Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 145002 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod
« Reply #480 on: September 08, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »
I run a regiment called The ICP (The Communist International) in the Red and Blue: 1936 mod for NW. However, we began to move onto being a multi-mod regiment doing R&B Campaign events on Fridays and random mod events on Saturdays. Ever since I coined that your Crimean War mod is nearing completion, I have made the decision of having my regiment take part in the Crimean War Events you said you have planned. However, I have a stupid question which you'll probably refuse to, but it's fine. My regiment, The ICP, is expressing interest of testing the mod out early before you release it. Think of it as "regimental mod testers." Would you be interested in having our regiment playtest the current state of your mod to help it grow? Thanks!

Sure, your regiment and other interested players are welcomed to early testing of mod :) Later (when there will be at least couple of maps) I will launch testing and will need volunteers :)
In fact, there will be anniversary of the Alma battle on 20th September, and I need for Alma map only to place houses of villages and plants, so I guess it will be interesting to make and Alma battle event on 20th September. I think I will finish this map by that time, but it won't be release of the mod, because there will be not all factions ready and there will be some WIP stuff, but in general, there can be an event with Russia, France and Britain fighting each other.

BTW, today is the anniversary of the fall of Sebastopol, but it's too late to organize an event dedicated to the last assault of Sebastopol, even though the map of the last assault is pretty much ready
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:21:56 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #481 on: September 09, 2019, 03:04:18 am »
Sounds good, my dude! When you're ready for my regiment and other volunteer testers to start testing, make sure to send us the mod files! Thanks!

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 10, 2019, 03:32:26 pm »
Sure :)

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 20, 2019, 09:40:20 pm »
Happy Anniversary of The Battle of Alma, everybody!

Ivkolya, do you have a release date in mind yet? My regiment can't wait to test the mod out and do Crimean War events.  :D

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2019, 12:01:26 am »
Happy Anniversary of The Battle of Alma, everybody!

Ivkolya, do you have a release date in mind yet? My regiment can't wait to test the mod out and do Crimean War events.  :D

I wanted to release on 20th September, but sadly I couldn't make it in time. So I'll try to release next weekend then, but can't promise anything of course.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 28, 2019, 11:32:33 am »
Sorry all, this weekend I definitely can't release - I accidentally deleted .brf-file with all ottoman uniforms in it :(
Luckily, I have a backup file on my work, but I can't restore it until Monday. For now, I'll resume working on the Alma scene.

So I'll try to release the alpha of the mod next week :)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:30:06 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 02, 2019, 11:10:37 pm »
Ottoman Bashi-Bazouk

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2019, 01:58:09 am »
Happy October 25th, the 165th Anniversary of The Battle of Balaclava, as well as The Charge of The Light Brigade!

All in the valley of death, rode the 600!

Can't wait for the release of this mod, and neither can The ICP! Keep at it, Ivkolya!

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2019, 07:34:50 pm »
Happy October 25th, the 165th Anniversary of The Battle of Balaclava, as well as The Charge of The Light Brigade!

All in the valley of death, rode the 600!

Can't wait for the release of this mod, and neither can The ICP! Keep at it, Ivkolya!

I'm making the mod ready for alpha-release (fixing some bugs, caused by absence of new weapons for some units and also some units had no uniform assigned) and i hope i'll upload the alpha-version of my mod today :)
165th anniversary of The Battle of Balaclava is a nice day for release :)

EDIT: the alpha-version of the mod will be uploaded tomorrow, 26.10.2019 (fixing minor bugs and cleaning files from unused stuff is not an easy and quick task)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:45:31 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 26, 2019, 11:28:49 am »
Hello everyone! I'm happy to inform, that the alpha version of my mod is now available for download here

https://www.moddb.com/mods/crimean-war-1854-55

This is the first version of the mod, it is playable already, and I will add new maps, weapons and units later, as well as fixing bugs and errors. There is obviously a lot to do, but I thought I can release this early version, just to give interested players at least something, it will take much more time to finish stuff I planned to add to the mod.
I hope, this mod will be interesting and will have it's followers :)

Offline funky

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 26, 2019, 03:03:21 pm »
Hey lad, second in command of ICP and currently downloading the mod here. Have you thought about creating a discord for the players of this mod to more easily manage events and announcements?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 26, 2019, 03:16:12 pm »
Hey lad, second in command of ICP and currently downloading the mod here. Have you thought about creating a discord for the players of this mod to more easily manage events and announcements?

Nice to meet you :)

I didn't think of that, but I made it now :)

Here is permanent link to the discord server of the mod
https://discord.gg/7gWQqxc
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:29:14 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2019, 05:01:21 pm »
Added a fix for the alpha - I accidentally deleted some files before the release, and also found some minor bugs
WARNING: HotFix was replaced with another fix (I didn't notice absence of hats of bashi-bazouks), sorry for inconvenience

Download link:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/crimean-war-1854-55/downloads/hotfix-crimean-war-1854-55-mod#downloadsform
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:32:06 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
« Reply #493 on: October 28, 2019, 01:33:06 pm »
Great mod! However, shouldn't there be more British regiments? You've posted quite alot of pictures of other regiments, which I would like to see added. I've also encountered quite alot of bugs and errors, primarily on the Ottoman, British and French side. I hope you're able to locate and fix them.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 28, 2019, 08:51:56 pm »
Great mod! However, shouldn't there be more British regiments? You've posted quite alot of pictures of other regiments, which I would like to see added. I've also encountered quite alot of bugs and errors, primarily on the Ottoman, British and French side. I hope you're able to locate and fix them.

Thanks for your feedback!

There are more British (as well as French and Russian) regiments, but there was no room for them. I'm still thinking about how and where to add them
The options are:
1) add new unit sections for winter and summer uniform, uniforms of 1854 and of 1855 and so on,
2) add whole new allied faction with different uniforms
3) leave these uniforms as they are or slightly change current set of units, and all other uniforms add to singleplayer mod if I'll make it.
The British regiments are choosed mainly because of their musicians, each regiment at that time had their own pattern of musicians' lacing and of drums, and there is not so much information, so I added those regiments, which regimental lacing and drums I could find.

As for bugs and errors - that's the whole point of release of the alpha, to find them. So please PM me or post here bugs you've found, and I'll fix them. While making the mod simply there is no possibility to check all by myself, one man can't find all bugs :)