Author Topic: 4e Cavalry Groupfighting  (Read 10752 times)

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lindblom
  • Side: Confederacy
4e Cavalry Groupfighting
« on: December 02, 2013, 06:55:46 pm »

The 4e Cavalry Groupfighting is a new CGF Server made by Lindblom and BigRedone! The server is made for cavalry melee only; breaking any of the server's rules will not be tolerated, as this will ruin the game for everyone else on the server! Every ban/unban/admin request must be made on our website!

Server Information!
Updated Monthly

Roubaix, France
 3.4GHz Xeon E3 Ivybridge
 2x 2TB SATA3
 32GB RAM DDR3 ECC
 2TB Raid-0 (Stripped for Speed)

Rules
 No trolling!
 No shooting!
 No wallhugging!
 Don't dismount at spawn!
 Behave!
 Only rankers!
 No teamhitting/teamkilling!

Mapmakers
BigRedOne
Felix

Caylor
Kenway
Shark
Felix
Saka

Server hosted by

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:07:57 pm by lindblom »

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
Re: 4e Cavalry Groupfighting
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 06:57:05 pm »
Just what the Cavalry community needs! More division and bickering!

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »
Server will open next week :)

Offline Angel

• Alpha Tester
  • 84e Prison Guard
    • View Profile
    • Free GF-Maps!
  • Nick: 84e_Art_SLt_Angel
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »
Good luck! :)

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:15:17 pm »

It's up to every player on what server he wants to play on :)

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:15:55 pm »

Just what the community needs! More Sarcasm!

No, we wish for a new cavalry groupfighting. Of course this probably makes you unhappy as you play a major role in the "Cavalry Groupfighting Server". However, we simply do not enjoy the amount of inactive admins on that server and therefore wish to create a far more active admin team. I do not want to bicker and wish you the best of luck with CGS in the same manner that I wish you would offer us =)

Our aim is to create a friendly community within the server ,with an active admin team to allow the community to enjoy there cavalry experience. If you have any further issues with this please pm

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »
There was no sarcasm there
No, we wish for a new cavalry groupfighting. Of course this probably makes you unhappy as you play a major role in the "Cavalry Groupfighting Server".
Not unhappy, Cavalry Group-fighting is unlikely to lose any traffic what-soever to your server.
Our aim is to create a friendly community within the server ,with an active admin team to allow the community to enjoy there cavalry experience.
Create a community from a community that already exists from an idea that is already in place with another factor removed you mean.

create a far more active admin team.

I'm playing right now and there's 16 players, 3 of which are admins. What you fail to mention is that you've both been begging for admin for weeks and are only making this so you can stroke your epeen a little more.

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:37:29 pm »
There was no sarcasm there
No, we wish for a new cavalry groupfighting. Of course this probably makes you unhappy as you play a major role in the "Cavalry Groupfighting Server".
Not unhappy, Cavalry Group-fighting is unlikely to lose any traffic what-soever to your server.
Our aim is to create a friendly community within the server ,with an active admin team to allow the community to enjoy there cavalry experience.
Create a community from a community that already exists from an idea that is already in place with another factor removed you mean.

create a far more active admin team.

I'm playing right now and there's 16 players, 3 of which are admins. What you fail to mention is that you've both been begging for admin for weeks and are only making this so you can stroke your epeen a little more.

"What you fail to mention is that you've both been begging for admin for weeks and are only making this so you can stroke your epeen a little more."

If the server would have been full of admins all the time we would not have asked for admin. I think everyone who has been on CGF recently have seen a lot of trolling.

"Not unhappy, Cavalry Group-fighting is unlikely to lose any traffic what-soever to your server."

I would not be so sure about that if i were you! We have a better hosting provider and got a couple of skilled mapmakers working on maps for us.

If you got any further problems with this you could just message me or tactical on steam rather than spamming this thread with complaints. It is not a good advertisement for yourself or for your "Cavalry Groupfighting Server", have a good day :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:49:01 pm by lindblom »

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »
Trolls are everywhere, that's why we have admins. But we need to make sure the admins are reliable and trustworthy. We do not wish to give admin to people who are clearly in it for their own gain. If there was such a trolling problem would you like to explain why despite there being other Group-fighting options, ours continues to keep it's visitor numbers up?

Good rule of thumb, don't edit your post while I'm typing, because I will continue to do so.

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »
@Use4life as said before take this to pm's.

The idea is actually originated from lindblom. Power, wanting of admin? The only reason I want admin is to make the server less trolly and besides what you say currently, I have seen a large amount of trolling with no admin on. I don't want admin for power or being seen as a 'higher person in the community'. As said on my admin application at the time I want it to stop trolling to make the experience more enjoyable.

So please stop the bickering and 'hitbacks/drama' and go to pm's as of now I wont respond to negative comments. If you didn't mean your message sarcastically. It does have a very sarcastic vocal tone to it (the way you phrased it) :) So please stop the large grasps of quotes and points. I am not here to create 'drama' but here to create an alternative to the community. Also by the meaning of 'creating' a fun community within a server, you will mostly find that each server has regulars and this is what I meant. If people prefer this server that is for them to decide but either way I offer you and CGF good luck in whatever you decide to do.

This isn't an arguement or a discussion its a thread about an alternative server for  people to go to

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »
Well since you can't seem to find any legs to stand on I'll leave it here.

Good luck with your server. You're sure as fuck gonna need it.

Offline lindblom

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »
Trolls are everywhere, that's why we have admins. But we need to make sure the admins are reliable and trustworthy. We do not wish to give admin to people who are clearly in it for their own gain. If there was such a trolling problem would you like to explain why despite there being other Group-fighting options, ours continues to keep it's visitor numbers up?

Good rule of thumb, don't edit your post while I'm typing, because I will continue to do so.

If you didn't notice the population of 8e cgf no lances has raised quite a lot. Last night there were 10 guys on no lances and _0_ on CGF. "Reliable and trustworthy" "Not in for personal gain" pls. If you didn't know there are a very small part of the community that are not reliable when it comes to admining a server. 8e accepts everyone and they have no problem whatsoever. There are always admins on there!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:00:52 pm by lindblom »

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 08:02:34 pm »
If you got any further problems with this you could just message me or tactical on steam rather than spamming this thread with complaints. It is not a good advertisement for yourself or for your "Cavalry Groupfighting Server", have a good day :)

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 08:12:18 pm »
I agree with Lindblom about lack of cav gf admins and trolling. There are always teamkillers or shooters when admins are offline (that means at least 80% of the entire day). But I don't see a point of creating a new gf server when we already have a good one (8e). It divides the community a bit :)

Offline Parts

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr1_Wm_Parts
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »
Now, I get everyone's point, but, Lindblom is right, there is a massive lack of admins on the CGF, And by saying you'r trying to give admins to reliable and trustworthy admins, you give it away to some idiots who are trolls themselves.

I wont call names, but most of the people know who they are. Yet I'm sorry for Use, I get why there is so much hate, yet Use needs to understand that it's no one's fault but his poor and lacking choice of picking admins, having a lot of trolls on CFG.

But isn't thats why we have the 8eš server? Why create even a newer one

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:40:16 pm by Parts »