Author Topic: Developer Blog 43 - Progress Update  (Read 22950 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Developer Blog 43 - Progress Update
« on: August 11, 2019, 04:51:33 pm »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
Re: Developer Blog 43 - Progress Update
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:02:11 pm »
It's nice to see the rapid progress being made. The duel wield for the colours is a great edition.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:05:28 pm »
very nice

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 05:12:13 pm »
I've always massively doubted this game ever since it was announced - but I must say this looks excellent.

Offline Lawrence

• Major
  • 1ere Cadet | Former Founder of 3rd East Kent (NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lawrence
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 05:17:10 pm »
Great work guys. Everything is looking pretty solid. Keep up the hard work!

Offline TheZachster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IXe[33e]Zach
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 05:17:44 pm »
thanks for the update. My brother went to jail in 2013 for 10 years for armed robbery. Hoping to play this with him when he's out since NW was his favorite game!

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 05:18:57 pm »
But where's the 3rdArk?

yecgga

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 05:19:47 pm »
When you're going to add Ottoman Empire?

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
Hopefully i can still tilde key while moving and look behind me without turning

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 05:37:20 pm »
Hopefully i can still tilde key while moving and look behind me without turning

You can.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 05:43:23 pm »
let me play please k?  :-*

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 05:45:55 pm »
Looking not only solid, but pretty great! I'm especially happy about the care you take for administration, that's really really appreciated. It's one of the most important factors for public servers and events, yet it tends to get ignored quite often. Seriously, that's just great!

In order to get nitpicking, are explosive kegs unusable while under water? I remember that boats used to get blown up from beneath on Tropical Paradise, it's hilarious and fun, but might be annoying + abused in other contexts. Besides that, is there a misfire chance when it's raining? After all, that would be realistic, but I'm not entirely sure whether it would be that much fun to have it go "pooof" instead of "boooooom" during a siege.

Will flagbearers suffer skill- and speednerfs when fighting while carrying a flag? I'm sure they will, but to what extent? After all, these things are heavy and clumsy af as you, being reenactors, certainly know. Personally, I'm pretty sure I couldn't do anything except wobble about with that sword while carrying a flag as large as this one-handed. In my experience, I usually am all happy when keeping it up against the winds using both my arms :-[ ;D

The UI is spot on, simple yet informative, just like it should be!

Spoiler
Why does this game look better than Bannerlord? I'm being serious here, what's FSE doing right that Taleworlds is doing wrong?

*FSE apparently has better understanding of context, natural surroundings, history, human movement and anatomy and maybe posseses more of what one might call "heartblood". But this whole blog puts TW to shame on levels that I would not have considered possible for a studio as small as this.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:59:35 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 05:45:58 pm »
I see Boobs Wüstis Admintool, I upvote.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline danangleland

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 05:46:09 pm »
I really like what I see here- the one criticism I have is of the first tune, "Three Camps". To me the very rapid drum beat in the background is uncomfortable to listen to. However, I like many of the other tunes and none of the rest displease me.

The knapsacks look as top notch as the other models I've seen in these blogs, and I like the attention to detail and information about them, despite not being well informed about the equipment of this period myself. It looks like yet more pleasing variety in equipment that is rooted in reality, which is surely good for everyone.

The sapper building looks really neat; as you say the UI isn't polished but it is functional and the process of selecting and placing things seems more smooth and intuitive than in NW. The way colour bearers shoulder the flag and can still fight with a sword looks excellent, I think you guys are doing a great job on the graphics of this game.

Why does this game look better than Bannerlord? I'm being serious here, what's FSE doing right that Taleworlds is doing wrong?

Couldn't agree more. The overall quality but in particular the way things look right and natural, in terms of outfits particularly, puts Bannerlord to shame (I say this as a long term fan of Taleworlds). Taking that screenshot of the colour bearers as an example, everything about the uniforms (textures, creases and general aesthetic appeal) and the way the men hold things (general posture and positioning of the fingers) looks better than Bannerlord. Then there is the realistic log near the fire, the nice looking wagon in the background, the lovely sky...in the other screenshots, such as the knapsacks, you've shown again how to make leather look like leather. To me, that's not something Bannerlord has done very well.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:53:30 pm by danangleland »

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 05:48:28 pm »
I see Boobs Wüstis Admintool, I upvote.
+1 seems to work pretty similar

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star