Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞ United Kingdom 2016 Champions !  (Read 94689 times)

Offline Graf_Maximus

• Second Lieutenant
  • Major General of 2y Cavalry-Infantry Brigade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Graf-Maximus
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2016, 11:34:03 am »
Admin,could you delete Yoda fron RU team pls

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2016, 01:24:25 pm »
Admin,could you delete Yoda fron RU team pls

Yes, done :)

Good luck to Russia/Ukraine and Spain for the last match of this week.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »
Spain |8-0| Russia & Ukraine

Congrats to both teams !
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2016, 06:55:12 pm »
Congratulations Spain, was cool to watch.

Spoiler
Piotes needs no training.  8)
[close]
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2016, 01:12:08 am »

This is new to the Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup. Every sunday, when all the matches of the week have been played, we will post reviews of these matches, so any person who hasn't been able to spectate the fights can know the way everything went down.
Added to those matches reviews, we will post two interviews. Every week we will interview two captains, one of each group, to ask him questions regarding the tournament and his own team.

All of this is new to us, and we are trying something here. This is done for your own enjoyment, and we hope you will like the idea and the way it is done. Any kind of feedback is appreciated, do not hesitate to post on the thread to say what you think, no matter if it's positive or negative feedback.

- Matches Reviews -

Germanic Countries vs Turkey
This match was the opening match of the 2016 CNC. On one side were the Germanic Countries. This team is one of the favourite teams of this tournament, considering the fact that they reached the final in 2015, against France. Facing them was the Turkish team. This team first appeared in last year's CNC, they did not participate in 2014. Led by Caucasian, the Turks gave a really tough start to the Germanic Countries. Although the Germans were one man down during the first round, the Turks really played in an excellent way, nearly winning it, which would have been a surprise to all. However the Germans finally were the ones to win the first round, and as we could have guessed, they didn't give any more chances to the Turkish team in the rounds that followed. The match ended in a 8-0 win for the Germanic Countries, who put up a solid performance against the Turks, who fought well and until the end despite having ping issues, that hopefully we will be able to fix by their next match.
[close]
United Kingdom vs Czech Republic & Slovakia
The Czechs & Slovakians are entirely new to the tournament. Like the Turks, not all of their players are from the cavalry community, because there are simply not enough of them. The United Kingdom, who has had a bad experience in last year's CNC, losing in the groups stage and not reaching the semi-finals, really showed their will to put up a way better performance this year. And no mistake was made from the Brits, who played every round the same way, by playing agressively and collectively. An 8-0 victory, and a job well done for the British team, which will certainly hope to keep going the same way in their upcoming matches. The Czech team fought until the very end, never making things easy for the United Kingdom.
[close]

France vs Poland
Without any doubt the most important of this week's matches. France vs Poland is a fight that never disappoints. Some remember the 2014 final, won by Poland after a painful match against the French. Others remember the 2015 revenge of the french team. This year's match did not disappoint either. The French, who are clearly acting as favourites in this year's edition of the CNC, having won last year and fielding a quite solid team this year too, faced a good and well organized Polish team. Showing great skills in the execution of the famous 'circle' heavy cavalry tactic, the Poles gave the French a hard time winning every round. An 8-2 victory for the french, in a match where everything had to be hardly fought for, and which makes us really look forward to both France and Poland's next matches.
[close]
Spain vs Russia & Ukraine
Then again, this match made a brand new team, Russia & Ukraine, face a veteran one, the Spanish team, that has been playing the CNC since 2014, always with the same captain, the same unit, and the same excellent results. The Spaniards did not disappoint, and struck the Russo-Ukrainians hard from round 1 to the very end of the match. Their sharp organization, added to the individually skilled players they have, was the key to Spain's 8-0 victory. The Russians put up a quite enjoyable fight to watch, fighting with honour and charging quite gallantly into the Spaniards facing them. A great spirit overall, which we hope, will be kept throughout the whole tournament.
[close]

- Interviews -

As said before, two captains, one from each group, will be interviewed every week. Those interviews happened on TS, their answers were then written. Both the captains have read all their answers and have agreed to them.
This week's interviewed captains are Caucasian and Tardet.

Caucasian, captain of Turkey:

Spoiler
Q. Your team is part of group A, alongside the Germanic Countries, Spain, Russia & Ukraine and Benelux. What comment would you give about this group and the Turkish team in it ?

Caucasian: The two groups are balanced. In group A we may not be favourites, but we will try out best. We know it's not gonna be easy, because the Germanic Countries, Spain and Benelux are very strong, but we will try and put up a fight against them for sure...

Q. The Turkish community is quite important and massive in the Native part of M&B, but not so much in NW. Was gathering a turkish team a hard task for you and your vice-captain ?

Caucasian: It was a pretty hard thing to do actually, because there are not many turkish cavalry players in NW, a lot of my players are from infantry. We had to train them, how to ride, how to fight on horse etc. They already have experience in infantry, but not cavalry, so the job was definitely not an easy one. But at the end, even if it was hard we managed to gather 21 members in the team, and we'll try to get the best out of them in our matches.

Q. You've played the opening match of the CNC, and not an easy one since it was against the Germanic Countries. How did you prepare for it and what did you tell your men before the match ?

Caucasian: We've had some friendly matches against other nations and regiments. I also told my men to spend a lot of time on CavGF. During the match I told them to stay calm and focused, not to panick and make mistakes. On the pitch I was trying to give them tips, to help them as best I could, while fighting.

Q. The first round against Germany was really close and you guys nearly won it. The rest of the match was much harder. How did you and the team feel throughout the whole match and at the end of it ?

Caucasian: The first round was a close one for sure, but losing it made it hard for us. However I told my men to remain calm and keep playing, and that's what we did, we refused to give up. Germany was better than us and it was no surprise that they won, we know that.

Q. Is there any match that you are particularly looking forward to playing and winning ?

Caucasian: We are looking forward to the match against Russia & Ukraine. We feel that we can beat them, and we will do everything we can to achieve that.
[close]

Tardet, captain of France:

Spoiler
Q. France has won last year's CNC, and only has lost one match since 2014. Those stats clearly give you the role of favourite to the champions title this year. How do you approach this year's edition with that pressure on the team ?

Tardet: We are rather confident in ourselves. The stats that you gave help us to be that way. We know we have a good team, although I find it less strong than the team we had last year. However, we're going to bear our favourite role, and we won't take any extra pressure because of it. We won't let ourselves become arrogant and cocky, we know there will be some really complicated matches to play, and some easier ones. But we know we will play every match 100% in order to try and defend our title.

Q. You have started this competition by fighting Poland. With the years, this match has become kind of a "classic" in the CNC. Poland beat France in the 2014 final, then France ruled Poland out of the groups stage in 2015. How did you prepare and what was your mentality for that match ?

Tardet: We are aware that Poland is one of the best teams in the competition, and that we would be under pressure fighting them, since it was our first match. But we also knew that we would be released of that pressure after the match, which is a good thing. We wanted to have a friendly match against the Spanish team, a heavy cavalry one, to train before the match, but sadly enough it could not happen.

Q. The match finally ended on an 8-2 victory for France. How do you feel about that result ?

Tardet: The Polish team is very strong, no doubt about that. They played with a tactic that they used in 2014 and which made us lose the final. But that was two years ago, and nowadays we know how this tactic works. The map, unlike 2014, doesn't help them here, and that's what helped us to counter their tactic and win. We knew the Poles were dangerous because they are skilled players, but their strategy itself was not so big of a threat anymore. At the end of the day each round was really close and tense, but we managed to find a way to win nearly everytime.

Q. France is part of group B, alongside the United Kingdom, Italy, the Czech Republic & Slovakia, and Poland. What comment can you give about this group ?

Tardet: It is a tough group and we are aware of it. There are some very good teams in it, the United Kingdom and Poland. The match against the UK will be a huge challenge but I think we are ready. Italy went heavy cavalry, this might be dangerous for us because it's new, but I believe that after the match against Poland, we will be up for the task. The Czechs and Slovakians are new to the competition, I really don't know much about their cavalry community, so we will see. As I said, we will fight every match intensly.

Q. What is your philosophy as a team Captain ?

Tardet: I give the same importance to everyone in the team, I don't have any preference. I have a group of veteran players, which I work with to be efficient. France has a good team, I take all the things we've done in the past into account to try and do my best. In the team I mostly do organization work, I'm not always the one managing the team on the field, but I'm the one who decides who spawns in and who doesn't. Once this is done, the team is independent enough to know what it has to do.
[close]
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2016, 10:24:38 am »
Spoiler

This is new to the Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup. Every sunday, when all the matches of the week have been played, we will post reviews of these matches, so any person who hasn't been able to spectate the fights can know the way everything went down.
Added to those matches reviews, we will post two interviews. Every week we will interview two captains, one of each group, to ask him questions regarding the tournament and his own team.

All of this is new to us, and we are trying something here. This is done for your own enjoyment, and we hope you will like the idea and the way it is done. Any kind of feedback is appreciated, do not hesitate to post on the thread to say what you think, no matter if it's positive or negative feedback.

- Matches Reviews -

Germanic Countries vs Turkey
This match was the opening match of the 2016 CNC. On one side were the Germanic Countries. This team is one of the favourite teams of this tournament, considering the fact that they reached the final in 2015, against France. Facing them was the Turkish team. This team first appeared in last year's CNC, they did not participate in 2014. Led by Caucasian, the Turks gave a really tough start to the Germanic Countries. Although the Germans were one man down during the first round, the Turks really played in an excellent way, nearly winning it, which would have been a surprise to all. However the Germans finally were the ones to win the first round, and as we could have guessed, they didn't give any more chances to the Turkish team in the rounds that followed. The match ended in a 8-0 win for the Germanic Countries, who put up a solid performance against the Turks, who fought well and until the end despite having ping issues, that hopefully we will be able to fix by their next match.
[close]
United Kingdom vs Czech Republic & Slovakia
The Czechs & Slovakians are entirely new to the tournament. Like the Turks, not all of their players are from the cavalry community, because there are simply not enough of them. The United Kingdom, who has had a bad experience in last year's CNC, losing in the groups stage and not reaching the semi-finals, really showed their will to put up a way better performance this year. And no mistake was made from the Brits, who played every round the same way, by playing agressively and collectively. An 8-0 victory, and a job well done for the British team, which will certainly hope to keep going the same way in their upcoming matches. The Czech team fought until the very end, never making things easy for the United Kingdom.
[close]

France vs Poland
Without any doubt the most important of this week's matches. France vs Poland is a fight that never disappoints. Some remember the 2014 final, won by Poland after a painful match against the French. Others remember the 2015 revenge of the french team. This year's match did not disappoint either. The French, who are clearly acting as favourites in this year's edition of the CNC, having won last year and fielding a quite solid team this year too, faced a good and well organized Polish team. Showing great skills in the execution of the famous 'circle' heavy cavalry tactic, the Poles gave the French a hard time winning every round. An 8-2 victory for the french, in a match where everything had to be hardly fought for, and which makes us really look forward to both France and Poland's next matches.
[close]
Spain vs Russia & Ukraine
Then again, this match made a brand new team, Russia & Ukraine, face a veteran one, the Spanish team, that has been playing the CNC since 2014, always with the same captain, the same unit, and the same excellent results. The Spaniards did not disappoint, and struck the Russo-Ukrainians hard from round 1 to the very end of the match. Their sharp organization, added to the individually skilled players they have, was the key to Spain's 8-0 victory. The Russians put up a quite enjoyable fight to watch, fighting with honour and charging quite gallantly into the Spaniards facing them. A great spirit overall, which we hope, will be kept throughout the whole tournament.
[close]

- Interviews -

As said before, two captains, one from each group, will be interviewed every week. Those interviews happened on TS, their answers were then written. Both the captains have read all their answers and have agreed to them.
This week's interviewed captains are Caucasian and Tardet.

Caucasian, captain of Turkey:

Spoiler
Q. Your team is part of group A, alongside the Germanic Countries, Spain, Russia & Ukraine and Benelux. What comment would you give about this group and the Turkish team in it ?

Caucasian: The two groups are balanced. In group A we may not be favourites, but we will try out best. We know it's not gonna be easy, because the Germanic Countries, Spain and Benelux are very strong, but we will try and put up a fight against them for sure...

Q. The Turkish community is quite important and massive in the Native part of M&B, but not so much in NW. Was gathering a turkish team a hard task for you and your vice-captain ?

Caucasian: It was a pretty hard thing to do actually, because there are not many turkish cavalry players in NW, a lot of my players are from infantry. We had to train them, how to ride, how to fight on horse etc. They already have experience in infantry, but not cavalry, so the job was definitely not an easy one. But at the end, even if it was hard we managed to gather 21 members in the team, and we'll try to get the best out of them in our matches.

Q. You've played the opening match of the CNC, and not an easy one since it was against the Germanic Countries. How did you prepare for it and what did you tell your men before the match ?

Caucasian: We've had some friendly matches against other nations and regiments. I also told my men to spend a lot of time on CavGF. During the match I told them to stay calm and focused, not to panick and make mistakes. On the pitch I was trying to give them tips, to help them as best I could, while fighting.

Q. The first round against Germany was really close and you guys nearly won it. The rest of the match was much harder. How did you and the team feel throughout the whole match and at the end of it ?

Caucasian: The first round was a close one for sure, but losing it made it hard for us. However I told my men to remain calm and keep playing, and that's what we did, we refused to give up. Germany was better than us and it was no surprise that they won, we know that.

Q. Is there any match that you are particularly looking forward to playing and winning ?

Caucasian: We are looking forward to the match against Russia & Ukraine. We feel that we can beat them, and we will do everything we can to achieve that.
[close]

Tardet, captain of France:

Spoiler
Q. France has won last year's CNC, and only has lost one match since 2014. Those stats clearly give you the role of favourite to the champions title this year. How do you approach this year's edition with that pressure on the team ?

Tardet: We are rather confident in ourselves. The stats that you gave help us to be that way. We know we have a good team, although I find it less strong than the team we had last year. However, we're going to bear our favourite role, and we won't take any extra pressure because of it. We won't let ourselves become arrogant and cocky, we know there will be some really complicated matches to play, and some easier ones. But we know we will play every match 100% in order to try and defend our title.

Q. You have started this competition by fighting Poland. With the years, this match has become kind of a "classic" in the CNC. Poland beat France in the 2014 final, then France ruled Poland out of the groups stage in 2015. How did you prepare and what was your mentality for that match ?

Tardet: We are aware that Poland is one of the best teams in the competition, and that we would be under pressure fighting them, since it was our first match. But we also knew that we would be released of that pressure after the match, which is a good thing. We wanted to have a friendly match against the Spanish team, a heavy cavalry one, to train before the match, but sadly enough it could not happen.

Q. The match finally ended on an 8-2 victory for France. How do you feel about that result ?

Tardet: The Polish team is very strong, no doubt about that. They played with a tactic that they used in 2014 and which made us lose the final. But that was two years ago, and nowadays we know how this tactic works. The map, unlike 2014, doesn't help them here, and that's what helped us to counter their tactic and win. We knew the Poles were dangerous because they are skilled players, but their strategy itself was not so big of a threat anymore. At the end of the day each round was really close and tense, but we managed to find a way to win nearly everytime.

Q. France is part of group B, alongside the United Kingdom, Italy, the Czech Republic & Slovakia, and Poland. What comment can you give about this group ?

Tardet: It is a tough group and we are aware of it. There are some very good teams in it, the United Kingdom and Poland. The match against the UK will be a huge challenge but I think we are ready. Italy went heavy cavalry, this might be dangerous for us because it's new, but I believe that after the match against Poland, we will be up for the task. The Czechs and Slovakians are new to the competition, I really don't know much about their cavalry community, so we will see. As I said, we will fight every match intensly.

Q. What is your philosophy as a team Captain ?

Tardet: I give the same importance to everyone in the team, I don't have any preference. I have a group of veteran players, which I work with to be efficient. France has a good team, I take all the things we've done in the past into account to try and do my best. In the team I mostly do organization work, I'm not always the one managing the team on the field, but I'm the one who decides who spawns in and who doesn't. Once this is done, the team is independent enough to know what it has to do.
[close]
[close]

This is excellent, a great new addition to the CNC :)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54:24 am »
Excellent work Erik.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2016, 11:59:52 am »
That's fantastic  :D hope to see more interviews in the future (maybe one per match/4 a week if it's possible?)
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2016, 07:30:41 pm »
Benelux Team Edit:

Add: Advide

Remove: Timlef

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 21, 2016, 07:55:41 pm »
Benelux Team Edit:

Add: Advide

Remove: Timlef

Done.

This is excellent, a great new addition to the CNC :)
Excellent work Erik.
That's fantastic  :D hope to see more interviews in the future (maybe one per match/4 a week if it's possible?)

Thanks for the positive feedback ! Highly appreciated. About doing more interviews, I don't know yet if I will have enough time for it, with university kicking, the 4e to manage and every other CNC stuff to deal with. But well I'll do my best, and if it's really a thing people like I'll do my best to give them more of that.
In any way thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1roCR_Cor_Paulin
« Reply #310 on: March 21, 2016, 10:47:26 pm »

- Matchday n°2 -

Group A :

Free Week

Group B :

Free Week

Thank you !

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2016, 11:24:06 pm »
Uh United Kingdom ... that will be interesting :D
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2016, 10:07:30 am »
Uh United Kingdom ... that will be interesting :D

It will indeed.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2016, 11:33:49 am »
Erik just a question your flags that you use for the rosters look quite good, are they yours or did you find them somewhere? If you have can you pls gib link ^^

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »
Erik just a question your flags that you use for the rosters look quite good, are they yours or did you find them somewhere? If you have can you pls gib link ^^

I will send you a private message to give you my sources and the work I've done with them. I'll give you the links aswell if you want :)
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik