Author Topic: Reenactment Discussion  (Read 304458 times)

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Reenactment Discussion
« Reply #3465 on: March 21, 2014, 12:09:42 am »
t is all historical but just mixed up.

So it's not historical.

Pretty much every french unit uses those backpacks

"Everybody is wrong, so we get to be wrong!"

Plez explain further, we use the packs, atleast here, as they are the only one available

First, just to have a check, what period does the 21eme portray? Campaign/years?
Its all historical. You are just being the picky little shite you always are. Everyone is wrong apart from you.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3466 on: March 21, 2014, 12:12:09 am »
Ohh, devout, and could I plse *begs* get a pick of the shako cover stuff , I buy you drink in Aussie bar ja

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 21, 2014, 12:13:09 am »
Ohh, devout, and could I plse *begs* get a pick of the shako cover stuff , I buy you drink in Aussie bar ja
Yeh i will try get a pick for you tomorrow

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #3468 on: March 21, 2014, 12:15:37 am »
I should probably get a shako cover from somewhere

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 21, 2014, 12:16:46 am »
I should probably get a shako cover from somewhere
Get it from our really historical members

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 21, 2014, 12:17:17 am »
Its all historical. You are just being the picky little shite you always are. Everyone is wrong apart from you

Well...

We over here portray 1812-1815, my detachment does 1815 as per the UK

You see, that's impossible. Nobody wore Bardin uniforms in Russia. Nobody. It's probable that no Bardin uniforms were even issued until mid 1813 and the first to get them were new units with no depots, like the Garde Nationale. All the main sources (e.g. Roussellot, Rigo, Bocquoy) agree on this point.

The first time the Bardin uniforms were universally issued was before the Waterloo campaign, in which there were barely any imperial insignia worn. Certainly not 1812 flags and eagle shako plates. Soldiers weren't allowed to modify their uniforms on their own accord - Having an item that was not according to regulations (And Royalist or not, regulations are regulations) got you into the guard house. In the few months that Napoleon had between returning (Which happened to be today, 199 years back! Hurrah!) and mobilizing less then three months later, getting new stuff was really not high priority in near-broke France.

If you want to take a swing at me or my unit, go ahead. I will not, however, stand for blatant and repetitive insulting of the NAN. People work hard and spend days and hours working on that organization.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 21, 2014, 12:20:43 am »
No ones insulting ya Nan, sure she's a lovley woman

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Cm6rI9Zik[/youtube]

If you want to take a swing at me or my unit, go ahead. I will not, however, stand for blatant and repetitive insulting of the NAN. People work hard and spend days and hours working on that organization.

And we won't have insulting of 21eme, people work hard and spend days and hours working on our uniforms and events.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dY4nTuIQdM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:25:01 am by Mr T »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 21, 2014, 12:26:36 am »
But guess what? Davout started it. I had no wish to insult anyone of you, but Davout insisted on doing it and continuing it.

And now, every time you wear your uniform, you realize 'Fuck, we're not historical'. You're welcome.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 21, 2014, 12:27:29 am »
hehe, plse give as many sources as you can, time to annoy and destroy 21eme Victorian high command *evil laugh*

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 21, 2014, 12:28:37 am »
And now, every time you wear your uniform, you realize 'Fuck, we're not historical'. You're welcome.

Laike we give a chuffing fanny

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 21, 2014, 12:30:06 am »
^ huehuehue

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 21, 2014, 12:30:35 am »
Paul Lindsay Dawson. He got all the shit. Plus, he takes pleasure at showing re-enactmentgroups how they are incredibly unhistorical. Maybe a bit too much, but for someone who does that many research yet keeps being ignored by people who refuse to listen to him, it's kinda understandable. He's arguably among the best (as in, most historical) Napoleonic re-enactors.

Laike we give a chuffing fanny

Dat Re-enactors. "We not historical? We not caaaaaaaaaaaaaaare". Guess that shows what the 21eme is made off.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 21, 2014, 12:32:00 am »
That's taking it far grrrrr, that's it, Mr T , Davout, wanna tie him to a tree next year?

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: March 21, 2014, 12:33:53 am »
That's taking it far grrrrr, that's it, Mr T , Davout, wanna tie him to a tree next year?
Fucking stab his pony

But guess what? Davout started it. I had no wish to insult anyone of you, but Davout insisted on doing it and continuing it.

We dont give a flying fuck what we look like. We are probably the most well dressed and well drilled unit in the UK.

No bollocks NAN needs to learn from us Brits

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 21, 2014, 12:35:16 am »
Oh well, here I was, thinking that Re-enactment was about being historical instead of looking cool.