Author Topic: Gibby & Kore's NW Sword List  (Read 26449 times)

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gibby & Kore's NW Sword List
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 01:26:13 am »
jajaja

Radulf

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 03:24:36 am »
Is this based on GF or duel?

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 04:34:58 am »
Duel I guess, makes it funnier  ;D ;D

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 04:48:21 am »

both
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 07:54:23 am »
where r de americns
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 08:17:02 am »
(first off:) wtf

secondly, why are there some native people when it’s a 'NW' list? playing a few tournament over the years within this community doesn’t automatically make you a NW sword legend but a native player who switches from time to time; so whether change the list or put 'NW' out of the name

also, lmao why are there just inf players? (apart from me & Ciiges)
most cav people (who practice sword fighting almost daily) would beat most inf players on this list, just saying
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 09:32:54 am »
Spoiler

secondly, why are there some native people when it’s a 'NW' list? playing a few tournament over the years within this community doesn’t automatically make you a NW sword legend but a native player who switches from time to time; so whether change the list or put 'NW' out of the name

most cav people (who practice sword fighting almost daily) would beat most inf players on this list, just saying
[close]

Who plays swords anyway?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 11:45:40 am »

If you think I missed someone out that should be on here tell me tyty.

Also, gibby is fairly active in NW.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 02:03:48 pm »

Gibby has won the last NW sword tournaments. I agree it doesn't necessarily mean much as it was mostly sword + bayonets format, but for a lack of other relevant data, you can't use much else to rate players. People who disagree with Gibby rating himself at the top should just ask him for a duel and find out by themselves. The next 3v3 full sword tournament should also give a more accurate picture to rate players.

There is no denying that you and Ciiges would indeed trash most people on this list (with a few exceptions) and on top of my head, there atleast a dozen of players which I recall being rather excelent sword players but these players were also unsurprisingly top cav players meaning they were just complete players and knew how to fight mounted and dismounted wise.

Saying most cav people who practice sword fighting almost daily is merely irrelevant because the average cav player doesn't practice dismounted sword fighting daily. I have always been an average player, cav or inf, but when I used to play in the cav community, I would have no problem killing most of the other average players dismounted, be it on gf server or in actual LBs. The real challenge would only happen if I met players like you, Ciiges, Thorvic, Remao or other, which as mentioned earlier, are top cavalry players in their own rights and obviously better than me in all the areas of cavalries playstyle, dismounted fights included.

Cavalry and infantries players don't mix-up, there are only a few tournaments here and there where they play together, and an infantry sword fight is rather different than a hussar sword fight.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2019, 02:46:18 pm »
Spoiler
Gibby has won the last NW sword tournaments. I agree it doesn't necessarily mean much as it was mostly sword + bayonets format, but for a lack of other relevant data, you can't use much else to rate players. People who disagree with Gibby rating himself at the top should just ask him for a duel and find out by themselves. The next 3v3 full sword tournament should also give a more accurate picture to rate players.
[close]
You might have misunderstood me.
I don’t disagree with Gibby rating himself 100/100 in his own list - I’ve seen him play once or twice and I’m sure in comparison to the other players on there he makes a very good figure. But in my opinion, the interesting thing about making a NW sword list is to actually rate people who come from NW since sword-fighting on its own has never been a big thing in the nw community (at least not as prominent as bayo or cav) and putting native players on there/the top - which is the most obvious choice since in that module swords have a way more prominent status and therefore the players are overall better - leads in my opinion to this list being very boring.
(I know it’s your list - just my humble opinion)

Spoiler
there atleast a dozen of players which I recall being rather excelent sword players but these players were also unsurprisingly top cav players meaning they were just complete players and knew how to fight mounted and dismounted wise.
[close]
I only had the top tier cavalry players in my mind since, as you said yourself, there are quite many of them.

don’t want to be the guy only complaining without bringing anything to the table, so I suggest some names that popped in my mind:

prob add some more
Remao [French]
OuRaNos [French]
Blader [German]
Thorvic [Rench]
DeLaBedoyere [French]
Caucasian [Azerbaijan]
Stannis [Scottish]
[close]

Also what is this 72 rating jesus christ, look at some of these people above me
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:48:49 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 03:07:43 pm »
I had some help from a few people who know the broader NW community better than I do, but I wasn't able to add a lot of those cav players because I don't know where they would fit in. Add me on Steam and we can discuss where to put them in. Also, there are not many "Native players" on this list; Maximou and I have both taken part in a fair number of NW tournaments (Maximou more than I) and I have been active in a regiment for a while now. Sure I'm still a "Native player", but I think I've played NW enough to qualify to be on the list.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 03:12:42 pm »
I might not be a sword player, but pretty sure I could trash zappy/shogun  ;D

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2019, 03:18:32 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
You might have misunderstood me.
I don’t disagree with Gibby rating himself 100/100 in his own list - I’ve seen him play once or twice and I’m sure in comparison to the other players on there he makes a very good figure. But in my opinion, the interesting thing about making a NW sword list is to actually rate people who come from NW since sword-fighting on its own has never been a big thing in the nw community (at least not as prominent as bayo or cav) and putting native players on there/the top - which is the most obvious choice since in that module swords have a way more prominent status and therefore the players are overall better - leads in my opinion to this list being very boring.
(I know it’s your list - just my humble opinion)

Spoiler
there atleast a dozen of players which I recall being rather excelent sword players but these players were also unsurprisingly top cav players meaning they were just complete players and knew how to fight mounted and dismounted wise.
[close]
I only had the top tier cavalry players in my mind since, as you said yourself, there are quite many of them.

don’t want to be the guy only complaining without bringing anything to the table, so I suggest some names that popped in my mind:

prob add some more
Remao [French]
OuRaNos [French]
Soartex [French]
Blader [German]
Thorvic [Rench]
DeLaBedoyere [French]
Caucasian [Azerbaijan]
Stannis [Scottish]
[close]

Also what is this 72 rating jesus christ, look at some of these people above me
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Maximou

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 06:17:38 pm »
So Gibby over me, while having won 0 sword duel tourney on NW (i won the last two), and also i add better statistics than you on the finals of the last sword & bayo tourney
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2019, 06:18:55 pm »
The 3v3 will settle this  8)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.