Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281414 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2865 on: April 29, 2019, 06:39:22 am »
Spoiler
so who the fuck is actually dead?

Jorah, Ed and Theon = deaf af

anyone else bite it that I'm forgetting?

Sam really should have died like holy fuck, the man was on the ground 4 times at least
Also convenient how every commoner dies and its just 15 main characters and a dragon who survive

Overall super good episode, the sudden Arya KO of the Night King caught me off-guard big time
[close]

Spoiler
Barik and red woman too. oh and little bear
[close]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:21:14 am by Risk_ »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2866 on: April 29, 2019, 08:19:13 am »
Well I certaintly didn't see that one coming. Hot damn!

Great episode. Holds up with the quality we expect from the battles.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 29, 2019, 01:13:49 pm »
Initally Game of Thrones was about you know mortal beings now somehow everybody turned into immortal super heroes.
The writing has become so incredibly generic it's boring, also I guess the prohepcy was bullshit since no prince got them out of the long night.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:18:05 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 29, 2019, 01:20:01 pm »
Spoiler
Am I the only one who is just pissed at how the boys handled the siege?
We have a row of spikes, a wall and other things to make choke-points against our numerically superior foe. Let's have our most elite force STAND IN FRONT OF IT AND DIE by getting overrun whilst we are outnumbered 1000 to 1??? If they had gone behind their spikes from the start, the walkers would've piled onto the spikes and made their little bridges. Yes,they would still have to fight a lot of choke-points. But, this would be better than fighting a sea of enemies in the open, when you can barely see the enemy coming. The walkers would then also be in range for the archers on the walls. And with the unsullied armed with spears they could hold them off for much longer than whatever the fuck that was.
But first, let's have our dothraki boys yolo into our enemy to add to their numbers because we weren't outnumbered enough already.
And oh yeah. Let's put our trebuchets in front of the boys and USE THEM ONCE :)

Then the actual battle is just really close up shots so you can barely see what is happening, which GoT has done before. I suppose it shows how chaotic a battle is, but on the other hand you have no real clue what is going on and it makes for very conflicting scenes.
In one shot you see 500 walkers charging at someone, and in the next shot that person chops down 3 and is fine. Where did those other 497 wights go?
You know there is an endless horde of dead cunts coming, but sammyboy gets knocked down 100x and then somehow has time to get up and run his fat ass inside. Did those thousands of wights just decide to give him a head start or something.
I know it doesn't matter in the end because the result of the fight would still be the same, with the Night King dying and all that, but the whole battle was just very disappointing and unenjoyable for me.

Also feel like a lot more main characters should've died.
Feels very convenient that Brienne Pod Jaime Tormund Gendry somehow were the only survivors of the front lines.
Daenerys landing her fucking dragon???
Jorah coming out of fucking nowhere when he was last seen on the front line??
This stuff doesn't bother me that much normally, but it does when it happens a million times in one episode.

Idk, this was one of the worst episodes imo.
[close]

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 29, 2019, 01:30:53 pm »
Game of thrones was proposed as a red pill to government but has ended as a feminist love letter to the Normie masses.

They are trying to make a "epic" (in American) / "cheesy" ( any other country) visual story.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 29, 2019, 01:44:04 pm »
Spoiler
We have a row of spikes, a wall and other things to make choke-points against our numerically superior foe. Let's have our most elite force STAND IN FRONT OF IT AND DIE by getting overrun whilst we are outnumbered 1000 to 1??? If they had gone behind their spikes from the start, the walkers would've piled onto the spikes and made their little bridges. Yes,they would still have to fight a lot of choke-points. But, this would be better than fighting a sea of enemies in the open, when you can barely see the enemy coming. The walkers would then also be in range for the archers on the walls. And with the unsullied armed with spears they could hold them off for much longer than whatever the fuck that was.
But first, let's have our dothraki boys yolo into our enemy to add to their numbers because we weren't outnumbered enough already.

Then the actual battle is just really close up shots so you can barely see what is happening, which GoT has done before. I suppose it shows how chaotic a battle is, but on the other hand you have no real clue what is going on and it makes for very conflicting scenes.
In one shot you see 500 walkers charging at someone, and in the next shot that person chops down 3 and is fine. Where did those other 497 wights go?
You know there is an endless horde of dead cunts coming, but sammyboy gets knocked down 100x and then somehow has time to get up and run his fat ass inside. Did those thousands of wights just decide to give him a head start or something.
I know it doesn't matter in the end because the result of the fight would still be the same, with the Night King dying and all that, but the whole battle was just very disappointing and unenjoyable for me.

Feels very convenient that Brienne Pod Jaime Tormund Gendry somehow were the only survivors of the front lines.
This stuff doesn't bother me that much normally, but it does when it happens a million times in one episode.

[close]
Spoiler
Well the whole strategy revolved around luring the Night King out so that they could 2v1 him with dragons. But then Daenarys attacked too early after the Dothraki died.
[close]

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 29, 2019, 01:47:59 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

The plot (armor) thickens..

Spoiler
I 100% agree. Whoever thought of their strategy going into this better have been killed in the battle. Lets give the dothraki flaming swords so at least it looks cool as they suicide charge into an army they cant even see. And then, adding onto the whole chokepoint situation, why didnt they reserve a whole lot more people to get on those walls which is clearly the best place to defend in a siege? I get that from a story perspective they want their ups and downs for the heroes and so on, but after losing the battle outside the walls they could have at least made a better effort inside the walls..
I'm not sure about this one, but I thought in the last episode they mentioned something about using Bran as bait to ambush the Night King? Seems like the only one following that plan was Arya and I guess that worked out. And I mean, I knew Theon was a beta boi but did he have to die like that? holy shit
[close]

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 29, 2019, 01:58:00 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
Well the whole strategy revolved around luring the Night King out so that they could 2v1 him with dragons. But then Daenarys attacked too early after the Dothraki died.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah, but you'd still want to come out of that battle with as many men as possible right?
The fact that the plan is to bait the Night King doesn't mean you should just disregard the siege itself and throw away lives.
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

The plot (armor) thickens..

Spoiler
I 100% agree. Whoever thought of their strategy going into this better have been killed in the battle. Lets give the dothraki flaming swords so at least it looks cool as they suicide charge into an army they cant even see. And then, adding onto the whole chokepoint situation, why didnt they reserve a whole lot more people to get on those walls which is clearly the best place to defend in a siege? I get that from a story perspective they want their ups and downs for the heroes and so on, but after losing the battle outside the walls they could have at least made a better effort inside the walls..
I'm not sure about this one, but I thought in the last episode they mentioned something about using Bran as bait to ambush the Night King? Seems like the only one following that plan was Arya and I guess that worked out. And I mean, I knew Theon was a beta boi but did he have to die like that? holy shit
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah, when I saw the "strategy" last episode I was hoping they didn't show the whole plan to keep the suspense up. Or that Bran or Tyrion would somehow come up with a different plan. But no, that was the actual plan and in the end they don't even stick to that plan.
Didn't mind Theon's death that much. It was very cliche, but the way he died there wasn't very important to me at that point. His whole redemption arc has now finally come to a close.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:02:06 pm by Rikkert »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 29, 2019, 03:01:33 pm »
Spoiler
At the same time though, they didn't expect to survive the siege no matter what. The problem is they wanted the Night King to attack, otherwise he would have just sat there and waited to starve them out right.

anyways, looking at the trailer for the next episode there are thousands of unsullied that magically popped out of the ground.
[close]

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #2874 on: April 29, 2019, 04:19:31 pm »
I'll pretend I've never watched 8x3 shitfest

My god wtf
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 29, 2019, 04:51:25 pm »
Spoiler
At the same time though, they didn't expect to survive the siege no matter what. The problem is they wanted the Night King to attack, otherwise he would have just sat there and waited to starve them out right.

anyways, looking at the trailer for the next episode there are thousands of unsullied that magically popped out of the ground.
[close]
Spoiler
haven't seen a single unsullied in the trailer for the next episode tho??
edit:fuck me nvm

but yea agreed with price on the strategy thing, they were all pretty sure they were gunna die and their only chance would be to look #weak so the night king would step in
but overall the atmosphere around that episode was incredible, during the whole thing i was really stressed, but if there's one thing im disappointed about its the heroes who survived. had put my money on atleast grey worm+brienne+theon+jorah+some other ppl and at the end only 2 died nugga what
[close]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 04:53:43 pm by Harford »
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2876 on: April 29, 2019, 05:19:17 pm »
Spoiler
Bit odd that they build up the NK for 8 seasons and its all over in episode 3 and lets be honest no BIG characters die like wtf.
[close]

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #2877 on: April 29, 2019, 06:13:52 pm »
Spoiler
Bit odd that they build up the NK for 8 seasons and its all over in episode 3 and lets be honest no BIG characters die like wtf.
[close]
I agree, pretty disapointed tbh, 9 years spent waiting for it and then plop in 1 hour.

Game of Thrones/Number of episodes

69th episode  8) 8) 8)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 29, 2019, 06:42:23 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

ye and that too
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #2879 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:21 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
that’s my main takeaway as well
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time