Author Topic: No. 303 ("Kościuszko") Polish Fighter Squadron  (Read 6678 times)

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: No. 303 ("Kościuszko") Polish Fighter Squadron
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 07:23:44 pm »
The best squadron to ever exist.
Back this up with evidence, please.

Also 6 Polish Pilots VS 300 German Aircraft, the Polish destroyed 150 of them and chased the other 150 back to France. Therefore Britain was saved from Poland.
So 300 german airplanes would have changed the course of the war, and forced GB to capitulate? Sounds highly unlikely.

They had the Top Ace of WW2 Witold Urbanowicz.
With 18 confirmed kills.

Best WW2 ace of Poland. If you look at the list for WW2, you'll find that the germans top that list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces

If it wasn't for Poland Britain would be under Nazi Control right now.
This is highly unlikely. A few Polish pilots did not win the war for the allies.

If anyone says anything to offend the Polish you might just as well
shove Hitler up your A-Hole.

You and your country didn't single-handedly win WW2, despite what you think.

Nationalistic ranting such as this reminds me of Agovic.

All of this

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 07:24:17 pm »
They had the Top Ace of WW2 Witold Urbanowicz.
With 18 confirmed kills.

Best WW2 ace of Poland. If you look at the list for WW2, you'll find that the germans top that list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces
yeah there is quite a difference from Witold Urbanowicz`s 18 to Erich "Bubi" Hartmanns 352

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:44 pm »
The saddest part of this story is that Poland and her people did amazing stuff during the 2nd World War, and thousands of Poles gave their lives for freedom. They fought litterly everywhere, on every front, in every army. Not to mention the resistance, such as the Warsaw Insurgency. And how were they rewarded? They became scapegoats for everything that went wrong and after the war their country was given to Stalin and it had to endure four decades of communism.

So, Baktech, you are doing more harm then good.

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 07:33:17 pm »
The saddest part of this story is that Poland and her people did amazing stuff during the 2nd World War, and thousands of Poles gave their lives for freedom. They fought litterly everywhere, on every front, in every army. Not to mention the resistance, such as the Warsaw Insurgency. And how were they rewarded? They became scapegoats for everything that went wrong and after the war their country was given to Stalin and it had to endure four decades of communism.

So, Baktech, you are doing more harm then good.
I agree.
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 07:41:16 pm »
Very interesting, but keep the antisemitism out of your post.

Kielbasa!

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 11:26:17 pm »
I ran the No. 303 Fighter Squadron for a while on IL-2 Sturmovik. One of my favorite Fighter Squadron of WW2. Altough I wouldn't say they were the best. I believe any pilot who dare to fly among the dog of wars....is the best.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59:31 am »
I respect Poland, and how they fought against Germany, but this has to stop, Baktech.
Spoiler
[close]
You went there, Baktech, you went there.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 02:18:16 am »
Not only is this "questionable" you have offended the Jewish community. Admins please get get this guy off these forums.

Listen, while i understand that he may have offended the Jewish etc community, does that some how override his right to talk about certain subjects? This is a forum and a place for discussion, if one cant talk about things without offending someone, and then getting banned etc for it, what has the world come too? Everyone got their views, some are right and some are wrong,im not a relativist, but that doesn't warrant that just because u disagree with his view, somehow he has no right to post here.

Do what i do when i see something i dont like, dont post their, or post an intelligent/contributing answer.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”
― Salman Rushdie

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 09:15:33 am »
Not only is this "questionable" you have offended the Jewish community. Admins please get get this guy off these forums.

Listen, while i understand that he may have offended the Jewish etc community, does that some how override his right to talk about certain subjects? This is a forum and a place for discussion, if one cant talk about things without offending someone, and then getting banned etc for it, what has the world come too? Everyone got their views, some are right and some are wrong,im not a relativist, but that doesn't warrant that just because u disagree with his view, somehow he has no right to post here.

Do what i do when i see something i dont like, dont post their, or post an intelligent/contributing answer.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”
― Salman Rushdie

This post is extremly poorly made, and highlights false polish superiority and antisemitism instead of bringing attention to the pilots of the 303rd.

His right to express opinions is equally as important as our right to criticize them.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 11:02:16 am »
Yes, anyway for Polish anti semitism may i suggest watching Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter . i support everyone's right to critisize him etc,,just fought the banning etc of him, kicking from the forums was a bit far.

ANYWAY

that new information u posted was Great, very interesting unit, quite Brave, The battle of Britian was a battle which involved many nationalities fighting for freedom/Britannia, and even the British said that one of the top units where the Poles, even Dads Army said so :)