Author Topic: The Interesting Places Thread  (Read 7444 times)

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
  • Side: Union
Re: The Interesting Places Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 11:50:31 pm »
Punaluu Black Sand Beach, Hawaii.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 10:26:35 am »
Rothenburg, Germany
[close]

I've been to Rothenburg recently in September, around the time when they had medieval reenactment inside the town. Which was pretty awesome atmosphere to browse around. However they have standing city wall and you can walk around them. The history of this and the length of history amaze me just because i'm simply american. Oldest thing I've been to is Civil war and Colonial parts. But this go way back to 1600's and stuff like that. Amazing, awesome town. Hell I recommend any small town in Germany, especially Bavaria, great beer and great food. Oh also not to mention they have medieval criminal museum where you can see the Iron Maiden. (not the band, the metal coffin that spike you all over the body)

Würzburg, Germany
[close]

10 minute away from my family's hometown. Awesome city, rich with History. Hell Germany is rich with history. But yes, here in Würzburg, you will find excellent Biergarten by the Festung Marienburg, where I had the best Radler during lunch (half beer and half lemon juice-soda bit) and there is a gorgeous palace in there as well filled with art and royalty stuff if you like. Not to mention great town square too, so many great snack stand and beer natürlich! 

Berlin, Germany
[close]

Though not exactly Interesting as you may think. I meant interesting as many other with awesome freak of nature. Not that sort of interesting. Just normal culturally interesting is to be found in Berlin. I've spend a week and half in Friedrichshain neighborhood. The Graffitti are all over the place, honestly you would think its a shitty place. But when the opening hours arrive, that shitty place with "KEIN NAZI, NAZI RAUS" (No Nazis, Nazis Out!) or bunch of failed spelling of english curse word, just become a local food jewel. So many wonders under the ugliness of apperance. And Everyone is all cool and calm. Berlin Bleibt Doch Berlin (Berlin Stays Berlin). The History is super rich, Third Reich, Stasi, Charlie Checkpoint, Alexanderplatz, Frederichstraße, Glorious Museum, and the food is rich. Mein Gott, it remain my number one favorite city in the world. I want to go back soon and find me a Berliner  ;D

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 10:45:57 am »
It becomes more awesome if you have something like this, and been there yourself...
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »
Somewhere in the Great Dividing Range in Australia, the forest across the fence might have been chopped down or something, but it looks nice anyways

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 08:37:29 pm »
Somewhere in the Great Dividing Range in Australia, the forest across the fence might have been chopped down or something, but it looks nice anyways

Spoiler
[close]
That looks really awesome, but behind each rock and tree is a dinner-plate-sized spider waiting to murder you with his kangaroo-snake friends.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 05:15:03 am »

That looks really awesome, but behind each rock and tree is a dinner-plate-sized spider waiting to murder you with his kangaroo-snake friends.

Yes probably, everything can kill you in that god-forsaken country (still a very nice place though)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 11:51:03 pm »
I would really like to visit Romania one day. All that old castles.