Author Topic: People's behaving on the Official EU1 server.  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
People's behaving on the Official EU1 server.
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »
Hello guys.
I am just wondering what you guys think about those people on eu1 those do one of the following things;

-Being a sapper, just closing himself in and waiting;
-Being a sapper, building stuff to get on places you are not allowed to be;
-Musicians etc, just dancing at spawn waiting till they get slaughtered in the end of the rounds (wasting time);
-People dropping their weapons/surrendering, and then join the enemy which doesn't kill them;
-People dropping their weapons running away;
-People randomly team hitting and or team killing;
-People being told to not go on certain spots (For example: the roof on Russian_Village).

And then there are probably more things you could come up with. But I guess some of us know, that most of the things I just called out happen allot. And they happen everyday, somethings when there are actually admins on, most of the times when there aren't. I know every game has trolls, but in my eyes EU1 has allot of them  :-[

That is how I think about it

I am curious how you guys think about it, do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you want it to stop? How do you think it could stop? Do you think it has consequences for the people playing?.

I have noticed EU1 is getting more empty every month, would that be because of that? Or because of something else?

Tell me! And discuss :).

-Regards, Dekkers
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:07:07 pm by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
Re: People's behaving on the Official EU1 server.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »
I don't like any of these things, however, it is a public server and things like this will happen; however,  we can be thankful that there are  organized events that have rules to prevent stuff like this. :)
Pointy stick champion

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:08:55 pm »
That's bad, but you should take a look to NA_1, you will be terrified.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:50 pm »
I don't like any of these things, however, it is a public server and things like this will happen; however,  we can be thankful that there are  organized events that have rules to prevent stuff like this. :)

Yeah I totaly agree, but I just wish I could have a good time when I am not playing an event, and as I am not in a regiment I have that allot.

Is it even worse there?
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »

Is it even worse there?

Confirmed. That server is filled with trolls and another kind of animals aswell.

Offline Draken193

• Captain
  • I like turtles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Draken
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 10:27:51 pm »
It is a public server , what do you expect :|

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »
It is a public server , what do you expect :|

I expect to it be a decent server, not a circus.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 10:41:33 pm »
I was around 1.30 pm GMT on EU 1 and it was bad, its so bad, the EU1 battle in MM was way more fun than this... now we have all those muscisians and surrendering people and delayers, its not fun anymore and it will never be the same again...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:44:52 pm by Van_Hulstein »
Nunc aut nunquam

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »
It's a public server, and a big part of the community are trolls. (Face it) We can not always tell people to do something, or tell someone to stop with something as admins. Because then we would be getting to much in the public "affairs" after all they bought the game, and they reserve with that all rights to do as they want on the Official Server. Of course as long it doesn't inflicts with the server rules. It's perhaps sad for some people, but that's just the way it is. And always was.

What I just said goes for the most points you mentioned, obviously the team hitting/team killing is a job for the admins. However even when there is an admin on, he can't always see the rule breaking offense, therefore we hope that the other public players help us as much as possible by reporting any such offense. In what case we can act quickly on it and deal with the problem. However a lot of times the admins simply don't have a clue if it was on purpose or not. We don't have eyes all over the map.

Sappers are also prevented as much as possible to do somewhat rule breaking offenses, like building objects that get's them to a spot where someone isn't meant to be. However for the part that they close themself in somewhere, I personally would say that they are fully allowed to do that. But when the end of the round is near, they will have to go in to the battle as well to prevent any round delaying. That's when an admin can hop in and do his thing. But that's only when it's a fact that the person is delaying. Therefore breaking the rules.

For some other points you mentioned, like the musicians, people dropping their weapons and running around and people surrendering to the enemy. On all these points we can only do something when it turns into delaying like I just explained at the end of a round. And when it's clear they are delaying. Then we admins can do something.

Last, yes EU1 is getting more empty, and we admins. Are busy with trying to find something to get some fresh wind in the server, and to get people playing more on the official servers again. That might take a while, so in the meanwhile we would highly support you in getting other people on the EU1 server to have some fun gameplay.
However, these points you have noted are not exactly the cases of the sudden dropping of the population. The points you mentioned are (i believe i said it before) happening since back in MM. Though other events lately could have influenced this, like a lot of people quitting NW for the melee system, or whatever other reason. But that's not really important. We just need to find a way to get people interested again. And perhaps the new patch will do the job. Who knows?

Alright my say on it. Hope it helped you a bit. ;)

Offline Creed

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Nr57_Fus_Creed
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 02:08:47 am »
People have different ways to have fun on the server and if that means they form a musical band at spawn with a few friends then so be it, they aren't harming anyone. Just because you dont like it does not make it count for everyone afterall the musician class is part of the game that they bought so they have the right to use it. All the other points will always be around as we admins cant guard the server 24/7. Aslong as people arent causing problems by teamkilling, glitching or just being a general troll then everything should be alright.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:11:08 am by Creed »

Offline Aksei

• Donator
  • meh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aksei
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 05:03:13 pm »
In my opinion we need a hard punishment for teamkillers and glitchers*.

BUT dont slay for every small issue like talking bullshit. Admins should not have to care for the chat.... use the energy to look for teamkills.

new maps on the server -> some players just troll because they are bored of the old maps

* fix the bugs. As a coder i would be ashamed if someone is using a bug for nearly a year now. And dont tell me you cant because its hardcoded. If you can go in a rock and it cant be fixed, remove the rock from the map..... whoho its really that simple  ::)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 05:05:30 pm »
In my opinion we need a hard punishment for teamkillers and glitchers*.

BUT dont slay for every small issue like talking bullshit. Admins should not have to care for the chat.... use the energy to look for teamkills.

new maps on the server -> some players just troll because they are bored of the old maps

* fix the bugs. As a coder i would be ashamed if someone is using a bug for nearly a year now. And dont tell me you cant because its hardcoded. If you can go in a rock and it cant be fixed, remove the rock from the map..... whoho its really that simple  ::)

I couldn't have said it better, and yes. Eu1 needs new maps, made so people CAN'T abuse the roofs. Which isn't dificult to make... :)

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »
I hope this server can be great as an official server should be soon.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »
I am on Eu1 atm, and 92nd_Pte_Douglas_MacKenzie is doing some great admin work! :D

Offline MilfAndCookies

• Donator
  • Colonel of the 43rd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MilfAndCookies
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
-Being a sapper, just closing himself in and waiting; Annoying
-Being a sapper, building stuff to get on places you are not allowed to be; Im fine with that as long as we can shoot them.
-Musicians etc, just dancing at spawn waiting till they get slaughtered in the end of the rounds (wasting time); No problem at all.
-People dropping their weapons/surrendering, and then join the enemy which doesn't kill them; Find it quite amusing.
-People dropping their weapons running away; Funny at start but if it go's on for to long it gets annoying.
-People randomly team hitting and or team killing; Need to be banned right away.
-People being told to not go on certain spots (For example: the roof on Russian_Village). Im fine with people going on buildings but if they start going up a mountain then I understand.

I think EU1 is losing people for 1 main reason. That is the fact that the M&B community seems to be getting smaller.