Poll

What would you like to see in the NA community?

No changes
27 (17.9%)
Stricter rules on Groupfighting Servers (like EU) and a lot of people competing in competitive tournaments
102 (67.5%)
Other changes (post what)
22 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: Changes in the NA community?  (Read 28583 times)

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Changes in the NA community?
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:18:06 am »
Personally, and I am not alone here, I have noticed that the NA community has shrunk and lots of people are leaving. I know various reasons, most are related to boredom or the NA community being bad. I myself, feel bored a lot too and am annoyed by many things in the NA community. Dragging this game down for me are these factors:
  • Most regiments stick to their usual routines of playing in events that involve multiple other regiments, instead of playing another regiment 1 on 1 or participating in tournaments (Groupfighting, Duels, Regimental Leagues etc.)
  • The Groupfighting Servers allow for trolling and other things that differ from the originial EU format (Sailors allowed, Duels at the end allowed, tolerance of teamkilling, fistcuffing and otherwise trollish behaviour)
  • Due to the points above: Many good players quitting the game
Now I know that some people want NA to be as it is, more relaxed and people having fun by trashtalking, teamkilling and other things that in the EU community would be mostly considered trolling.

My question here however is, how many of you really do like the NA community as it is? Do you feel the same as I do? What changes would you like to see? I sincerely want to hear reasons too. If you say something, tell me why.

I would like to see the points above changed. I want to play on a GF server, which enforces rules as strictly as the EU side. I want to see as many regiments as possible partake in tournaments and competitive play.

Anyways, let me hear your opinions. If you do not like participating in tournaments or do not want any of the changes above, please tell me why, because I do not understand it at all. What is so bad about losing at a game?! We are all playing this game to have fun and M&B is primarily a melee game, so I do not see the fun in playing in a multi-regimental linebattle and just shooting (shooting is random and not really skill based (EXCEPT IF YOU ARE THE 92nd! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!)). It is fun to do formations and shoot, but only doing that does not ensure a balanced gameplay experience. The mix is what counts and that involves melee, which regiments can improve and start to like by joining tournaments and servers focused on melee.

Sincerely,
JackieChan
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:28:55 am by JackieChan »

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Changes in the NA community?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:28:17 am »
Well, nobody couldt explained better than Jackie,

I have left the community for some of those reasons (ALL).

But lets be honest, NA community needs to be more organized, more competition, its just a game, so give it a shot.

Also in GF servers, more strict rules, because trolls just kill the community.

Cheers,
Zzehth
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 06:44:53 am »
Yea. I agree, it is very very sad how the NA community has become, that competitiveness is hardly there anymore in terms of 1v1s, I wish a lot more regiments signed up for the damn league, who cares if you lose, it's a game and it's fun and it's good training.  Regiment leaders and regiments should be more open with the rest of the NA community, instead of these cliques, try going to another event once in a while or do a 1v1 on a free day, it doesn't hurt.  The trolls part... It's unbelievable how many trolls there are and they do ruin the game, so that needs to be fixed.  I would suggest some sort of conference or something on a ts or steam with all the NA regiment leaders to go over some of the issues and any ideas or to just settle differences between each other in terms if hostility and stuff. Again idk... Just hope it changes for the good.

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:11 am »
Yea. I agree, it is very very sad how the NA community has become, that competitiveness is hardly there anymore in terms of 1v1s, I wish a lot more regiments signed up for the damn league, who cares if you lose, it's a game and it's fun and it's good training.  Regiment leaders and regiments should be more open with the rest of the NA community, instead of these cliques, try going to another event once in a while or do a 1v1 on a free day, it doesn't hurt.  The trolls part... It's unbelievable how many trolls there are and they do ruin the game, so that needs to be fixed.  I would suggest some sort of conference or something on a ts or steam with all the NA regiment leaders to go over some of the issues and any ideas or to just settle differences between each other in terms if hostility and stuff. Again idk... Just hope it changes for the good.

Karth, you spoke the truth.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is just a game, nobody really cares if you lose or win, if you are best or you are worst.. The point is to have a better community, more competition, establishing a good environment in GF servers and linebattles, but it is always the same thing.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:21 am »
But lets be honest, NA community needs to be more organized, more competition, its just a game, so give it a shot.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

This was one main reason I entered the 27th in the NANWL. I know good and well we aren't best NA, but I enjoy the competitive factor. (Friendly competition that is, not when somebody gets beaten and then just gets buttflustered over it.) I think friendly competition such as this brings a lot of the regiments closer and creates a closer knit community, and I'm glad to see the birth of the NANWL and the rise of more tournaments like the Regimental Groupfighting tourney.

Personally, I don't play very often on GF servers, just watch over the 7NA Groopfootin from time to time, so I won't say much as to rules specific to groupfighting, but I think the NA community as a whole needs to be cleaned up. Way too many trolls and troll regiments out there now, the likes of which you never saw in MM. But really what can you do? Tell somebody that they can't participate in the community or play the game because they take the game very loosely? That's not really going to work for you either. I would still like to see it cleaned up somehow.

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:38 am »
Agreed. Having all the leaders meet will not happen though. Instead I am hoping they will check this thread out and voice their opinion just like you have. So feel free to message this to other leaders. I want to hear the people who influence the community the most. Naturally all other opinions are valued too. Yet those with the power to change things are the leaders of regiments and hosters of servers.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 06:54:44 am »
l really like the community, but I would like to see some more big community events! :)
Pointy stick champion

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 06:56:05 am »

Yeah, that about sums it up.

This was one main reason I entered the 27th in the NANWL. I know good and well we aren't best NA, but I enjoy the competitive factor. (Friendly competition that is, not when somebody gets beaten and then just gets buttflustered over it.) I think friendly competition such as this brings a lot of the regiments closer and creates a closer knit community, and I'm glad to see the birth of the NANWL and the rise of more tournaments like the Regimental Groupfighting tourney.

Personally, I don't play very often on GF servers, just watch over the 7NA Groopfootin from time to time, so I won't say much as to rules specific to groupfighting, but I think the NA community as a whole needs to be cleaned up. Way too many trolls and troll regiments out there now, the likes of which you never saw in MM. But really what can you do? Tell somebody that they can't participate in the community or play the game because they take the game very loosely? That's not really going to work for you either. I would still like to see it cleaned up somehow.
Glad to hear that the tournaments appeal to some at least. :)

As for your questions at the end. It is simple. Private servers can have their own rules. In EU trolls or people who did not follow the rules were asked to respect to rules or leave (or get banned). If people do not like the rules on a privately run Groupfighting Server or any other server, they should not be there. The server should not change, but the people should change onto another server. Those who do enjoy the rules should be those whom we should try to please. There are enough servers for those wanting to troll to hang out on. They can even host their own or simply go on the official servers. It is a lot more fun to play in a semi-serious atmosphere with challenges, than being allowed to troll and then having no challenge. I personally do not enjoy slaughtering fist-cuffers or waiting for people at the end of a round to finish their duel. I want to be outnumbered and face the challenge, I want to play other players who try to practice their Groupfighting. EU managed to pull this off, NA can too.

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 06:58:21 am »
l really like the community, but I would like to see some more big community events! :)
That's another thing. No offense, but I have never heard of your regiment. Why? Because, most regiments tend to stick to their own circles, just as Karth said. Regiments should put more of an effort into playing with new regiments and in new environments. So for instance for you guys. Do check out the Events threads and perhaps sign up for some linebattles with other regiments or even tournaments. :)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 07:00:22 am »
Ones entire outlook depends on their part of the community. Around part of the community in which the officers here have posted it varies from other parts of the NA community. For example in say the communities that attend the hardcore linebattles such as The Prussian Army, Reddit Brigade and IX corps our communities have never been stronger.

Most regiments stick to their usual routines of playing in events that involve multiple other regiments, instead of played another regiment 1 on 1 or participating in tournaments (Groupfighting, Duels, Regimental Leagues etc.)
I think this has been done in the same ratio than it has always been. I believe Tico just recently hosted a successful tournament with a large amount of regiments. There have bene many opritunities for tournements and 1v1 events and the people who wish to go to them have and the people who dont want to haven't.

The Groupfighting Servers allow for trolling and other things that differ from the originial EU format (Sailors allowed, Duels at the end allowed, tolerance of teamkilling, fistcuffing and otherwise trollish behaviour

This is something I agree with you on. The main groupfighting server which is hosted by the 7NA seems to attract most of the trollish characters of the community and from my experience I see it go unchecked.

Due to the points above: Many good players quitting the game

This is something that has happened gradually seance MM. Yes people leave the game however more people come intot o fill vacant ranks. Regarding the community getting smaller I disagree. I still see the same amount of linebattles in the same numbers.

I am not very good at wall of text posts but I hope your getting what im laying down.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 07:01:34 am »
Normal Day in a NA GF server.

Round starts.

Teamkilling, shooting, teamwounding.

Middle of the round.

People delaying, fist fighting, shooting, people spectating the duel ( Its a GF server, face the enemy being outnumbered) you can actually improve your skills.

Round Ends.

10 people mad because of the trolls.

Again,, Again and Again,, all rounds are the same.

Maybe we can host a NEW GF server, with different name, a fresh new server.. maybe: GroupFighting_NA.
New admins, ofc people that is capable.
New rules: No fist fighting, no teamkilling, no delaying, no swords, no sailors, no duels... etc etc..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:05:39 am by Zzehth »

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 07:01:51 am »
That's another thing. No offense, but I have never heard of your regiment. Why? Because, most regiments tend to stick to their own circles, just as Karth said. Regiments should put more of an effort into playing with new regiments and in new environments. So for instance for you guys. Do check out the Events threads and perhaps sign up for some linebattles with other regiments or even tournaments. :)

Well, there are really two different NA communities, since our part of the community (Prussian army, Reddit, IXe Corps) likes to fight in double ranks, it kinda cuts us off from the rest of the regiments that likke to fight in single :/.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 07:02:10 am »

As for your questions at the end. It is simple. Private servers can have their own rules. In EU trolls or people who did not follow the rules were asked to respect to rules or leave (or get banned). If people do not like the rules on a privately run Groupfighting Server or any other server, they should not be there. The server should not change, but the people should change onto another server. Those who do enjoy the rules should be those whom we should try to please. There are enough servers for those wanting to troll to hang out on. They can even host their own or simply go on the official servers. It is a lot more fun to play in a semi-serious atmosphere with challenges, than being allowed to troll and then having no challenge. I personally do not enjoy slaughtering fist-cuffers or waiting for people at the end of a round to finish their duel. I want to be outnumbered and face the challenge, I want to play other players who try to practice their Groupfighting. EU managed to pull this off, NA can too.

If it can be done, and I admit at this point I'm a bit skeptical, but optimistic, then I say let's get to it shall we?

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 07:03:22 am »

Well, there are really two different NA communities, since our part of the community (Prussian army, Reddit, IXe Corps) likes to fight in double ranks, it kinda cuts us off from the rest of the regiments that likke to fight in single :/.

Perhaps a solution could be to raise the amount of players you need for a double rank to say...15-16? Smaller regiments who wanted to fight in single or double rank could do so, and those who didn't wouldn't have to.

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 07:06:50 am »
Maybe we can host a NEW GF server, with different name, a fresh new server.. maybe: GroupFighting_NA.
New admins, ofc people that is capable.
New rules: No fist fighting, no teamkilling, no delaying, no swords, no sailors, no duels... etc etc..

Rule brreakers, simple,,, ban.

Sorry for my bad english