Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 25866 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2021, 03:15:54 pm »
The 63e did the most with the least. And still achieved more than 99.9% of any regiments. And did it for years.

And no the reason the 63e went to Holdfast wasn’t because we kept getting smacked. It was cause we thought Holdfast would replace NW and had a whole new player base to tap into and get members from (like everyone else thought at the time). We were still doing groupfights and 1v1s even after Holdfast came out for a couple months until we moved fully to Holdfast. Even then I convinced Zen to come back to NW and I got the 45e/Nr4 to join too. We actually had a somewhat competitive lineup for a while.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2021, 05:16:07 pm »
The 63e did the most with the least. And still achieved more than 99.9% of any regiments. And did it for years.

And no the reason the 63e went to Holdfast wasn’t because we kept getting smacked. It was cause we thought Holdfast would replace NW and had a whole new player base to tap into and get members from (like everyone else thought at the time). We were still doing groupfights and 1v1s even after Holdfast came out for a couple months until we moved fully to Holdfast. Even then I convinced Zen to come back to NW and I got the 45e/Nr4 to join too. We actually had a somewhat competitive lineup for a while.
Yeah I don't think having a shaky final year with Karth really changes anything about their legacy... they competed at the top for so long with much weaker players and if they weren't the best at the time they were not far behind at all for 2nd best (besides maybe 2013 where the 12th and 3e were better), their ability to work cohesively as a singular unit in a competetive environment has been unparallelled.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2021, 06:12:47 pm »

I mean, all I remember is 63e going to Holdfast then it came back to NW, got crushed a few times and then left for good.

Yeah I don't think having a shaky final year with Karth really changes anything about their legacy... they competed at the top for so long with much weaker players and if they weren't the best at the time they were not far behind at all for 2nd best (besides maybe 2013 where the 12th and 3e were better), their ability to work cohesively as a singular unit in a competetive environment has been unparallelled.

Yes, 63e was the best regiment/2nd best regiment of 2014-2015, between them and 71st. And was a top 5 regiment of 2016.

3eVolt was the 2nd best regiment of 2013, was a top 5 regiment in 2015, best of 2016, and traded off being 1st/2nd with LG & 6te from 2017-2020.
It's really comparing 3 years of competing to 6, which is my point. If you're talking about a *decade*, 3eVolts the only regiment that's had a competitive impact for the better part of a decade. If 63e had not gone to Holdfast, and continued to be an actual presence in NANW comp, then sure, I could see them having a case.
Leaving doesn't hurt their legacy as a regiment, it's still a top 3 all-time regiment, I just can't understand how it would be considered the best regiment of the decade, when it competed for 3/8 years of NW, as opposed to 3eVolt who competed for 6/8 years.

Imo top 5 for the decade should really be
3eVolt
63e
LG
71st
12th

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2021, 06:34:42 pm »
cool
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2021, 06:50:41 pm »
All the EU's should need is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wF6-_XTwtp7xZio7wyTqGlzoMlrbrkCqQ2XMkYCz-LY/edit#gid=1622017021

Read this. Bit confused.

15thYR:

Golds 9
Silvers 5
Total Top 2: 16

Should that be 14 or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Nice spreadsheet though. Respectable.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2021, 06:56:02 pm »
If this is true, then Rikkert is overrating his own regiment smh.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2021, 07:00:04 pm »

Yes, 63e was the best regiment/2nd best regiment of 2014-2015, between them and 71st. And was a top 5 regiment of 2016.

3eVolt was the 2nd best regiment of 2013, was a top 5 regiment in 2015, best of 2016, and traded off being 1st/2nd with LG & 6te from 2017-2020.
It's really comparing 3 years of competing to 6, which is my point. If you're talking about a *decade*, 3eVolts the only regiment that's had a competitive impact for the better part of a decade. If 63e had not gone to Holdfast, and continued to be an actual presence in NANW comp, then sure, I could see them having a case.
Leaving doesn't hurt their legacy as a regiment, it's still a top 3 all-time regiment, I just can't understand how it would be considered the best regiment of the decade, when it competed for 3/8 years of NW, as opposed to 3eVolt who competed for 6/8 years.

Imo top 5 for the decade should really be
3eVolt
63e
LG
71st
12th
Yeah, you have a good point if you're measuring in years.. it could also be weighed on how much you value the tournament that each regiment won depending on what you value more. For example would you value the 63e's second place in League 1 to the 71st more than the 3e's NWGL win in whichever year it was where the competition was lackluster? I mean yeah the 3e and LG were top regiments of all time but if they're the only two regiments competing against each other than it just seems not as impactful no matter the size of the rivalry, I also don't think it's fair to count reformations under different names the same regiment but that's just imo. It's fine if you value the longevity in the competitive scene the most too it's all opinionated really there's no definite way of saying it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:01:52 pm by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2021, 07:16:15 pm »
All the EU's should need is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wF6-_XTwtp7xZio7wyTqGlzoMlrbrkCqQ2XMkYCz-LY/edit#gid=1622017021

Read this. Bit confused.

15thYR:

Golds 9
Silvers 5
Total Top 2: 16

Should that be 14 or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Nice spreadsheet though. Respectable.
ye probs cuz I copied it from the other spreadsheet which was never double checked. oopsie. Tbf that tab was never used for any list anyways so it is just for flair.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:18:03 pm by Rikkert »

|Viper|

« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2021, 07:50:30 pm »
@Godfreid So are you saying the 3eVolt was better than the 9y? Because obviously the 12th is #1

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2021, 08:13:42 pm »
The 63e was the best regiment in the most competitive era and sustained that level of success for multiple years in the best competitions in the game. 63e also maintained a constant flow of new players and even today a majority of players were once in the 63e. Their impact on the game is 100x more than any other regiment. That’s the main thing to me that sets them apart from the rest.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2021, 09:01:46 pm »
I think there should be a special award for the regs that haven't disbanded like 77y or 33rd etc
Well since that’s not subjective, if you can find the top 3/5 longest lived regiments I’ll include them all as a special prize
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:05:40 pm by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2021, 09:05:21 pm »
77y, 33rd and 18e.

There you go, done ::)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2021, 09:06:11 pm »
77y, 33rd and 18e.

Ah I see we are capping already
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2021, 09:28:59 pm »
77y, 33rd and 18e.