Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 52178 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Drugs
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2013, 02:36:46 pm »
Many crimes made under drugs influence, when drug user loses control.

Many crimes are done under the influence of alcohol as well. You can't have two standards.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »
I just read nothing but a page of serious and comedy insults. Get serious with the discussion at hand people. Keep your passions and hardcore opinions to private messages :).

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »
I just read nothing but a page of serious and comedy insults. Get serious with the discussion at hand people. Keep your passions and hardcore opinions to private messages :).
.....What?!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2013, 04:08:51 pm »
I am not kidding. Nobody mentioned anything serious but drugs. Just some cheap insults and your mother jokes.

If you guys aren't going to be vaguely serious and discuss the subject of the thread I'm going to have to close it as you are just wasting time and broadband.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2013, 04:13:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure the intellectual discussion died when Maccius stepped in.  ;)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »
Yeah well, after this post you guys start talking and behaving normal again. Otherwise I'm taking away this thread. Don't make me take away the thread.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2013, 07:06:14 pm »
Many drugs can trigger underlying mental disorders like schizophrenia, depression, and some others, so even someone who has healthy mental health can develop symptoms of some of these disorders after only doing the drug once
That's another reason to never even try them once because they could give you some serious problems even if you take them with consideration and aren't addicted

Many drugs, yes, however marijuana simply does not have the potency to do any of those things, and, quite on the contrary, has the effect of treating depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and other serious mental illnesses. Now, I know marijuana cannot cure these things on the long term, and as oppositionists would say, "It's only a short term fix for a long term problem", but when you think about it, what is a long term fix for these things?

Antidepressants have to be taken repeatedly every single day for them to work effectively, and they wear off after several hours, just like marijuana. Schizophrenia is nigh incurable, but it is treatable, and once again, daily doses of pharmaceutical medication are needed.

Additionally, it is pretty much impossible to develop a dependency on marijuana just from the first use, especially as many people do not even report feeling high the first time they smoke it. It is also extremely difficult to develop a dependency on marijuana on the second, third, fifteenth, thirtieth, or even hundredth time. To develop a dependency you, first of all usually need to have a pretty shitty life. Potheads generally have something in their lives to escape from, and use marijuana as a device for happiness. These people smoke every single day, and are high basically all the time, and someone of these people who I've talked to told me they have trouble remembering when they were last completely sober for an entire day. This kind of dependency, while looking horrid on paper, is actually still not life destroying. These people that I met were some of the nicest people I'd ever encountered in my life, they had a far better work ethic and GPA then I did at the time, and they were also extremely intelligent. At this point I was still uneducated about marijuana and I could not figure out for the life of me how these people, these stoner scumbags, had their lives together better than I did. I tried every chance I could to think of excuses, to look down upon them. At least I wasn't destroying my mind, At least I wasn't a stupid hippie (which they weren't, actually, I just lumped all people who smoked weed at the time in with hippie no-lifers).

Eventually, as I grew older, I began to think about things a little harder, and I began to hear things about the medical benefits of marijuana in small doses, the lack of conclusive scientific evidence supporting many of the claims made against marijuana, and, most of all, and perhaps the least rational, the wonderful immediate effects of the drug itself.

I sort of deviated away from what I was trying to say here, but basically, most of the claims made against marijuana only come into validity when referring to extremely heavy users, and even then, the effects are nowhere near as bad as they appear on paper. Additionally, the "high" effects that marijuana has are not nearly as intense and serious as people would like to believe, and it's entirely possible to function normally while high. Marijuana does not impair speech, movement, or cognitive function, and you can still think clearly while high, depedending on just how high you are.

Oh, that's another thing. Your intake of marijuana is entirely controllable. I'm not sure why people think there are just two planes - completely sober and super high. Take a few hits from a joint? You're probably either not effected very much at all or moderately buzzed, depending on how good the weed is. Smoke a whole joint? You're probably at a mid-level high, again, more or less possibly, depending on how good it is. Two joints? Pretty high. The ascent is pretty gradual, and you can control it each step of the way. It's not like once you take a single hit you're like "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING", and then you take forty thousand more hits and wake up in the hospital the next day.

Another thing I wanted to say earlier is that marijuana does not need to be smoked. There are countless possibilities for edibility, like baking it into brownies, cookies, and pancakes, and you can also use a vaporizer, which superheats the marijuana in a chamber, and then converts it into water vapor instead of smoke. This eliminates any health concerns that could come out of normal smoking, doesn't smell at all, and is also very economical, as it conserves the herb a great deal, because it is not combusting. 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:39:05 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2013, 07:30:11 pm »
You can also make tea with weed.

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2013, 08:06:03 pm »

Many drugs, yes, however marijuana simply does not have the potency to do any of those things, and, quite on the contrary, has the effect of treating depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and other serious mental illnesses.

This kind of dependency, while looking horrid on paper, is actually still not life destroying. These people that I met were some of the nicest people I'd ever encountered in my life, they had a far better work ethic and GPA then I did at the time, and they were also extremely intelligent. At this point I was still uneducated about marijuana and I could not figure out for the life of me how these people, these stoner scumbags, had their lives together better than I did. I tried every chance I could to think of excuses, to look down upon them.

Much of what I've heard and many articles I have read claim that it can cause and increases the risk of schizophrenia and other mental disorders, so I guess this is still a debated issue within science. I would not recommend anyone with these conditions to do drugs in any case, even if it has treated or lessened the symptoms for some people.

These people that I met were some of the nicest people I'd ever encountered in my life, they had a far better work ethic and GPA then I did at the time, and they were also extremely intelligent.

Well that doesn't necessarily have to be because they did drugs, it could just be because of other reasons

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2013, 08:12:45 pm »
Much of what I've heard and many articles I have read claim that it can cause and increases the risk of schizophrenia and other mental disorders, so I guess this is still a debated issue within science. I would not recommend anyone with these conditions to do drugs in any case, even if it has treated or lessened the symptoms for some people.

Yes, that's true in people who are extremely heavy users and also have past histories in mental health. Marijuana cannot give you schizophrenia, but it can make it more severe if you already have it. This is also counteracted by the fact that in low doses, marijuana can help with it. This true for literally anything in the world. It is okay to ingest it in low doses, but very bad in high doses. The level which is acceptable to ingest different things varies, obviously, as you cannot ingest the same level of cyanide and fruit and expect the same results, but it stands true on a relative basis.

Well that doesn't necessarily have to be because they did drugs, it could just be because of other reasons

Of course, I wasn't claiming otherwise. My point was that marijuana did not affect or degrade any of the positive qualities in these people.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2013, 12:25:52 pm »
You can also make tea with weed.

You completely ninja'd my serious mood.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Vespasian

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex 91st & Spartan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Lt_Vespasian
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2013, 11:08:53 pm »
Well if you smoke or dont smoke it, just dont try and steal it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpffvGQk2M[/youtube]

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2013, 01:42:44 am »
Well if you smoke or dont smoke it, just dont try and steal it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpffvGQk2M[/youtube]

wat

Offline Artaxias

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2013, 05:34:04 am »
Weed is bad for you whether it's legal or not. It's a foolish expense that brings no gain, can possibly be harmful and can lead to addiction.

The argument that alcohol is legal marijuana should be too I understand, however being an alcoholic or pothead are both stupid decisions.

I personally will steer clear of these substances and avoid that unnessecary expense. Lest, I fear, I run out of money to fund my egg nog addiction.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2013, 09:45:21 am »
It's a foolish expense that brings no gain.

So like video games for most people and movies/songs same thing right? You are saying entertainment and things that are relaxing and fun have no gain?  :o