Author Topic: Hello, im asking for an opinion.  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
Hello, im asking for an opinion.
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:47:15 pm »
I was going to ask what you guys think the average Russian/Prussian infantry battalion, cavalry squadron and artillery battery had in May 1813 around the time of Lützen and Bautzen?

I figured that the campaign strength battalion would be around ~600 men, a cavalry squadron around ~150 and im not sure about an artillery battery, seeing as the amount of guns wouldn't be too different im guessing 6 since that was about standard. I know all the standard sizes of the battalions and squadrons on paper but since the 1813 campaign was quite straining and both sides were disorganized in the beginning after the retreat/advance from Russia.

Would be nice if you supported with evidence too.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hello, im asking for an opinion.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:55:19 pm »
I can't really give a sourceable answer, but may I ask why you want to know these things?

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »
I can't really give a sourceable answer, but may I ask why you want to know these things?

SUPER TOP SECRET!

No, just kidding, but me and the 5e Tirailleurs are creating 200th anniversary battles and Bautzen is first up ( Not sure if i have time to get Lutzen done ). So i have the numbers for the french in a book but the Russian ones are expressed in battalions and squadrons, although the size of the Corps is given, the size of the battalions are not.

So thats why im asking if anyone had an educated opinion of what they think it would be.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:59:43 pm »
I could give you the numbers at the start of the France Campaign, but not earlier. Sorry!

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:19:36 pm »
I'm sure there's someone that can answer your questions about the Russians. Just wait till Bluehawk wanders in here. He's probably got some obscure source detailing what poruchik Kizh ate for breakfast any given day of the campaign---certainly references for campaign strengths.

Offline Admiral

• FSE Developer
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 07:46:20 pm »
http://www.reenactor.ru/ARH/PDF/Ylianov_02.pdf

I'm pretty sure this book has the answer, but you need someone to scan it carefully to find it. The text is so unorganized one has to scan couple of chapters to find the necessary sentence. And yeah, it is on russian too.