Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 233121 times)

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #435 on: April 15, 2014, 04:10:10 pm »
Well this turned out different than I thought.

I was initially planning on not going to Hoogstraten because of my finals (which are on the 12th of may, a week after the event), but I made up my mind. I got two weeks off next from next week on and I plan to study like nobody ever did before during those two weeks so I can go to Hoogstraten. Funny thing is, my parents actually suggested this plan to me, first time ever they didn't force me to study 24/7 :P
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »
Your parents are smart, its a reward thing; If you study 24/7 right now, you will be allowed to go.

So better start studying and study well, and your efford will be rewarded.

10/10 points for parents.  ;D

Duuring should come too.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:31 pm »
I can not. I can no longer rent a horse, that's too late. It's also extremely expensive for this event.

Besides, if I go as infantry, I will fuck up my studying due to post-phoning habits. I'd just post-phone everything to the last week, fuck up and fail my exams, and I'm just not gonna do that. I'm gonna enjoy my holidays, study relaxed and without pressure and ace dat fucking examns. I have miss one big event? Well, so be it. I love re-enactment, but I kinda would like to get to University too. To which, btw, I just got accepted.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2014, 04:41:46 pm »
Oh you're one of those. Well, though I have that habit with homework and essayes, for some reason I don't have it with studying for exams and tests.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #439 on: April 15, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »
I can not. I can no longer rent a horse, that's too late. It's also extremely expensive for this event.

Besides, if I go as infantry, I will fuck up my studying due to post-phoning habits. I'd just post-phone everything to the last week, fuck up and fail my exams, and I'm just not gonna do that. I'm gonna enjoy my holidays, study relaxed and without pressure and ace dat fucking examns. I have miss one big event? Well, so be it. I love re-enactment, but I kinda would like to get to University too. To which, btw, I just got accepted.

Yay which one?

Lol I got into 9 I can't deside
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #440 on: April 15, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »
Nice, Duuring. Hope you got your first choice or however it works over there.

Both of you: Go to the best place you can. I went to a crap Uni because it was convenient and have spent the last three years with borderline depression.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #441 on: April 15, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »
I'm going to the University of East Anglia hopefully. I have 3 exams for my final year, 2 before any events in May, then I have two very close to each other, Hunton Court on 24th/25th which is the weekend after breaking up for another half term, then I'm going to Montmirail the week after. I have an exam 4 days after we get back from Montmirail, so I'm hoping it will be enough time to finalize revision.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 15, 2014, 10:51:57 pm »
Yay which one?

Lol I got into 9 I can't deside
Nice, Duuring. Hope you got your first choice or however it works over there.

Both of you: Go to the best place you can. I went to a crap Uni because it was convenient and have spent the last three years with borderline depression.

I signed up for Political Science at the Radboud University in Nijmegen (East Netherlands). My signing up procedure was as following; Sign up via site. Receive link to 15 minutes test. Fill in your grades and some simple questions why you want to do the study. Send. Get accepted two days later.

At least, I think I got accepted. Bit unclear. It can take on enough students so there's no entering lottery or shit. They just look at your grades and your motivation real quick and DONE. #DutchEducation

Radboud University is great. Nijmegen is great. It's gonna be great. Nijmegen, that lays next to the River Waal, has the nickname 'Havanna on the Waal'. The party rules the city, my comrades!

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 16, 2014, 02:32:07 am »
Jesus Christ.  Im moving to Netherland.

In the US, enroll online, do essay shit or video shit about why you are so goddamn special, then pay 50 or 60 bucks for the process, then rejected.

Fucking hell i paid to get rejected.

(not really, havent signed up yet hehehe but come on, isnt that logic stupid? You're paying to be rejected)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #444 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:40 am »
Ah free education... why don't we have that here?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 16, 2014, 05:08:52 am »
McEwan and I could go to the same school next year!
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:29 am »
Its a shame that you can not study military history anywhere, but in the military. Which means that if I want to study military history, I would have to sign up for a career at the military which would force me to work there for like 12 years.. No thanks.

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:10 am »
Its a shame that you can not study military history anywhere, but in the military. Which means that if I want to study military history, I would have to sign up for a career at the military which would force me to work there for like 12 years.. No thanks.
My first degree was called "War and Society", basically military history, and my masters was pure military history by research. They're becoming more popular over here in the uk. You just have to search for things like "War Studies" instead of Military History
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:50 am »

but you can. In Potsdam you can study military history or sth wich is called a bit different

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2014, 12:02:46 pm »
Here we call it Krijgsgeschiedenis. Either via Militairy School or after doing History. And history study is just Nawh. Hell Nawh.