Author Topic: Question about tournaments  (Read 944 times)

Offline LastSpartan

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Åbo_Soldat_Spartan
  • Side: Confederacy
Question about tournaments
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »
Hello. I am the leader of Karjalan Prikaati. We bring 25-35 people (all finns) to weekly events. We have never participated in any tournaments as a regiment, and quite frankly only a few people have asked me about Karjalan Prikaati participating any tournaments. I consider myself to be active on the forum but I've never really ever read what the tournaments are even about.

So I'd like to ask you: do you consider participating in the tournaments to be a joyful thing or just something you have to do if you want to stay in your regiments? Or perhaps something else? I want to ask because they often are a hot topic in public chats during linebattles, and I'd really like to know if competetive play is something most of you play this game for, or are there still lot of people like me, who play it for the sake of playing together to have fun.

I have never found joy in being better than the average guy in melee, and I am certain I represent the opinion of most of our players when I say that Napoleonic Wars is about doing stuff together and having fun while doing it, not trying to turn it into esports. Winning is not the most important, if at all important, when fighting linebattles.
Åbo = Turku

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Question about tournaments
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 09:20:05 pm »
Hey LastSpartan, to answer your question bluntly, do what you enjoy. Just because a lot of others play in competitive leagues doesn't mean you're obligated to. If you and your guys really do enjoy going head to head with another regiment in an official round to round match, then sure go ahead and sign up. If you don't like it then just don't do it ever again but if you do like it then just keep going with the flow. At the end of the day, do what you and your guys have fun with. Not every regiment plays this game for the competitive leagues. You have a lot of regiments full of people who just like to hang out and compete in line battles and find that more competitive strategically in their mind. That's perfectly fine also, at the end of the day we play this game to have fun in our own ways and that is the beauty of gaming.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Question about tournaments
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:39:18 am »
breddy gud thread