Author Topic: 8te Linien Infanterie, Bayern  (Read 1061 times)

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
  • Side: Union
8te Linien Infanterie, Bayern
« on: August 24, 2020, 06:11:40 am »

The crest of the 8te, modern day!

Introduction

The 8te Linien-Infanterie also known as the 8te in public events is a line infantry regiment based in the NA community. This regiment is based off of Bavarian line infantry from the Napoleonic Wars. This regiment is fairly new being founded in August of 2020. With ~20 members, but makes up for this by bringing 10-15 members per event. This regiment has many veteran players and specializes in line infantry, mostly in the competitive scene. This regiment participates in some competitive events, but tends to focus more on 1v1's than gf's. We are the reincarnation of the 104th under a different name and commander. We all come from various regiments before, but the 104th was most of our homes before this regiment.

We respect and ask that all new members respect everyone in this community, and we endeavour to achieve this goal daily. In addition to our consistency in Napoleonic Wars, we play a wide variety of games and encourage members to play together.(Mostly Rust and Fall Guys)   Our current list of games changes consistently, so if you are even remotely interested in playing with us, whether you are a veteran of Napoleonic Wars r or a beginner, no matter the age, you are welcome to join us, just add [8te] R. Sharpe on steam! See you on the battlefield! If you wish to join the 8te add either one of the Steam contacts down below, see you on the battlefield soldier!

Historical Overview

The regiment received its eagle on the Field of Mars from Paris. Once again sent to the Hanover Army , the regiment was assigned to the "1er corps d'armée" (1st Army Corps) under the " Maréchal d'Empire " Jean de Bernadotte , and marched with him to Austria. It passed Munich on September 2nd, crossed the Danube on November 15th, and then turned to Bohemia where it reached Iglau on November 25th. On November 29th it received the order to march to Austerlitz where it arrived on the evening of December 1st. During the battle it was part of the reserve, but then took part in the pursuit battles. After the Peace of Pressburgit was placed in garrison at Jihlava . Marshal Bernadotte's "l e corps d'armée" moved to Bavaria and stayed there until September. Then it was marched into the Kingdom of Saxony . It was not involved in the battle of Jena and Auerstedt , but fought in the skirmishes near Halle on October 17th (the regiment was mentioned in the 11th bulletin of the "Grande Armée" for its achievements) and at Kriwitz on November 3rd . Participation in the Battle of Lübeck on November 6th under the command of Géneral Michel-Marie Pacthod . When storming the mill gate, the unit suffered heavy losses. On March 5th, the regiment suffered heavy losses in the Battle of Barrosa . So it lost its commander, its eagle and 726 of 1,468 soldiers. It then took part in the battle of Fuentes-d'Onoro on May 5th and that of Albuere on May 16th. Fighting in the Cadiz area followed in June and July.
The 8te has stuck around this entire time, even existing so long as to world war 2!
The regiment moved on May 10, 1940 from Givet on the Meuse to Godinne in Belgium. Here it repelled a German attack and inflicted heavy losses on the attackers who wanted to conquer the bridge over the Meuse. After two days of fighting, the regiment still consisting of 1,500 men withdrew because the bridge could no longer be held by the heavy artillery bombardment from Annevoie-Rouillon . The attacking Germans recognized the situation, crossed the bridge and then pushed forward several kilometers to the south.

The 8 e RI, commanded only by a lieutenant, initially remained in place, knowing that the route to the south was already cut off. Besides, there was no connection and no care. When a truck convoy of the Belgian armed forces approached on May 14, 1940, it was believed that it was the expected reinforcement. However, these trucks were already being used by the Germans who had recently confiscated them. The 8e RI fell victim to this mistake and was shot down. The rest were taken prisoner.

Organisation of the Regiment

The 8te will only be Line Infantry, but in game we may sometimes choose to go as a specialty. Our main focus will be in our melee though, and we'll try to improve our competitive scene to improve us and our counterparts in the IX Korps! We are lead by myself, Oberst Richard Sharpe, also known as Scottish. I take care of our day to day running, and I am assisted closely by my 2nd in comman, Kapitan Patrick Harper (Kay Neumark). We use the basic Prussian ranking structure, though we are a Bavarian based regiment.

Trainings & Promotions

In the 8te, we do trainings before we do our 1v1's and groupfights, and also after major events on the areas we know we need to improve on. As a regiment, we spend a lot of time on our server melee'ing one another to get better at the game. Our promotions aren't in any particular order or routine, we promote as we see fit at the moment, and promote those who are worthy of it. Eventually we will have a set rotation for our promotions.

8te Linien Infanterie, Bayern
Dienstplan

Commissioned Officers

Hauptmann. Scottish

Non-Commissioned Officers

Feldwebel. Alexander Halkett
Feldwebel. Kay
Commissioned Officers: 1
Non-Commissioned Officers: 2
Enlisted Men: 17
Kadetts: 8
Total Strength: 28

Enlisted

Fusilier. Pharix
Fusilier. JJBoyson
Fusilier. ROMAN
Fusilier. Ben perkins
Fusilier. Clinton
Fusilier. Hey

Soldat. Dickhammerbush
Soldat. Wolfy
Soldat. Dethorath
Soldat. Cannon
Soldat. Gravity
Soldat. Joseph
Soldat. Rion
Soldat. Escobar
Soldat. Doomsday
Soldat. Wayne
Soldat. Big Mack
Kadetts & Landwehr

Kadett. Bubba
Kadett. Guazy
Kadett. Gobler
Kadett.  Hebrewbear

Landwehr. Black
Landwehr. Will
Landwehr. Reaper
Landwehr. Camel

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 12:28:26 pm by J. Campbell »

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: 8te Linien Infanterie, Bayern
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 06:11:59 am »
Rsv, still a wip!

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 06:56:04 am »
Goodluck! The names screw with me tho  ;D
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 08:39:35 am »

Seem fine to me?
Soldat Adolf Hitler  :o

Goodluck ;)

Skaen

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 09:01:35 am »
Good luck. :)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 09:15:51 am »

Seem fine to me?
Soldat Adolf Hitler  :o

Goodluck ;)

Offline Rikus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Gren_Rikus
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 11:18:18 am »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 03:16:33 pm »
Good luck n3rd

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 03:31:22 pm »
Why do you still exist Scottish
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2020, 01:29:48 am »
Why do you still exist Scottish
Why don't you? Reform the 18e pls tired of making random regiments :(

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2020, 06:48:14 am »
Cleaned up my roster, made it look neater and more organized! Adding Ranking structure soon!