Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281408 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2880 on: April 29, 2019, 07:34:36 pm »
Spoiler
really wanted the night king to speak and not just be a generic bad guy.. or at least do one more flashback to give him some back story. All we know is the children created him and now he just wants to turn everyone into zombies? I know GRR doesn't like generic badguys but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean this

and yeah, my friends and I were joking that the A-Team needs to chill with their plot armor. Ridiculous that so many lived
[close]

Spoiler
also, rip azor ahai that's been built up for the    E N T I R E    S H O W
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 29, 2019, 07:56:33 pm »
Spoiler
Am I the only one who is just pissed at how the boys handled the siege?
We have a row of spikes, a wall and other things to make choke-points against our numerically superior foe. Let's have our most elite force STAND IN FRONT OF IT AND DIE by getting overrun whilst we are outnumbered 1000 to 1??? If they had gone behind their spikes from the start, the walkers would've piled onto the spikes and made their little bridges. Yes,they would still have to fight a lot of choke-points. But, this would be better than fighting a sea of enemies in the open, when you can barely see the enemy coming. The walkers would then also be in range for the archers on the walls. And with the unsullied armed with spears they could hold them off for much longer than whatever the fuck that was.
But first, let's have our dothraki boys yolo into our enemy to add to their numbers because we weren't outnumbered enough already.
And oh yeah. Let's put our trebuchets in front of the boys and USE THEM ONCE :)

Then the actual battle is just really close up shots so you can barely see what is happening, which GoT has done before. I suppose it shows how chaotic a battle is, but on the other hand you have no real clue what is going on and it makes for very conflicting scenes.
In one shot you see 500 walkers charging at someone, and in the next shot that person chops down 3 and is fine. Where did those other 497 wights go?
You know there is an endless horde of dead cunts coming, but sammyboy gets knocked down 100x and then somehow has time to get up and run his fat ass inside. Did those thousands of wights just decide to give him a head start or something.
I know it doesn't matter in the end because the result of the fight would still be the same, with the Night King dying and all that, but the whole battle was just very disappointing and unenjoyable for me.

Also feel like a lot more main characters should've died.
Feels very convenient that Brienne Pod Jaime Tormund Gendry somehow were the only survivors of the front lines.
Daenerys landing her fucking dragon???
Jorah coming out of fucking nowhere when he was last seen on the front line??
This stuff doesn't bother me that much normally, but it does when it happens a million times in one episode.

Idk, this was one of the worst episodes imo.
[close]

yes yes yes. couldn't agree more. I didn't mind the ending though.

Spoiler
Also, sure lots of built up for NK but I mean here are scenarios:
1. he dies and his army dies
2. he beats all of them and wins, rules westros

sure maybe a combination of something else/other factors, but that is basically what we are looking at here. He dies and heroes win or NK just wins. So which would you really like? yeah lots of built up to just die but GoT has done this before and if he doesn't die then he just wins. Cersei would lose to him in the long run
[close]

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:10 pm »
I've wasted 8 years investing myself in this show. That was fucking insulting.

yecgga

« Reply #2883 on: April 29, 2019, 09:02:45 pm »
Spoiler
night king will come back as theon greyjoy
[close]

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 29, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »
For anyone not interested in watching the rest of this boring, predictable and le epic subversive show:

***ENDING SPOILERS***
[close]

thank me later

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #2885 on: April 30, 2019, 12:13:28 am »
The cripts skeletons will rise up, fuck up the women and children,

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 30, 2019, 12:59:48 am »
I predict Bronn to go ahead with the crossbow assassination attempt on Jaime and Tyrion although he may pull out, he won’t kill jaime but he could kill Tyrion in which case he’ll die in the arms of pod or the roles will be reversed and pod will die taking the bolt for Tyrion or alternatively Bronn goes ahead with it and is killed by Pod and he’s like fuck me matey boy you’re a decent fighter with a Hugh mungus
Pods like Hugh mungus singing voice

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2887 on: April 30, 2019, 01:01:25 am »
The cripts skeletons will rise up, fuck up the women and children,
wow I can’t believe you were able to predict that!
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #2888 on: April 30, 2019, 07:56:29 am »
Spoiler
We have a row of spikes, a wall and other things to make choke-points against our numerically superior foe. Let's have our most elite force STAND IN FRONT OF IT AND DIE by getting overrun whilst we are outnumbered 1000 to 1??? If they had gone behind their spikes from the start, the walkers would've piled onto the spikes and made their little bridges. Yes,they would still have to fight a lot of choke-points. But, this would be better than fighting a sea of enemies in the open, when you can barely see the enemy coming. The walkers would then also be in range for the archers on the walls. And with the unsullied armed with spears they could hold them off for much longer than whatever the fuck that was.
But first, let's have our dothraki boys yolo into our enemy to add to their numbers because we weren't outnumbered enough already.

Then the actual battle is just really close up shots so you can barely see what is happening, which GoT has done before. I suppose it shows how chaotic a battle is, but on the other hand you have no real clue what is going on and it makes for very conflicting scenes.
In one shot you see 500 walkers charging at someone, and in the next shot that person chops down 3 and is fine. Where did those other 497 wights go?
You know there is an endless horde of dead cunts coming, but sammyboy gets knocked down 100x and then somehow has time to get up and run his fat ass inside. Did those thousands of wights just decide to give him a head start or something.
I know it doesn't matter in the end because the result of the fight would still be the same, with the Night King dying and all that, but the whole battle was just very disappointing and unenjoyable for me.

Feels very convenient that Brienne Pod Jaime Tormund Gendry somehow were the only survivors of the front lines.
This stuff doesn't bother me that much normally, but it does when it happens a million times in one episode.

[close]

Absolutely agree with you

Spoiler
That Dothraki charge and even their battle position was just a big joke but in my opinion it was Dothraki who decided to charge since I didnt hear a single command they were just horny for a fight. Snow surrounded by thousands of night walkers yet he manage to S key out of them smashing his sword thousand times. With that stamina he would have won all the Olympic games. Main characters being pinned down and being eaten alive by walkers yet at the end they survive? Death dragon who splits fire like nothing yet when he sees Snow standing right infront of him he takes his time? Daen with Drogon staying in middle of walkers letting them climb up on the dragon? Death dragon using fire against Daen the unburnt and another dragon? From all the ppl there defending the castle they managed to have just 50 archers?

As you said GoT was never about some heroic bullshit. Everyone could die immediately. If they didnt fuck up the battle tactic they didnt have to make it that heroic. As for unsullied I didnt think that they would hold even against death, however why the fuck would you let your most loyal and elite units to die like that?

The story was actually good but the battle...

I could have been mistaken with some things I wrote above so please if you have any ideas let me know.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:02:16 am by Kulouš »

Offline ClaSh

• French Pioneer
  • Colonel
  • Opinionated but I'm always spitting straight facts
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Nr.24] hachiman
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2889 on: April 30, 2019, 10:10:46 am »
Spoiler
Ned, the Red Wedding, and so on already happened so what is the poing of killing more main characters except doing some stupid fan service
[close]

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #2890 on: April 30, 2019, 10:16:21 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Absolutely agree with you

Spoiler
That Dothraki charge and even their battle position was just a big joke but in my opinion it was Dothraki who decided to charge since I didnt hear a single command they were just horny for a fight. Snow surrounded by thousands of night walkers yet he manage to S key out of them smashing his sword thousand times. With that stamina he would have won all the Olympic games. Main characters being pinned down and being eaten alive by walkers yet at the end they survive? Death dragon who splits fire like nothing yet when he sees Snow standing right infront of him he takes his time? Daen with Drogon staying in middle of walkers letting them climb up on the dragon? Death dragon using fire against Daen the unburnt and another dragon? From all the ppl there defending the castle they managed to have just 50 archers?

As you said GoT was never about some heroic bullshit. Everyone could die immediately. If they didnt fuck up the battle tactic they didnt have to make it that heroic. As for unsullied I didnt think that they would hold even against death, however why the fuck would you let your most loyal and elite units to die like that?

The story was actually good but the battle...

I could have been mistaken with some things I wrote above so please if you have any ideas let me know.
[close]
I said the same this morning.

Spoiler
There were also so many times that a main character e.g. Jon, Theon or Jorah were surrounded by 10's of walkers then when it cuts back after another scene between the majority of them have magically gone missing so they can survive a bit longer. Good ideas but poorly executed for the most part.
[close]
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #2891 on: May 01, 2019, 03:47:17 pm »
Spoiler
What's more fireproof? A giant magic wall of ice, or five stones stacked on top of each other with Jon behind them?
[close]
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #2892 on: May 01, 2019, 06:26:09 pm »
Spoiler
How did the fuck so many survive when the white walkers initial charge appeared to be a fucking tidal wave with Wights literally standing on each other like who could fucking combat that
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2893 on: May 01, 2019, 09:31:23 pm »
Plot magic, thats how.

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: May 01, 2019, 09:37:17 pm »
Will Daario come back next episode to replenish army and create love life drama/end incest drama?

Spoiler
[close]