Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 231609 times)

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #585 on: May 05, 2014, 03:44:00 am »
Hopefully there'll be some stuff. Cameras are going to be set up to fill the tourneys, but the quality will probably be poor.

Stills should look better, I'm praying there'll be at least one where I don't look like a gremlin.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #586 on: May 05, 2014, 07:16:53 am »
Hey, I was wondering, given today's standards in reenactment, how bad is elitism and "anti-farb hate" these days? Like, people wearing inaccurate uniforms, or badly made stuff?

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2014, 07:24:28 am »
Bad, very very bad. If caught wearing farby item, will be skinned alive and hanged nearby to scare other farbs away.

Death to Farbs. 

naw jk,  "anti-farb hate"  "elitism"  why put us in the bad group?  We are doing history right, we put on accurate uniform and do accurate thingy we waste our weekend on. Why? Because that's the way it was back then? 

To me, its farbs that are stuck in Elitism. They dont give a toot about historical accuracy and they shit all over us if we put forward a helpful advice. That to me, is where Elitism lies.  So Farb Elitism....how bad is it? SUPER BAD, they're everwhere, literally.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #588 on: May 05, 2014, 07:51:52 pm »
Well I'm tired out, probably smell awful and there's a bit of skin opened up in a nasty looking way on one wrist from a sword hit that went awry.

Good show though, and the public were mostly on good form and didn't cause much trouble (those kids, though. Christ.)

Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 05, 2014, 09:31:01 pm »
To me, its farbs that are stuck in Elitism. They dont give a toot about historical accuracy and they shit all over us if we put forward a helpful advice. That to me, is where Elitism lies.  So Farb Elitism....how bad is it? SUPER BAD, they're everwhere, literally.

+1

Especially true in Napoleonic re-enactment. Comment on accuracy of a farb one time and you'll be ridiculed by his entire group.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #590 on: May 05, 2014, 09:44:47 pm »
Eh. I've seen it go both ways. Most of the time I get trouble from mainstreamers who bitch about us stitch counters make an off the cuff remark about how they're missing the proper buckle or they're using the wrong pants.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
Clearly, you know, you haven't post a single photo of you in uniform. This is unacceptable  :P

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #592 on: May 05, 2014, 09:51:00 pm »
I refuse to post pictures of myself on this forum. Last time I did ended in disaster. :P

Just imagine a dude in a typical union uniform with a  bit of tisle in his cap, that's me.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 05, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »
Last time I did ended in disaster.

Wut?

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 05, 2014, 10:44:47 pm »
let safely assume clearly is a farb and thus, we must skin him alive and ban him.

naw jk jk. Clearly post it here now. Dat 'n ordah raght thar! 

Btw, Mainstreamers bitching about stitch nazis telling them off for wearing wrong pant? Well then think about, why are you wearing wrong pant in first place?  if it is wrong, its wrong.

I do admit, there are some sttich nazis will go up to your face and say "jesus you fat farb, come back when you get a better pant."  But that's a minority in this community, shitton of progressive reenactors or "stitich nazis" i know generally keep it to themselves and always happy to share their advice and help you out upon request.

Honestly, i find reenacting experience the best with progressive. There is more younger adult doing progressive nowaday, My progressive german unit majority are 17-19. With a 34ish years old man leading us. Oh one is 21. We all have a blast together and always discussing about how to improve our unit attitude and making plans for next event. Its a joyride for me so far.  My experience in mainstream unit is ok, great time yes, but historically? no. I generally find myself stuck in row of A frame tent with pards 30 years older than me and napping.  While over yonder the camp, lies a campaigner unit with couple guys my age and tons of young adults constructing wooden cabin for winter quarter and making sentry post, cooking their rations, singing songs of the ladies back home, and writing or reading the good book of our lord almighty who he watch over us with popcorns.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 05, 2014, 11:36:05 pm »
While over yonder the camp, lies a campaigner unit with couple guys my age and tons of young adults constructing wooden cabin for winter quarter and making sentry post, cooking their rations, singing songs of the ladies back home, and writing or reading the good book of our lord almighty who he watch over us with popcorns.

I'm jealous.

Offline Barraclough

• Major
  • melee is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 06, 2014, 12:04:28 am »
What's the admiration and popularity of people re-enacting the Wehrmacht (and other parts of the Nazi Germany military branches)?
I've never understood why you would want to dress up as a weapon of Hitler. (And why is it also almost only NA's that do it?)
The reg with the best memes by far. Not even a contest. Also decent at shooting I guess.
The best reg in the world apparently

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 06, 2014, 12:10:19 am »
not this topic again.....
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Barraclough

• Major
  • melee is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 06, 2014, 12:11:56 am »
If there exist a discussion already on this topic could you be so kind to provide it?

(I have already read the Landrik vs Duuring thing but didn't really offer that much of a conclusive response)
The reg with the best memes by far. Not even a contest. Also decent at shooting I guess.
The best reg in the world apparently

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 06, 2014, 12:14:10 am »
Americans simply did not experience WW2 as Europe. They don't see them as the beacon of evil, simply because there were no Razzias, fire squads and death camps in the USA. There are no 'he, I lost a grandpa in the resistance/deathcamp/random execution'. It's not there. They look to the 2nd World War trough different glasses. Knowing about evil is very different about having personal links with that evil.

There's a distinct difference between Wehrmacht and SS-units though. Sorry Petschie, but SS-guys, especially those in Europe, are usually the excuse-makers. 'It wasn't so bad'. 'It's really overdone'. 'Allies killed people too'. 'Hitler did a lot of good stuff as well.' Etc. I'm sorry, but when you're defending a regime that systemically killed millions simply because of who they were, I don't care if you do SS, Wehrmacht, Allied, Napoleonic, Medieval or Romans - You're stupid, ignorant and a disgrace.

I've had a guy of 16 that intends to do Luftwaffe field division telling me that you really can't blame Nazi's for what they did cos 'They were human' and 'humans kill people'. Oh, and the most favorite excuse ever; 'THE USA BOMBED GERMANY TOO!'. Seriously guys, if anyone of you ever comes up with excuse, feel free to never talk to me again.

not this topic again.....

I'm sorry that I annoy you with the horror-side of WW2 that my nation and my family personally experienced.