Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32310 times)

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:36 am »
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2019, 07:24:20 am »
For the 4v4 I just thought of this but can we not allow a trading period at all after a draft because of how shitty WPC went down. Also can you get people who can help you run the league Flower instead of what Jorge did and just disappear without any help. How are captains going to be chosen?

|Viper|

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2019, 07:25:21 am »
For the 4v4 I just thought of this but can we not allow a trading period at all after a draft because of how shitty WPC went down. Also can you get people who can help you run the league Flower instead of what Jorge did and just disappear without any help. How are captains going to be chosen?

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2019, 11:18:13 am »
In b 4 people un happy with teams so they refuse to play unless they're on a different team

And or

People swear they'll be active then aren't at all

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

|Viper|

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2019, 05:43:59 pm »
In b 4 people un happy with teams so they refuse to play unless they're on a different team

And or

Well, the active and not active part for players has been happening for years and it won't go away, it's something we just gotta deal with and people will play no matter what knowing most of the NW Community most people crave competitive so that's why they'd sign up and a team wouldn't keep them from playing.

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2019, 06:32:04 pm »

And or

if people refuse to play just bar them from the league altogether. If people go inactive, just swap them out.
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:54 pm »

And or

if people refuse to play just bar them from the league altogether. If people go inactive, just swap them out.
Kinda screws over captains though if they waste picks on good players who then decide to drop out.

I think if it's a draft league trading should be allowed, but only by team captains. None of that players trading themselves stuff
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:35:54 pm by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2019, 07:43:58 pm »

And or

Neither of those were really problems in WPC, idk why they'd be problems in Wind's 4v4.

Quote from: Waste-Too-Cool
I think if it's a draft league trading should be allowed, but only by team captains. None of that players trading themselves stuff

But also this if trading is allowed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:46:02 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2019, 08:02:51 pm »
Nickcole, Maccle, Yoloswag, ToxicFormat, Sleek, Dj, Vetro, Puppytron, Zappy, Montoytoy, Shinto, Anthony and Charles are all people who were originally in WPC then just kinda dissapeared for various reasons.

Pretty sure all of Aftershock quit or went somewhere else because they didn't like the team. Idk really actually that team just imploded

Not tryna argue I just think it was really bad in WPC, and also all the scheduling problems teams had with inactive players

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2019, 08:20:33 pm »
I hear a tagpro league
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:02 pm »
Trading is fine. None of that transfer bs tho

Captains shouldn’t be able to trade themselves and the trades should need to be approved by moderaters. So an example would be fart shouldn’t be able to trade himself kosj and fireboy to infamous for dj and liquid ( both are inactive).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:37:46 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:52 pm »
Trading is fine. None of that transfer bs tho

Captains shouldn’t be able to trade themselves and the trades should need to be approved by moderaters. So an example would be fart shouldn’t be able to trade himself kosj and fireboy to infamous for dj and liquid ( both are inactive).

I agree. The system was shit. It only took months of that crap for people to understand why I wanted the rules changed from the start lol. Players should have minimal power in terms of roster transactions. Captains should be dedicated heads of teams similar to a GM in pro sports.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2019, 09:39:18 pm »
Nickcole, Maccle, Yoloswag, ToxicFormat, Sleek, Dj, Vetro, Puppytron, Zappy, Montoytoy, Shinto, Anthony and Charles are all people who were originally in WPC then just kinda dissapeared for various reasons.

Pretty sure all of Aftershock quit or went somewhere else because they didn't like the team. Idk really actually that team just imploded

Not tryna argue I just think it was really bad in WPC, and also all the scheduling problems teams had with inactive players

NickCole, Vetro and Montoytoy kept playing into the final 3rd of the tournament. Maccle and ToxicFormat were kicked off atomic during the first trade window and not picked up by other teams, so not sure what they were supposed to do. Sleek quit the league along with Rune and Maniac when they had to take a forfeit.

Aftershock didn't quit because they didn't like the team, they were mostly friends who had been together in 6te. They imploded because they took losses to Infamous and Wolfpack early in the season and it was handled poorly by their Captain, among other things that were handled badly. Moral of that story really is make sure you assign Captains who are actually capable of handling the role.

Only people who really just disappeared were Zappy, Puppytron, Anthony, Charles, Shinto and Dj, Yoloswag.

It really wasn't bad in WPC.

The real problems in the league wasn't people disappearing, it was 1) I don't think everything the league tried to introduce such as trading/transfers was completely thought through and properly implemented. 2) People couldn't handle losses and reacted like toddlers about them. 3) Tournament was way too long which caused real life factors to interrupt peoples ability to play and causing them to go inactive (Dj, Yolo, Anthony, possibly Zappy and Puppytron). If you set a tournament for 15 rounds w/ 1 match per week + 3 off weeks for trades/transfers you're going to have a bad time.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2019, 12:38:04 am »
The real problems in the league wasn't people disappearing, it was 1) I don't think everything the league tried to introduce such as trading/transfers was completely thought through and properly implemented. 2) People couldn't handle losses and reacted like toddlers about them. 3) Tournament was way too long which caused real life factors to interrupt peoples ability to play and causing them to go inactive (Dj, Yolo, Anthony, possibly Zappy and Puppytron). If you set a tournament for 15 rounds w/ 1 match per week + 3 off weeks for trades/transfers you're going to have a bad time.

This. I would also add on not all the rules were good either since it got super chaotic w/ transfers and stuff. People abused them.

+1 to the captains can trade players

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2019, 12:40:41 am »
I think trading should be allowed and not transfers, but like BabyJesus said Captains cannot trade themselves and both trades would have to be approved by both captains and also the mod team. I'm capable of running the league myself since I'm not going to disappear but obviously I will be having/wanting a community mod team to help with everything as doing everything myself though possible is more work than I'd like to take on while attending college.

I think Captains should be chosen by the mod team after everyone is drafted to their teams. The criteria for Captain would probably be something like the most reliable, matured, experienced member etc.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳