Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞ United Kingdom 2016 Champions !  (Read 95188 times)

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞
« Reply #435 on: April 27, 2016, 05:24:26 pm »

The group stage of the 2016 Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup has come to an end.
All 10 teams have fought bravely, some matches were incredibly close, and we now have the names of the four teams that qualified themselves to the next and final stage of the tournament.
The teams that will fight in the semi-finals are:

Group A :

First place:

Second place:

Group B :

First place:

Second place:

- Semi-Finals -

Captains are asked to announce their matches' dates as following:

Spoiler
Match:
Date & Hour:
Maximum number of players (8, 10 or 12):
[close]

They will be given a server and referee by the organizers once this is done.

The organizing team wishes to congratulate all the teams that did not qualify, and for which the Nations Cup is over:

These teams have all fought great matches and shown impressive skills while doing so. Some of them came really close to qualifying, and therefore deserve everyone's utmost respect.
I for one hope that all members of these teams, captains, vice-captains and members alike, enjoyed themselves playing in this year's Cavalry Nations Cup, and will keep a good memory of those matches fought in their countries' teams.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:34:10 pm by Erik le Rouge »
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Graf_Maximus

• Second Lieutenant
  • Major General of 2y Cavalry-Infantry Brigade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Graf-Maximus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #436 on: April 27, 2016, 05:38:14 pm »
I would like to thank Erik for organizing this tournament,it was very interesting to watch and also to participate in this tournament,we hope that in the future the Russian-speaking sbornaya will show the result for better :D

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2016, 07:26:27 pm »
Congratulations to the three other teams which have been qualifying themselves for the last stage.

A little thought for the spanish team which came really close in this explosive Group A and could have certainly made it with a bit more of luck. Still a really strong performance.

And another one for the polish team which despite being more or less on a decrease since their win in 2014, would have still deserved better than going out of the groups once again. Don't forget you guys are part of the two nations which won the Nations Cup. And the French team is gonna try its best to keep this number to its current state.

Looking forward to our match Germany. Best of luck UK and Benelux.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Caylor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr3_Wtm_Caylor
« Reply #438 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »
Match: France vs Germanic Countries
Date & Hour: 30.04.16 // 8:30 CET (gmt+1)
Maximum number of players (8, 10 or 12): 8
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:41:46 pm by Caylor »
Humans are like turtles... they cant fly!

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2016, 07:08:59 pm »

I wish to apologize for the delay with the media posts. Exams studies, personal schedules and other reasons have kept me away from posting anything earlier.
Interview-wise this is only a short one, but since it shows Caylor's interview, I thought it would be wise to post it before tonight's semi-final between the Germanic Countries and France.
A longer media post will be made as fast as possible, with other interviews. Thank you for your understanding.

- Matches Reviews -

4th Macthday: Poland vs Italy
The only match between two heavy cavalry teams in the whole tournament. Both Poland and Italy were very motivated to get an extra win in the group stage. It was finally Poland that came out victorious, after a quite enjoyable match, with great skills and mistakes on both sides.
[close]
4th Matchday: Russia & Ukraine vs Turkey
This match was played between the two "historical" rivals of this tournament. Caucasian had made it clear in his interview, his very aim was to beat the Russo-Ukrainian team. However the eastern men did not let this match go easily for the Turks. Outnumbers by a few men, the Russian and Ukrainian players showed excellent skills and teamplay in front of the Turks, and eventually managed to get a 8-6 win against them. No win then for the Turkish team, and the Russo-Ukrainian one can be proud of this victory, which probably leave them a good memory of the whole tournament.
[close]

5th Matchday: Spain vs Benelux
To most, one of the closest and most entertaining encounters of this group stage. After beating the Germanic Countries, the Benelux team had a chance to instantly qualify to the semi-finals. But that was without taking the Spaniards into account. Those came with great numbers, and with a fierce motivation to beat the Belgian and Dutch players. A task that was not easy at all, since the rounds were always very close, as well as the score. But the Spanish team finally came through this challenge with a victory over Benelux, 8-6. The match lasted for about 2 hours, and both teams really can be congratulated for their performance.
[close]
5th Matchday: France vs United Kingdom
A match that surely could have been as close and tense as Spain vs Benelux, but was not afterall. After 4 very close rounds, in which both British and French showed great skills and great wills to win, the French team started dominating their opponents, not giving them any chances. Despite some great individual skills by the UK players, the powerful teamplay spirit of the French team prevailed: 8-2 to France. This match had little in-game though, since it only was played to decide who would be 1st and who would be 2nd of Group B, both teams were already qualified before fighting.
[close]

6th Matchday: Germanic Countries vs Spain
After losing to Benelux, the Germanic team had no choice but to get a very very important victory against the Spanish team. They all knew that, and as we can guess all their players were very motivated, and played in that very way. This match was a very close and tense one, but the Spaniards did not manage to defeat the Germanic players as they did Benelux. The match ended up on the Germanic Countries taking an important advantage, both skill and points-wise. The match ended up with a 8-4 victory to the Germanic Countries, a score that allows them to go to the final stage, by one point more than Spain in the points difference. A frustrating result for Spain, but a result they can be proud of nonetheless, since they fought until the very end, showing great skills all the way.
[close]
6th Matchday: Benelux vs Russia & Ukraine
This was the occasion for the Benelux team to secure their first place in group A, no mistake could be made. And fortunately for Clausewitz and his men, none was made that day, and despite some difficulties due to the Russo-Ukrainians showing great skills on the pitch, a 8-0 victory was caught by Benelux. This result put them in 1st position, which leads them to facing the United Kingdom in the semi-final. A match that surely will be interesting and very tense. As it is for many other teams, the tournament ends for the Russian & Ukrainian team. It was a great pleasure to welcome them into the event for the very first time.
[close]
6th Matchday: Italy vs Czech Republic & Slovakia
Both teams' last match in this year's Cavalry Nations Cup. No particular in-game, this was a match simply played for fun and enjoyement. The overall mood of the match was excellent, with players joking with each other and such. On the pitch we could see a pretty good fight, between a sharp Italian side and the Czech & Slovakian team. The match ended on a 8-2 victory to Italy, which probably is for the Italian a good way to finish this tournament and to keep a good memory of it.
[close]

- Interview -

This week's interviewed captain is Caylor.

Caylor, captain of the Germanic Countries:

Spoiler
Q. It is your first ever CNC as the captain of the Germanic Countries (two previous editions: Cooper). How do you feel about being in this position ?

Caylor: I once played before in 2014, I haven't played last year. I first spoke with all the members, as I knew I would like to be in this position. I asked for opinions about me leading the teams, and the answers I had were positive, I did not have many problems being accepted as their leader. I feel quite good about being in this position, I hope my team feels the same way and is happy to have me as its captain.

Q. The Germanic Countries have always been a powerful team in the Cavalry Nations Cup, finishing 3rd in 2014 and 2nd in 2015. Did you feel any particular pressure about that fact on your team or yourself ?

Caylor: I kind of felt a lot of pressure, because it is my first time being the captain. I have to be as good as cooper and lead it as good as he did, because he did a very good job in the past: we reached the final with him. I would like to go as far as he went, and come up to the expectations people have of the team.

Your team has won a very very important match against Spain. How did you prepare for that match, and how did you find your team during the fight ?

Caylor: We did not have a lot of preparation for this match (no friendly match against Spain). A bit of CavalryGroupFighting before the match, and a few fights against heavies was the preparation we had. We played a 1v1 against the 14pk, with my regiment, the Nr.3. Before the match I told my men to be very careful, not to go for dismounted or to get caught in the "circle of death" of the heavy cav formation. The first few rounds were really close, because we hadnd't played a match for 2 weeks so we were a bit rusty, but then it got better, and we started winning rounds and fighting better, and now I'm really happy and proud of my men, because we just beat one of the strongest team of the tournament with a good result.

Q. Surely this result against Spain was a relief to you and your team, since that defeat against Benelux did put your team in a quite difficult position. How did you feel about losing this match to the Benelux ? How did you motivate your team to carry on after that result ?

Caylor: After losing to Benelux we felt really bad because we were confident, we had won a friendly match against them before, so we were quite surprised. We felt pretty bad about that, it was a very important match and we had lost it. However I told my men to stay focused, to look forward to our next matches, especially the one against Spain, and to be ready to win what we needed to win to reach the semi finals.

Q. Benelux has beaten Russia & Ukraine by 8-0, which means they will be in the first position of group A, and you will be second. This leads you to facing the first team of group B in the semi-finals: France. How do you feel about that match to come against the reigning champions of the cup ?

Caylor: France is the opponent that most of our team fear. We have lost last year against them in the final. However, this year we had a friendly against France and we lost 8-7, which is a really really close result. This motivated us and showed us that we are able to beat the French team, to come really close to it. We know it will be one of the hardest match we'll have to play, but we'll prepare for it as best as we can and we'll try to put up a good fight against France.
[close]
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 01, 2016, 01:09:25 am »
First semi-final result:

France |8-5| Germanic Countries

We know the first of the two teams that will play the final for the title. Congrats to both teams, it was a quite alright match. The Germanic Countries still have the bronze final for the third place to play, we will know their opponent after the second semi-final is played.
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
« Reply #441 on: May 03, 2016, 03:39:08 pm »
Alright, so its time for my final comment about Italy's Nations Cup 2016. I will further comment on the semifinals and final I guess but won't be as detailed and judging as about my own team obviously.

Congratulations
First of all, I would like to thank the following members of the ITA team which actually took part and showed interest in the competition. Unfortunately they are only about half of the members that I enrolled in the team :(. Un sentito Grazie a Frank, Mkunz98, Gyo, Kleist, Tarquinius, Wildkeeper, Orso, Filippo, Stefano and, though joining late, Marcus. To these players I extend my gratitude and compliments. I am really proud of you guys, you kept the Italian flag high amidst all difficulties. Without you, no Italian team would have been possible. To those I did not mention I say that they could have shown way more interest, otherwise I dont see the point of why they accepted my offer of a place in the team in the first place. A wasted opportunity for playing together and feeling part of a team. :(

On the Choice of Cuirassiers.
It is a hotly debated issue whether cuirassiers are stronger than hussars or viceversa. It is clear that both classes can be led to victory as shown by Poland and France, yet it seems that in the last period the balance would tip more in the hussars' favour. I have got some ideas as to why this may be and in hindsight I think that I overestimated cuirassiers a little bit, though I still think they are very strong. At least, by playing heavy I forced the 'naturally' individualist Italian players (:P) to try and play more like a team. Superated the initial difficulties, I believe the team improved visibly in esprit de corp and of this I rejoice.
On the whole, playing as cuirassiers was a really nice experience for me and my men (I hope) and a worthy  decision to be made. I sincerely doubt we would have done better with hussars. We even lost in friendly against CZESLO as hussars :D After a couple matches even the most traditionally 'hussar-like' player of our team, Frank, showed remarkable heavy cav skills in the match against Poland. There he clucthed an entire round alone and afterwards he fought with me as we clutched another point against 6-7 Poles.

On the whole Cavalry Nations Cup
I would like to thank the organisers, referees and all participants that made this Cup possible. Thank you all! It was a very nice experience and it was awesome to see new nations take the field. Good job Czechoslovakia and Russia for making it in this cup!
Our group was a tough one and the gap between our team and the Uk/French one is too wide. Applying the materialist, deterministic conception of history of Montesquieu, I would say that 'it is not chance that rules the world. There are general causes, moral and physical, which act in every monarchy, elevating it, maintaining it or hurling it to the ground.' (Considerations on the causes of the Greatness of the Romans and their Decline, 1734). Paraphrasing monarchy with National team, moral causes with total number of hours spent on Cav Gf and physical causes with quality of connection I would say that his analysis fits Cavalry Tournaments pretty well :D
Anyway, I congratulate the four semifinalists. They were probably the best of their teams, together with Spain who beat the first team in Group A but didn't qualify (would be nice to see the qualifying system, it would be more transparent ;) ) Every victory is not to be taken for granted: concentration and hard work is required each time.

That said, I think an interesting idea for the future would be to have historical tournaments where players would play for the nations of 1815 according to which nation the place they were born in belonged to in 1815. There would be Prussia, Austria-hungary and Russia. The case of Poland would be very interesting as its players would scatter among the latter three powers. It would be nice to see how the balance of power (cavalry skill) would thus shift, since in the current situation it is pretty clear that France enjoys a pretty large preponderance. In 1815 setup, France while still be as strong as now (ok French players from Nice/Savoie would play for Sardinia-Piedmont but I dont think that would be a nation anyway), it would face much tougher opponents, which after World War One were shattered into a myriad of smaller nations states in East-Central Europe which both in 20th century history and in-game now are a bit of a cakewalk (except from Poland) for their other European opponents.  ;)

That's it from Captain Piccolomini of the Italian team for now. May honour and strength be with you, reader and fighter.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:10:50 pm by Piccolomini »
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline stefano.camuccio

• Sergeant Major
  • 47th_Kgm_Stefano
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 03, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »
<3 Piccolo :D

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2016, 04:27:42 pm »
Applying the materialist, deterministic conception of history of Montesquieu, I would say that 'it is not chance that rules the world. There are general causes, moral and physical, which act in every monarchy, elevating it, maintaining it or hurling it to the ground.' (Considerations on the causes of the Greatness of the Romans and their Decline, 1734). Paraphrasing monarchy with National team, moral causes with total number of hours spent on Cav Gf and physical causes with quality of connection I would say that his analysis fits Cavalry Tournaments pretty well :D

When I heard the learn’d Puccolomini,   
When the quotes, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I, sitting, heard the Puccolomini, where he lectured with much applause in the FSE board,   
How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick,            
Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself,   
In the mystical moist night-air of cav GF, and from time to time,   
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #444 on: May 03, 2016, 11:36:43 pm »

Anyway, I congratulate the four semifinalists. They were probably the best of their teams, together with Spain who beat the first team in Group A but didn't qualify (would be nice to see the qualifying system, it would be more transparent ;) ) Every victory is not to be taken for granted: concentration and hard work is required each time.

We all had 3 wins, so the difference in rounds won and rounds lost is what counts. The Germanic Countries and Benelux had a superior difference in rounds won and rounds lost.

Credits to Erik for the stats:

Germanic Countries:

8+8+4+8 = 28 rounds won
1+8+4 = 13 rounds lost
Total: +15.

Spain:

8+8+8+4 = 28 rounds won
6+8 = 14 rounds lost
Total: +14.

Benelux:

8+8+6+8 = 30 rounds won
4+8 = 12 rounds lost
Total: +18.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:44:16 pm by Von_Clausewitz »

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2016, 12:07:41 am »
So when exactly can we start rattling our sabres outside the British embassy?

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 04, 2016, 12:24:27 am »

We all had 3 wins, so the difference in rounds won and rounds lost is what counts. The Germanic Countries and Benelux had a superior difference in rounds won and rounds lost.

Credits to Erik for the stats:

Germanic Countries:

8+8+4+8 = 28 rounds won
1+8+4 = 13 rounds lost
Total: +15.

Spain:

8+8+8+4 = 28 rounds won
6+8 = 14 rounds lost
Total: +14.

Benelux:

8+8+6+8 = 30 rounds won
4+8 = 12 rounds lost
Total: +18.

Ty for the info. Its nice to see how it works. In the past I thought the result of the direct match would count but then again it wouldn't solve the rock, paper scissor you did there (Spain beat BNL, BNL beat Germany and Germany beat Spain: gg guys you made the unbreakable tie :D)

So when exactly can we start rattling our sabres outside the British embassy?
I guess the British embassy keeps relocating and Clausewitz cant find it :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:26:28 am by Piccolomini »
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2016, 10:25:54 pm »
Match: uk vs ben
Date & Hour: 8th sunday 7pm gmt

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 07, 2016, 11:02:21 pm »
Took your time  :P
Anyway looking forward to knowing who will contest France this year. Either way it won't be Poland or Germany like in 2014-15.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:04:30 pm by Piccolomini »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2016, 11:17:54 pm »
Took your time  :P
Anyway looking forward to knowing who will contest France this year. Either way it won't be Poland or Germany like in 2014-15.

True, whoever faces France in the final, will be playing their first ever final. Pretty great to see a new challenger every year. Tomorrow's match should be a good match, best of luck to both teams :)
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik