being as rich as they are.

What does tick me a little more than the fact of him kneeling during the anthem (which isn't an actual offensive thing to do... I mean... kneeling?) What does irritate me is that he is using sports as a means to propagate political views... which is EXACTLY what sports is not about. It's completely justifiable that the NFL fired them.

I do not believe in a society where men are despised by taking a stand... so in a way my claim about your bullshit is true, ironically you fullfilled it yourself. I just care about the timing and the way it's done. And indeed I don't get outraged when a black man gets shot dead in the street. By now I am used to it and painfully laugh and shake my head saying "oh, America." or "Something with proper application of violence."

I don't get outraged because it doesn't in any way help my already stressfull day-to-day workload. But yes I do think it's outrageous. So please don't wrongfully degrade my sense of morality.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: September 06, 2018, 01:27:05 pm »
They’re rich because they play the game professionally, that doesn’t mean that a lot of them don’t come from deprived backgrounds. Colin Kaepernick was born to a single mother and was given up for adoption as a child.

Whilst he is conveying his political views, it is not without just cause  but rather in response to the idea that he must stand for the anthem. He feels that he should not have to stand for something that he does not support. Based on this, you could argue that it isn’t his fault that he feels like kneeling, but rather something that is brought about by the tradition of having to stand for the flag/anthem.

It’s easy for you to sit and talk about how you don’t support that society, but by not calling those who do out on their bullshit, you’re allowing the process to continue. Sometimes it takes acts from individuals with great influence to push for positive change.

Again, I’ll remind you that my argument has been based on fact. My original point was Trump trying to quash the expression of said individuals, and I even quoted a law that would apply to him if his stance had been official party policy. These men are trying to encourage change in their country, it’s often difficult when they’re prevented from doing so by some weird nationalist tradition of forcing people to stand for the flag but we should encourage them for doing their best to inspire change for a more equal society.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: September 06, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »
Alright, which B-rate Hollywood director is now working for Donald Tusk?
https://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1037673158868959232

Though to be fair it's still a lot better than this:

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: September 06, 2018, 05:39:44 pm »
In regards to Gordo, we're quite clearly not going to agree on anything and all this is leading to is an annoying insults match. I won't post here anymore since it's a bit of a waste of time.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: September 06, 2018, 05:50:44 pm »

Gordo loves to rant on about how Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread but doesn’t realise that his approval ranting is tanked and he even lost the popular vote to begin with. I know my posts include a lot of emotion, but that’s not a bad thing when I believe something to be right. At least I can stand up for something that is good.

I haven't seen a meltdown this embarrassing since the days of Gluk and Nipplestockings.

You are legitimately a social justice warrior.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: September 06, 2018, 05:54:46 pm »

I haven't seen a meltdown this embarrassing since the days of Gluk and Nipplestockings.

You are legitimately a social justice warrior.
Okay Gordo, whatever you say mate. I'm just not gonna interact with you anymore. It's clear we both disagree.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #4284 on: September 06, 2018, 06:35:35 pm »
Kap only started this shit cause he was about to get benched.  A backup QB that was jerked off to infinity by the franchise because he had one good game and led them to Super Bowl which they lost anyways. Fast forward a few years and he has had two losing seasons, abysmal yards thrown, and a frustrated, shrinking fanbase. "What ever shall I do to regain my relevancy oh lord?" cried the oversized afro.  The rest is history from there.  He used his standing in the NFL to stir some controversy and regain his audience, promptly splitting the country's opinion of him.  Also, only getting a fourth out of his contract probably sent him into a hissy fit.  The kid was shoved into the spotlight and he didn't know what to do without it.

Though, who cares about American sports outside of the states anyways, the rest of the world is living in bliss! While this "shithole" bulldozes itself a grave.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: September 06, 2018, 09:17:21 pm »
What does irritate me is that he is using sports as a means to propagate political views... which is EXACTLY what sports is not about

Everything is politics. Sport is maybe the most political thing in our society next to, you know, actual politics and governance.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4286 on: September 06, 2018, 09:52:16 pm »
It is a sad reality but that reality is that everything is political, as Duuring has pointed out. We cannot hope to escape it anymore, as sad as that possibility is.

Kap is a simple example of 'securing the bag' even if he was a black man raised by a benevolent white family since his black family abandoned him. But hey, all cops are pigs amiright?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #4287 on: September 06, 2018, 10:15:10 pm »
It is a sad reality but that reality is that everything is political, as Duuring has pointed out. We cannot hope to escape it anymore, as sad as that possibility is.

Kap is a simple example of 'securing the bag' even if he was a black man raised by a benevolent white family since his black family abandoned him. But hey, all cops are pigs amiright?

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #4288 on: September 07, 2018, 01:12:02 am »
I've so for only had 1 of my 5 profs not mention Donald Trump in a negative light and its day 2, the fuck is that.

What subject do you study?
Its not surprising the subjects in which they dislike him. English and Philosophy hate him, History isn't fond, Polisci talked about why his administration is going tits up and pgov didn't mention him. 

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: September 08, 2018, 09:03:19 am »