Author Topic: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!  (Read 198940 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!
« Reply #945 on: August 06, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »
I must have been reading the wrong page I think. Either way the point still stands.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #946 on: August 06, 2017, 08:53:36 pm »
Junedragon if you were a donator then you would see these small updates that you constantly complain about not having
His point still has relevance, donator or not

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 06, 2017, 09:25:59 pm »
Not really. He's complaining that there aren't any updates. I've just told him that there are.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 06, 2017, 11:48:01 pm »
Not really. He's complaining that there aren't any updates. I've just told him that there are.
Whether they're helpful or not, snippets of news on the donator board aren't updates, or nearly enough for what FSE has promised. It is undeniable at this point that the community at large has been kept in the dark with BCoF.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 07, 2017, 12:11:02 am »

Yeah my last post was from November 2016 but whatever...

I didnt say there are no updates. I said:

A) There are not enough
B) They are not addressing the target audience
C) They are not making anyone who isn't already aware of the game aware of it
and
D) They are not building hype/excitement at all

War of Rights did all of those things and look what happened, they raised more money from sheer hype in one day than BCoF has in what, 5 years?

Just look at the state of this forum. A solid 75-80% of the people left here don't believe BCoF is coming out full-stop, let alone are excited about its release. NW had an absolutely burgeoning community with huge potential to build it up even more heading into a sequel/follow-up standalone game (would have liked another NW game but the potential was easily still there for the US Civil War).  2 or 3 years of sparse updates, disregarding the existing community almost entirely to "focus on BCoF" rather than nurturing it and keeping it interested, and general shitty policy turning away users (aka customers) and what do we have now? A hollow shell with more interest in War of Rights than the sequel by the dev team that made NW in the first place (and thus held all the cards in the beginning.)

Also, "there are updates like that in the donator board!" is a shitty excuse for equally shitty marketing. Do you pay to watch Nike commercials on television? Do you pay to watch ads on youtube? Do you pay to watch announcement trailers from e3? Hell no, because the whole point is to try to build hype in the game and attract new and prior customers to purchase it. If you want to have some content for donators only as a sneak peak that is also fine. But that doesn't mean you just about wholesale stop all other forms of advertising, community building, outreach, etc. etc.

FSE had a colossal opportunity to press on with a thriving community into BCoF and there is no question about it, they have absolutely blown it with their shitty marketing and godawful community policies/support.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:13:15 am by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 07, 2017, 12:34:26 am »
They actually don't post much in the donor section either

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 07, 2017, 12:49:38 am »
You're right, I don't pay for a Nike commercial. But I also don't complain when there isn't one on the TV. Let them make their game, you're not entitled to anything. You don't know what they're going to do in regards to advertisement. They might have something planned for a later version. It's still in alpha so relax and let them do their thing.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #952 on: August 07, 2017, 12:59:15 am »
He's trying to say the hype is gone, and it seems like no one cares about this game. That's the kind of vibe you get from this team, atleast for me.

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 07, 2017, 01:09:01 am »
He's trying to say the hype is gone, and it seems like no one cares about this game. That's the kind of vibe you get from this team, atleast for me.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 07, 2017, 01:44:17 am »
If they wan't to destroy their reputation as a company, that's up to them. I'll probably still try the game if it comes out. I don't know if I'll have time to play though since I'll probably be 42 years old by then.
xD

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 07, 2017, 02:16:35 am »
You're right, I don't pay for a Nike commercial. But I also don't complain when there isn't one on the TV. Let them make their game, you're not entitled to anything. You don't know what they're going to do in regards to advertisement. They might have something planned for a later version. It's still in alpha so relax and let them do their thing.
They came out with an Alpha in December 2015, and have no date set for the closing of the alpha or opening of the beta. We did let them do their thing

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 07, 2017, 02:27:44 am »
Your point being? They still don't owe you anything.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 07, 2017, 02:33:00 am »
Who cares, even if it does come out nobody is going to play it
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 07, 2017, 02:59:22 am »
My point is that saying "relax and let them do their thing" is a terrible argument, as their target market has done exactly that for literal years and received very spare "updates" since then. They don't owe me anything, true, but each year that they release nothing they increasingly lose business and credibility.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 07, 2017, 03:02:06 am »
My point is that saying "relax and let them do their thing" is a terrible argument, as their target market has done exactly that for literal years and received very spare "updates" since then. They don't owe me anything, true, but each year that they release nothing they increasingly lose business and credibility.
In who's mind? Yours? You act like they live or die by this community. They don't. A game will forge it's own community and, if it's good enough, the players will come. I've seen plenty of indie games on steam which had no prior following, take off.