Author Topic: What car do you drive?  (Read 47715 times)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: What car do you drive?
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:55 pm »
What would you guys recommend for a first car if you have around 10.000euros and you actually wanna feel it when you push the clutch, but still wanna have a reliable car that you can actually afford? You guys sound like you have knowledge about this shit

Ehhh, tough to say because I don't know how the pricing is in EU for cars... how the dealers are.. etc.. In the US 10,000 Euros would get you a meh ride with some mileage on it if you were willing to get a pretty old model, but nothing crazy. With 10,000 Euros you arent really able to put money into a new car for purchase, but leasing would be an option depending on your needs. But yeah in terms of purchasing, you won't get the best of quality unless you find a great deal at some side lot.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:35:15 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2017, 10:37:50 pm »
That is to be expected for your first Car I guess :D Thanks Squirts
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2017, 10:42:20 pm »

No problem. Hehe. But yeah my first car was a 2003 GMC Envoy with like 80,000 miles for about 6,500 Euros, which isn't that poor of a buy in terms of value. Just depends what you can find.

But once you gather up some money for a real ride and are making decent money, you can look for future options. Started in a 2003 Envoy at about age 16, worked hard, sold my envoy, got a 2012 SRT Charger, sold that after a few months and got myself a 2016 Dodge Challenger. Never looked back :v

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:46:54 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2017, 11:24:04 pm »

No problem. Hehe. But yeah my first car was a 2003 GMC Envoy with like 80,000 miles for about 6,500 Euros, which isn't that poor of a buy in terms of value. Just depends what you can find.

But once you gather up some money for a real ride and are making decent money, you can look for future options. Started in a 2003 Envoy at about age 16, worked hard, sold my envoy, got a 2012 SRT Charger, sold that after a few months and got myself a 2016 Dodge Challenger. Never looked back :v

Spoiler
[close]
Do you get snow? that much power on rear wheel drive can't handle too well
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2017, 11:28:22 pm »
I rotate out snow tires with my original all-season set, makes the traction much better. But honestly I drove this winter with the all-season set and that was through Michigan Winter and it wasnt bad at all, as long as you're a smart driver and know what you're doing.

Offline csderp

• Sergeant Major
  • serenity now
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_ColFo_CSDrep
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2017, 12:30:43 am »

tfw cant find a twingo in the us
gotta get rid of these gay wheel covers that my brother thought were a good idea without offending brother

[close]
Rock the casbah

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2017, 06:09:36 am »
Civics as with all front wheel driven cars are pretty boring drives.
And aren't the most effective A to B cars either.

What would you guys recommend for a first car if you have around 10.000euros and you actually wanna feel it when you push the clutch, but still wanna have a reliable car that you can actually afford? You guys sound like you have knowledge about this shit

Do you want to do some work on it? (maintenance)
Do you want to look cool or do you want a car that's fun to drive?
Are you just going to push it on the highways or you plan on learning cornering techniques?
Do you mind buying used?

Mazda Mx5
Subaru WRX
Mitsubishi Lancer. just dont get a stupid front wheel drive model. (defeats the purpose)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:26:34 am by MarshalKim »
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline csderp

• Sergeant Major
  • serenity now
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_ColFo_CSDrep
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2017, 06:55:25 am »
Mazda Mx5

I didn't know you liked boys, sir :3
Rock the casbah

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2017, 06:56:36 pm »
Dear diary. Today my car shit itself and died. Car gives a hard knock when shifting gears and won't go past 0.5 rpm when in gear. I can rev to any rpm when neutral. Any ideas?
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2017, 07:32:11 pm »
Dear diary. Today my car shit itself and died. Car gives a hard knock when shifting gears and won't go past 0.5 rpm when in gear. I can rev to any rpm when neutral. Any ideas?

Take it to a mechanic ASAP imo as you might just be making it worse. The obvious possibility is your transmission is somehow fucked.
Why am I still here

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2017, 07:52:28 pm »

Take it to a mechanic ASAP imo as you might just be making it worse. The obvious possibility is your transmission is somehow fucked.
^

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2017, 08:03:50 pm »

^
I called a tow truck and took it home. It's sitting in the driveway right now. I wonder if advanced autoparts will lend me their code reader

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2017, 09:13:08 pm »
I travel 500km a week by train. Can read and phone while driving and only costs me 200 bucks a month.

You guys should try it, saves you a LOT of money on a year.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2017, 09:26:41 pm »

^
I called a tow truck and took it home. It's sitting in the driveway right now. I wonder if advanced autoparts will lend me their code reader
I borrowed a code reader from the autoparts store and it gave diagnostics code P0743. So its something with the torque converter. Full description was Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Electrical.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2017, 10:41:46 pm »

Take that shit to the mechanic reaaaaal quick. If your tran is fucked than RIP wallet.

I travel 500km a week by train. Can read and phone while driving and only costs me 200 bucks a month.

You guys should try it, saves you a LOT of money on a year.

Lol, really depends where you live bud. In the US it's not that easy. Sometimes a car is truly your only option depending where you live, where you work, where you study, etc.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:44:27 pm by GeneralSquirts »