Poll

Which is better?

Heavies
19 (26%)
Hussars
54 (74%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Heavies vs Hussars  (Read 4862 times)

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
Heavies vs Hussars
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »
Top Swede Vander was arguing with me earlier about what was better, Heavies or Hussars. Now I imagine this has been asked before but after we've all been in the game a bit longer we can probably make a better judgement now.

Personally I think the lack of health on a hussar and the increased speed means controlling a hussar takes more ability to control and you you must be a more skilled player to master hussars. On the other hand I feel heavies are allowed to rely on their increased health to almost tank their way through an enemy. Obviously heavy nubs disagree but I'm wondering what the wider opinion is. I assume there are more hussars in the community so let's take that into account with the vote.

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
Re: Heavies vs Hussars
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »
Hussars! :)

Offline Griff Redstorm

• Major General
  • Best Cav +100 Ping
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11e_Huss_Maj_Griff
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »
Both has good and bad sides. It ends up in player not the class.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:21:54 pm by Griff Redstorm »

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 12:00:17 am »
This
+ Hussars can delay, heavies can't.
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline Wibpaint

• Major
  • Cav4Lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wib
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 12:08:11 am »
I think both are good but for me I just enjoy hussars more not because they're 'better' but because I find them more fun to play. Nor does it really matter which is better as long as I have fun playing it

Offline Vander

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Nr12_Gefr_Rekthofen
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 12:55:20 am »
Nub, I didn't say they were directly better.

The hussar class can do things the heavies can't, and vice versa. I was protesting the notion that they're worse than hussars and that they're less useful - and also claiming that hussars are far easier to play.

Largely, hussar relies on having others make mistakes for them and dipping in and out as you please, and never being caught by others. A hussar regiment can just run away or dart in quickly, whereas heavies have to dedicate a charge; this requires more thought from the commander, more skill from the players (you can't run away, you can't outrun the enemy cavalry, you can't run into a bayonet, ever, but survive stabs) and a good amount of teamwork. A heavy regiment has to be closely tied, as someone has to be the linebreaker and the one who grants the others the kills, whereas light cavalry can gallop around and snag their own whenever an opportunity arises.

Thus, in my opinion and experience, hussars are -far- easier to play, easier to get kills with, but not necessarily better than heavy cavalry. One is a constant needle in the eye for artillery and skirms, the other smashes through formations like nobody's business and can easily carry a team to victory with a good charge.
Note that I'm not claiming that hussars aren't hard to master. There are pretty damn good light players out there, and far more of them than there are heavies.

so tired why did i write this i will regret it in the morning

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 06:53:59 am »
Throughout my time leading in events I only really feared heavy cav. Being able to take bullets and keep going and the longer sword makes it far more effective in my opinion during linebattles. Then you have the PLG who can do a anything
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 01:21:43 pm »
It depends on what function you need them to fullfil.

Personnally, I would only use heavy Cavalry for charging against line infantry, if I had to choose between the two.
Just because the heavy cav is pure power and muscle, and you need that against bayo's

I'd use hussars for anti-cav, anti-artillery and anti-light and skirmishers.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Majestic

• Sergeant Major
  • worldsbesthussar
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 94th_Gren_Tyrone_Bennett
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 01:42:04 pm »
dis
2x 1v1 Cavalry Duelling Tournament Winner

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 09:08:34 pm »

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 11:00:13 pm »
Heavy Cav is cooler + They wreck infantry.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 12:07:57 am »
The poll speaks for itself, the hussar just has more advantages than the heavy cavalry. That said, that doesn't mean heavies don't have their own little perks/advantages. Although when playing competitively I'd say playing hussar is preferable. But hey, thats just my two cents.   ;)

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 03:58:27 am »
Hussars are the fastest unit in the game which means they can exactly decide when they would attack - or not.

So if they are not under fire or anything and are very patient AND are also more or less good they can defeat any number of enemies on a large enough battlefield because they can engage the enemy right at the exact spot where they want them to have and at exactly the point in time when they are disposed.

So yeah, hussars are the best unit in the game assumed they have time and space ad infinitum.

Ofc I still voted for heavies because they carry on the honourable spirit of ancient knights and can never be compared to Hungarian robbers and horse thiefs which get represented by the Hussars. :-*
Also if you agree with my argumentation, that would mean heavies are more skillful to play which would make them more desirable for people with higher standards than only their own score.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 05:34:51 am »
Heavy cav with armour, but without it then just go hussar.