Author Topic: [NW][M] War of 1812: [Downloads]  (Read 230088 times)

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M] War of 1812: [Downloads]
« Reply #1395 on: October 11, 2017, 01:53:53 pm »
Also, I suggest you name the canadian fencibles to the New Brunswick Fencibles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_New_Brunswick_Regiment#The_War_of_1812, Although they became the 104th (Brunswick) Regiment of Foot in 1810, they had buff facings.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:00:13 pm by thepenguin »

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 29, 2018, 12:51:42 am »
Also, I suggest you name the canadian fencibles to the New Brunswick Fencibles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_New_Brunswick_Regiment#The_War_of_1812, Although they became the 104th (Brunswick) Regiment of Foot in 1810, they had buff facings.

It was a close call not to add the 104th New Brunswick Regiment of foot. Ultimately, we went with the Canadian Fencibles because they had one more battle honor than the 104th.

Offline leonid2467

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 09, 2021, 12:30:05 am »
Does the mod only work on the steam version?  Was thinking about trying it on the Xbox Game Pass PC version.

Thanks!

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 09, 2021, 02:39:36 am »
Does the mod only work on the steam version?  Was thinking about trying it on the Xbox Game Pass PC version.

Thanks!

I do not know the path to the modules folder of Warband Napoleonic Wars on the application you are using. If you can find it, pasting the extracted War of 1812 folder from the download on the first post of this thread into the modules folder should allow you to run the mod if you are using a PC to run the game.

Offline leonid2467

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 09, 2021, 03:21:25 am »
Ah - thanks, the Mod folder shouldn't be too hard to find.

I have downloaded the War of 1812.exe file from the first post.  When I run it, it tells me to buy the Napleonic War Module (which I have).

I have been able to connect to a regular Napoleonic server. When I re-run the setup I get the same error.

I have tried a couple of ways of extracting the files from the .exe (assuming it's a self-extracting archive). I've had no luck so far. Usually 7-Zip handles that OK, but not in this case.

Are the mod files available in a non-exe file somewhere? Or do you have any tips on extracting them?

Thanks in advance,

J

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 09, 2021, 04:28:44 am »

I have downloaded the War of 1812.exe file from the first post.  When I run it, it tells me to buy the Napleonic War Module (which I have).

I have been able to connect to a regular Napoleonic server. When I re-run the setup I get the same error.

I have tried a couple of ways of extracting the files from the .exe (assuming it's a self-extracting archive). I've had no luck so far. Usually 7-Zip handles that OK, but not in this case.

Are the mod files available in a non-exe file somewhere? Or do you have any tips on extracting them?

Thanks in advance,

J

The mod downloads were actually set up by another member of the mod team. His name on this forum is usnavy30. I forgot that he had set up the download as an exe file. Send him a PM and see if he can't provide you with another link to a download without the exe file in it for non-steam users.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 04:36:42 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline leonid2467

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 11, 2021, 09:00:17 pm »
If anyone has the unpacked files for me to try installing manually, please let me know.

Many Thanks!

J.

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 27, 2022, 02:18:11 am »
Bump.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1403 on: March 15, 2023, 12:43:07 am »

Thanks in advance,

J

The mod downloads were actually set up by another member of the mod team. His name on this forum is usnavy30. I forgot that he had set up the download as an exe file. Send him a PM and see if he can't provide you with another link to a download without the exe file in it for non-steam users.
Hello Blitz, long time no see. I am around and as usual will sort this out upon checking the forum.
If anyone has the unpacked files for me to try installing manually, please let me know.

Many Thanks!

J.
I will take a look. In the meantime, just download the mod from Steam Workshop if you can, it will manually download the files to the Modules directory.
Bump.
Bump acknowledged.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.