Author Topic: LaughingStone Custom Map Service  (Read 8645 times)

Offline LaughingStone

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
LaughingStone Custom Map Service
« on: August 30, 2014, 06:57:17 pm »
Welcome To LaughingStone's Custom Map Service

!BUSINESS CLOSED FOR NOW!

Hello!

My name is LaughingStone, Im Co-Creater of the regiment 1st_Yorkshire.
Ive been making maps for almost a year. If your server need new maps, dont be afraid to contact.
Simply just fill out the template below.
I dont have a permanent price for my maps. The price depends on how much time & efford i use to create the map.
If you have any questions, Feel free to ask :)

Can you make me a map?
Yes I can. Use this application/template to order a map

Module:
Map Size:
Gamemode:
Map purpose:
Your idea:
Ussage:
I will buy this map:

Exsample for application/template!

Module: Napoleonic Wars
Map Size: Around the size of the French Farm map in Napoleonic Wars
Gamemode:Battle
Map purpose:Prison Break
Your idea: Dessert feel to it.
Ussage: Im going to use the map on my server called. 1st_Yorkshire_Official
I Will buy the map: Yes, I Will

Benefits of buying my maps!
*You will get all rights.
* I will NOT public the map.
*You have no competition
*I will announce on my steam group and here who bought it. and where to play it.

How to contact me?
Steam: LaughingStone
Email: LaughingStone@outlook.com

Join My Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWCustomMaps/edit

Join My Regiment Here!
Name of regiment is 1st_Yorkshire.
We play as Rifle. Sometimes as Lights
Add me on steam if interested in joining

Napoleonic Wars Maps!

Napoleonic Wars Regiment Training Map
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ohwe3z8r70tbnh7/scn_mp_french_farm.sco
How to install:Replace French_Farm with the downloaded map. French_Farm
Description of map: 1 Promotion Area, Melee Training Area, Shooting Raange, Arty Shooting Range & Big field to train real LB situations.
Spoiler

[close]

Napoleonic Wars Prison Break Map
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tbdkvwjg97arzc8/scn_mp_walloon_farm.sco
How to install: Replace Walloon_Farm with the downloaded map. Walloon_Farm
Desription of map: 1 Prison, 1 Shower House, 1 Dinner House, Prisoners are able to escape to an island to win the game.
Spoiler

[close]

Napoleonic Wars Naval Battle
Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/2w9pul9d81z06lt/scn_mp_outlaws_den.sco
How to install:Replace outlaws_den with the downloaded map. outlaws_den
Description of map:1 UK Naval base, 1 French Naval Base, 1 fregat with cannons, 1 island.
Spoiler

[close]

Napoleonic Wars D-Day
Download Link: Bought by Napoleonic Role Play
How to install: Replace naval with the downloaded map. naval
Desription of map: Its Basically a detailed D-Day map
Spoiler
Pictures Coming Soon
[close]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:57:22 pm by LaughingStone »

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: LaughingStone Custom Map Service
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 07:23:04 pm »
The thing with selling maps is whoever's joined a server with one of your sold maps, can just re-use and re-publish your map, since the downloaded maps can be found in Documents/Mount & Blade Warband/SceneObj together with the scene code. So, even though you wouldn't want to publish your creations, they could still be made public by someone else.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:22:51 pm by DanyEle »

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
  • Put something useful here
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:58 am »
The thing with selling maps is whoever's joined a server with one of your sold maps, can just re-use and re-publish your map, since the downloaded maps can be found in Documents/Mount & Blade Warband/SceneObj together with the scene code. So, even though you wouldn't want to publish your creations, they could still be made public by someone else.

Aye but they sure can have permission to shut them down if they see it.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 04:11:19 am »
Before anyone's a dick and says unnecessary stuffs, knowing this community, it won't fly.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:08:32 am »
Paying for scenes? No offense, but who ever does that is really silly. Now let me explain why..

I don't believe that ever someone actually sold his scenes in this community or the Taleworlds. For some simple reasons.

1. Like DanyEle said, they can be to easily accessed to there is no slot or limitation to other users when someone bought your scene.
2. Everyone can scene. While you ask money for it, someone else would make them for free. As I've seen so many times, and perhaps make even better onces.

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:44 am »
why pay when you can hire some other person for free ?

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:48 am »
Nobody is going to pay for some mediocre at best scenes that have mostly been done before, no offense m8. Even more so when you previously offered them for free. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=17875.msg738618#msg738618
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:23:11 am by Death by EMP »

Offline ZeroSkilled

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex-Mapper
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart link!
  • Nick: ZeroSkilled
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 01:23:00 pm »
Nobody is going to pay for some mediocre at best scenes that have mostly been done before, no offense m8. Even more so when you previously offered them for free. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=17875.msg738618#msg738618

Topkek
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Offline LaughingStone

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 10:32:57 pm »

Topkek

Listen. I dont sell maps which ive made public. those maps with a download is maps which ive made for free for everybody to use. So to answer your question. I have nerver sold a map which ive offered for free once.

Offline LaughingStone

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:34:58 pm »

I guess so. But ppl are still buying them for whatever reasons they now have.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 10:38:36 pm »

Topkek

Listen. I dont sell maps which ive made public. those maps with a download is maps which ive made for free for everybody to use. So to answer your question. I have nerver sold a map which ive offered for free once.
Then why are the images the same for both threads? Are you implying nobody has used those maps before?

Offline LaughingStone

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 10:44:22 pm »

Topkek

Then why are the images the same for both threads? Are you implying nobody has used those maps before?

Since im fairly new to this community i didnt know where to post my thread. So now ive reposted the thread here. as i said. The maps with a download link  is for public use. i dont charge any money for them. And yes. I know for sure all my maps which ive made for free to use is being used by different servers.

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 11:27:34 pm »
I believe he has a right to sell if he put alot of work in it, some folks just don't have the time and dedication to put so much effort in a map when they know a guy they can easily hire out of a quarter of their weekly pay to easily get it done and everyones happy.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:29:07 pm by HipsterRich »

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 11:36:31 pm »
I believe he has a right to sell if he put alot of work in it, some folks just don't have the time and dedication to put so much effort in a map when they know a guy they can easily hire out of a quarter of their weekly pay to easily get it done and everyones happy.  ;)

1.) There are people that put a lot of effort into maps and release them for free.

2.) I'm glad you like Crosby Stills and Nash. I dislike Neil Young. :)

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 11:45:47 pm »

1.) There are people that put a lot of effort into maps and release them for free.

2.) I'm glad you like Crosby Stills and Nash. I dislike Neil Young. :)

Finally someone who actually knows who they are!

Besides that going off topic and I guess your right from that point but to people who often gain money now and then easily and have nothing to spend it on and would like a map being worked on on a huge scale while they just enjoy themselves doing the normal stuff they do daily while the mapper is behind the scenes was basically my main point.

(Woodstock and Suite Judy Blue Eyes right? xD)