Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32059 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2019, 01:34:58 am »
For the 4v4 I just thought of this but can we not allow a trading period at all after a draft because of how shitty WPC went down. Also can you get people who can help you run the league Flower instead of what Jorge did and just disappear without any help. How are captains going to be chosen?
I think trading should be allowed and not transfers, but like BabyJesus said Captains cannot trade themselves and both trades would have to be approved by both captains and also the mod team. I'm capable of running the league myself since I'm not going to disappear but obviously I will be having/wanting a community mod team to help with everything as doing everything myself though possible is more work than I'd like to take on while attending college.

I think Captains should be chosen by the mod team after everyone is drafted to their teams. The criteria for Captain would probably be something like the most reliable, matured, experienced member etc.
If Captains are chosen after the draft, who is drafting players?

I shall agree to disagree Ser Godfreid The White
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:38:34 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2019, 01:37:15 am »
Stream draft on twitch plz
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2019, 01:51:38 am »
For the 4v4 I just thought of this but can we not allow a trading period at all after a draft because of how shitty WPC went down. Also can you get people who can help you run the league Flower instead of what Jorge did and just disappear without any help. How are captains going to be chosen?
I think trading should be allowed and not transfers, but like BabyJesus said Captains cannot trade themselves and both trades would have to be approved by both captains and also the mod team. I'm capable of running the league myself since I'm not going to disappear but obviously I will be having/wanting a community mod team to help with everything as doing everything myself though possible is more work than I'd like to take on while attending college.

I think Captains should be chosen by the mod team after everyone is drafted to their teams. The criteria for Captain would probably be something like the most reliable, matured, experienced member etc.

Yeah I think I derped when thinking that one through,
would the way WPC drafted its teams be an issue? (asking because I wasn't involved in WPC's draft process)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:54:15 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2019, 02:16:14 am »

would the way WPC drafted its teams be an issue? (asking because I wasn't involved in WPC's draft process)
wpc just chose random people that signed up. It would have got fucked if a troll/inactive person was picked
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2019, 02:17:51 am »

WPC Draft involved players being randomly picked per round. So a random 6 players would pop up and you'd have to bid on who you wanted. I want no more of that shit. Make the order random and choose good captains to spread out the talent, then just go round by round and have each captain choose who they want.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2019, 03:14:33 am »
Spoiler

[close]
WPC Draft involved players being randomly picked per round. So a random 6 players would pop up and you'd have to bid on who you wanted. I want no more of that shit. Make the order random and choose good captains to spread out the talent, then just go round by round and have each captain choose who they want.
So just choose willing players to be Captains out of the player pool and randomize the draft order for the teams the more standard way? It would likely have to have a seperate sign up then for those interested in captaincy then.

also made a small start of week update on the OP

JAN 14 - 21
Ongoing#1 (Melee only pros vs joes event)
The first melee event took place and it was somewhat a success but with the wrinkles ironed out I think this can get established as an actual event with casual regiments but we'll do it with pubs for now I believe and with the LG/42nd's and some mercs help for the next one at least. Date TBD, I think Friday is what we're aiming for again.

Ongoing#2 (4v4 Draft League Fast Paced w/ Proper rules/trade system)
Still fleshing out how the league will be ran (with the help of the community), its rules, who will be helping running, etc. and once those are decided I will begin working on the thread for it and my aim for it is to be hosted in early-mid February.

Ongoing#3 (Amateur NA Duel Tournament(s)
May as well make an official announcement on this planned series of tournaments to be hosted for new/inexperienced players, it will be mainly organized by Jolly with my and others help. I believe these tournaments will commence at the end of the month.

Ongoing #4 (Casual community)
It seems as though some people want a little more done in the casual side of the community which I am all about, I am thinking of what I can do to help with this and I am open to suggestions and am currently investigating myself.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:21:43 am by Windflower »

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2019, 05:57:02 am »
I volunteer as tribute to be the captain of team atomic... I mean whoever I happen to pick

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2019, 06:21:41 am »
I volunteer as tribute to be the captain of team best friends ... I mean whoever I happen to pick

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2019, 06:44:50 am »
I volunteer as tribute to be the captain of team best friends ... I mean whoever I happen to pick
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2019, 07:46:48 am »
I have a few things I'll be trying to organize with casual regiments to gain interest in comp.

1. Organize 30 minute melee trainings with regiment leaders
    - These melee trainings will be led by 5-10 people depending on the amount of pubs
    - Trainings would include a basic overview of blocking, attacking, fients, communication, and movement in both duels and gfs
    - Aswell as going into more advanced techniques chambering and so on

2. The point of these trainings are not to hold their hand and teach them every step of the way but instead to explain how to go about practicing and how to use servers to practice (e.g Bob gf, Na Duel etc)
    - Encouraging them to practice with their own regiment memebers so they're comfortable with failing around people they know until they're confidence reaches the point where they can play around high level players with out giving up entirely.

Instead of pointing fingers on why the comp scene isn't growing I'd like to focus on way of growing the comp scene.  My whole goal for this is not to throw people into the deep end of comp but instead finding those players who wish to improve their melee abilities slowly while keeping up motivation.

This is going to take time and I am willing to put into the time to teach newer players.  I'm already doing this within the 15e and I feel with this experience I can help a lot with growing the community. 

As well with the addition of my amateur duel tournament which if sucessful I hope to continue with more amateur tournaments(not leagues) E.g. 2v2, gfs etc

I find it somewhat hard to write out and explain properly.  If you have any questions and wish to discuse this over TS pm on Steam
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2019, 08:03:06 am »
I have a few things I'll be trying to organize with casual regiments to gain interest in comp.

- These melee trainings will be led by 5-10 people depending on the amount of pubs
    - Trainings would include a basic overview of blocking, attacking, fients, communication, and movement in both duels and gfs

2. The point of these trainings are not to hold their hand and teach them every step of the way but instead to explain how to go about practicing and how to use servers to practice (e.g Bob gf, Na Duel etc)
    - Encouraging them to practice with their own regiment memebers so they're comfortable with failing around people they know until they're confidence reaches the point where they can play around high level players with out giving up entirely.

Instead of pointing fingers on why the comp scene isn't growing I'd like to focus on way of growing the comp scene.  My whole goal for this is not to throw people into the deep end of comp but instead finding those players who wish to improve their melee abilities slowly while keeping up motivation.

This is going to take time and I am willing to put into the time to teach newer players.  I'm already doing this within the 15e and I feel with this experience I can help a lot with growing the community. 

As well with the addition of my amateur duel tournament which if sucessful I hope to continue with more amateur tournaments(not leagues) E.g. 2v2, gfs etc

I find it somewhat hard to write out and explain properly.  If you have any questions and wish to discuse this over TS pm on Steam

+1
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2019, 12:00:18 pm »

+1

Every cadet will be taught to become a rock and climb

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2019, 05:37:20 pm »

+1
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2019, 05:52:25 pm »

The pubs on the BBG discord are asking about training for the Pros Vs Joes 2 now this Friday. They want to train, but they don't know how. So this might be a good way to funnel people into regiments. You and I and the CR should work on a plan to use this event to regiments' advantage.  There is definitely interest. I also have a dead server script called Mountain of Wisdom from Kanade that you can train against bots that I can bring up, might be a fun way to get pubs started in their Regiment career.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2019, 07:12:21 am »

The pubs on the BBG discord are asking about training for the Pros Vs Joes 2 now this Friday. They want to train, but they don't know how. So this might be a good way to funnel people into regiments. You and I and the CR should work on a plan to use this event to regiments' advantage.  There is definitely interest. I also have a dead server script called Mountain of Wisdom from Kanade that you can train against bots that I can bring up, might be a fun way to get pubs started in their Regiment career.
For sure, that's great that they're showing interest in improving. Establishing the event with other regiments is the next step and ye we should make a plan to further propagate their interests into the comp. scene and training them is one way.