Author Topic: Yugoslavia,Kosovo,and Albania  (Read 6227 times)

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
  • Side: Union
Re: Yugoslavia,Kosovo,and Albania
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:58 am »
I get a lot of hate for being American for many reasons but one is the fact the USA helped Albania, and Kosovo. And that propaganda was spread to make America join the war. True or No.

Spoiler
VS
[close]

Offline Aiello

• Donator
  • I like what I'm reading.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 06:54:14 pm »
Kosovo is similar to an Israel-Palestine situation, you could trace the original settlement to one group but the other group isn't going to simply pack up and leave. The two ethnic groups in the area have always been united against some common enemy before, some of those enemies being the Turks, Facists, Capitalist countries, etc. After the USSR breakup and the dissolution of Communism in Europe as a whole the groups have no 'enemy entity' to unite against and nationalistic fervor took over and individual groups became more self-determined.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:14:27 pm by Aiello »

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 06:04:38 pm »
This forum houses a community from a vast variety of different backgrounds and cultural beliefs - As such forum users are expected to behave with a little more courtesy and respect for one another than has so far been shown in this thread. I do not wish to prevent you all from discussing either current events and/or historical conflicts, but if you wish to do so then you must behave in an objective and sensible manner. Do not make sweeping generalisations about any cultural group or nationality, do not use these discussions as an excuse to insult one another, and do not allow these threads to get so out of hand that moderator intervention is necessary.

Consider this an early warning, if I have to come back into this thread there'll be serious consequences. Act like the level-headed academics so many of you seem to aspire to be.

Regards,

- Blob
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 04:12:36 pm »
This forum houses a community from a vast variety of different backgrounds and cultural beliefs - As such forum users are expected to behave with a little more courtesy and respect for one another than has so far been shown in this thread. I do not wish to prevent you all from discussing either current events and/or historical conflicts, but if you wish to do so then you must behave in an objective and sensible manner. Do not make sweeping generalisations about any cultural group or nationality, do not use these discussions as an excuse to insult one another, and do not allow these threads to get so out of hand that moderator intervention is necessary.

Consider this an early warning, if I have to come back into this thread there'll be serious consequences. Act like the level-headed academics so many of you seem to aspire to be.

Regards,

- Blob
Can you give me some quotes where we're doing this? I'm just asking some general questions. I haven't said anything about someones background nor nationality. I'm just trying to ask the community some questions. Other than that I don't understand why this has to be a "Consider this an early warning, if I have to come back into this thread there'll be serious consequences. Act like the level-headed academics so many of you seem to aspire to be." I'm not trying to be rude or anything I just don't understand why this is a warning when I'm just asking the community a few questions.

Offline eXiR62

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bazooka auf den Schultern - Pêşmerge-Style
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Adam MacFie
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 11:27:29 pm »
Whats wrong with Bosnia? I'm just now starting to learn about the Yugoslavia Breakup and researching so enlighten me please.
There are three main ethnies living in Bosnia. The Croatian, who are catholic, the Serbs who are orthodox and the Bosniaks who are muslim. The only thing that changes is the religion, otherwise they speak the same language, except that the Serbs mainly use the cyrillic alphabet.

After the war in Croatia, after that the Croats declared their independence from Yugoslavia, Bosnia did the same. The thing is that Bosnia is quite messed up in terms of ethnies, because there is no real Bosnian entity. So, the Serbs considered it to be still theirs. They went to war against the Bosniaks and the Croats (mainly the Bosniaks because they are muslims) to "remove kebab" (ethnic cleansing). The war was very violent, and the UN wasn't really involved except in the end. The siege of Sarajevo or the Srebrenica massacre are great exemples of the violence on civilians and the will to "remove kebab" by the Serbs. Now that the war is over, Bosnia is divided between the Republika Sprska (the Serb republic of Bosnia) and the Federation of Bosnia and Hercegovina which is the "union" of the Croats in Bosnia and the Bosniaks.

Hope it's clear enough and sorry for the possible mistakes :P

+1
Very good Explained. Dont know if you also a balkans or ex-jugo, but its true what you said, and in this way you said, is good.