Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 52179 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Drugs
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:30 pm »
No medicine is perfect, but replacing it with one as marijuana, which has been proven to have many negative effects for people's health, is a fallacy. Effects such as respiratory damage, risk of lung cancer, increased heart rate, reproductive damage in both sexes, immunosupression, and psychological effects such as paranoia, emotional disorders, risk of schizophrenia, loss of ability to concentrate.. addiction.. all that overshadows the temporary relief from intraocular pressure that THC gives.

This right here ^^^ proves your idiocy.
Thank you come again. :)

I could also claim you are stupid, I wouldn't have any arguments backing it either.

You are free to call me an asshole, but please don't expect me to give a shite if you don't strenghten your claim with arguments.

So, prove you point, please.
(side note, I'd call Von_bismarck incredibly stubborn, not stupid, because, unlike Maccius, Bismarck argumentates pretty well)
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2013, 12:08:42 am »
No medicine is perfect, but replacing it with one as marijuana, which has been proven to have many negative effects for people's health, is a fallacy. Effects such as respiratory damage, risk of lung cancer, increased heart rate, reproductive damage in both sexes, immunosupression, and psychological effects such as paranoia, emotional disorders, risk of schizophrenia, loss of ability to concentrate.. addiction.. all that overshadows the temporary relief from intraocular pressure that THC gives.

I could also claim you are stupid, I wouldn't have any arguments backing it either.

You are free to call me an asshole, but please don't expect me to give a shite if you don't strenghten your claim with arguments.

So, prove you point, please.
(side note, I'd call Von_bismarck incredibly stubborn, not stupid, because, unlike Maccius, Bismarck argumentates pretty well)

Did you even see my first post?
Also i do not have time to post paragraphs to argue with someone who is posting complete bullshit with nothing to support it.
You want to discuss this properly come to my teamspeak so i don't have to sit here typing up paragraphs. Bismark has the view of an extremist that has been misinformed and filled with propaganda much like i was before. Only HE can choose to educate and properly inform himself. Me posting a 5 paragraphs post will not change that.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2013, 12:09:39 am »

I'm an idiot just because I don't share your same opinion? Disappointing. I was expecting more of the typical hippie who preaches love, peace and tolerance, especially coming from someone who supports marijuana's legalization. Btw, your previous analogy is senseless, as idiots will only become more idiotic consuming drugs, not the other way around. Marijuana cannot make you smarter in any way, shape or form. Drugs kill brain cells and if anything, they make you a lot dumber and less capable. That's why most drug addicts drop out of school and are unable to continue their education in that condition. It is very harmful and unhealthy. But anyway, I think we have realized long time ago we can't reach a mutual opinion. So, this discussion is kind of pointless, especially with people like you around the thread.  :)

Walko, as I have stated before, I can't talk for all who consume marijuana. Marijuana does have those negative effects I mentioned earlier on many people who consume it and can't handle it appropriately. No, but really, I laughed off when you said evidence doesn't matter, thanks for giving a smile to my face. Then again, nothing can justify the use of poison that can kill brain's cells, and may turn people lazy and dumb. I have never understood people who consume drugs, though. Even when I believe what other person does is nothing of my concern, this has to be said. Why in your sane judgement would you put into your body a substance that reduces your lucidity, your awareness of life, your intelligence (in some cases, as I've mentioned before), your mental and physical health? It is kind of ridiculous that people needs drugs to feel better (which evolves into addiction). Though this would go against reality, as people have always needed some sort of item to feel better. So, it could be well said that my vision of an ideal world is utopic, and unrealistic in our world.

So, at this point you can take what I said previously of leaving the discussion as something null.  ;)

Marijuana when smoked is a drug. Any smoke is dangerous to the lungs; it is not needed and not natural. It can lead to the break-down of alveoli in the lungs (the part responsible for helping to exchange oxygen in the blood.) Marijuana contains 400 chemicals naturally and 2000 chemicals when smoked, 30 of which are carcinogenic (cancer-causing). The only ingredient known to have medicinal qualities is THC, one ingredient out of 2000 which means Marijuana when smoked has 1999 chemicals (including cyanide, tar, benzopyrene and carbon monoxide) that are potentially dangerous. These facts turn marijuana to be may be over 90% poison. And therefore, the dangerous chemicals found outweigh any medicinal ones. Marijuana is not proven to be a less dangerous drug- the reason this is stated is because the complete effects of Marijuana over a long period of time are just getting understood now as not a lot of studies have been conducted because the drug did not gain popularity in society until the 1960s and those who were smokers are now into their senior years. As a result new information has been coming out continuously and those who now enjoy the drug, not wanting to face withdrawal symptoms or stopping something they are familiar with and enjoy would rather continue then face the facts. The reality has little to do with making something legal or illegal- making it legal only means everybody (including young teens) will have an easier chance on getting their hands on it, just like cigarettes- which is why it is a good idea to keep it regulated. The idea here is to inform people of the facts and understand that this is something that is dangerous to the body, legally or illegally. There have been recent studies stating that Marijuana is linked to testicular cancer, immune deficiencies, slower cognitive functions, birth defects and even psychosis... just to name a few. Knowing the amount of harmful chemicals compared to any that could be medicinal proves that the idea of Marijuana helping more patients then harming- is ludicrous and similar to stating that using Lysol instead of Polysporin on a cut is helpful to the patient simply because there are ingredients in the product that help to destroy harmful bacteria even though there is a higher amount of dangerous chemicals that can cause more harm than help. 

Sources: I pretty much used sources from everywhere, including some self knowledge from the medicine school.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/07/25/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/body/mortality.html
http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34110/title/Is-Cannabis-Really-That-Bad-/

I'm doing this pretty quickly, so I'm sorry if my sources are screwed up or any typos.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2013, 12:24:22 am »

I'm an idiot just because I don't share your same opinion? Disappointing. I was expecting more of the typical hippie who preaches love, peace and tolerance, especially coming from someone who supports marijuana's legalization. Btw, your previous analogy is senseless, as idiots will only become more idiotic consuming drugs, not the other way around. Marijuana cannot make you smarter in any way, shape or form. Drugs kill brain cells and if anything, they make you a lot dumber and less capable. That's why most drug addicts drop out of school and are unable to continue their education in that condition. It is very harmful and unhealthy. But anyway, I think we have realized long time ago we can't reach a mutual opinion. So, this discussion is kind of pointless, especially with people like you around the thread.  :)

Walko, as I have stated before, I can't talk for all who consume marijuana. Marijuana does have those negative effects I mentioned earlier on many people who consume it and can't handle it appropriately. No, but really, I laughed off when you said evidence doesn't matter, thanks for giving a smile to my face. Then again, nothing can justify the use of poison that can kill brain's cells, and may turn people lazy and dumb. I have never understood people who consume drugs, though. Even when I believe what other person does is nothing of my concern, this has to be said. Why in your sane judgement would you put into your body a substance that reduces your lucidity, your awareness of life, your intelligence (in some cases, as I've mentioned before), your mental and physical health? It is kind of ridiculous that people needs drugs to feel better (which evolves into addiction). Though this would go against reality, as people have always needed some sort of item to feel better. So, it could be well said that my vision of an ideal world is utopic, and unrealistic in our world.

So, at this point you can take what I said previously of leaving the discussion as something null.  ;)

Marijuana when smoked is a drug. Any smoke is dangerous to the lungs; it is not needed and not natural. It can lead to the break-down of alveoli in the lungs (the part responsible for helping to exchange oxygen in the blood.) Marijuana contains 400 chemicals naturally and 2000 chemicals when smoked, 30 of which are carcinogenic (cancer-causing). The only ingredient known to have medicinal qualities is THC, one ingredient out of 2000 which means Marijuana when smoked has 1999 chemicals (including cyanide, tar, benzopyrene and carbon monoxide) that are potentially dangerous. These facts turn marijuana to be may be over 90% poison. And therefore, the dangerous chemicals found outweigh any medicinal ones. Marijuana is not proven to be a less dangerous drug- the reason this is stated is because the complete effects of Marijuana over a long period of time are just getting understood now as not a lot of studies have been conducted because the drug did not gain popularity in society until the 1960s and those who were smokers are now into their senior years. As a result new information has been coming out continuously and those who now enjoy the drug, not wanting to face withdrawal symptoms or stopping something they are familiar with and enjoy would rather continue then face the facts. The reality has little to do with making something legal or illegal- making it legal only means everybody (including young teens) will have an easier chance on getting their hands on it, just like cigarettes- which is why it is a good idea to keep it regulated. The idea here is to inform people of the facts and understand that this is something that is dangerous to the body, legally or illegally. There have been recent studies stating that Marijuana is linked to testicular cancer, immune deficiencies, slower cognitive functions, birth defects and even psychosis... just to name a few. Knowing the amount of harmful chemicals compared to any that could be medicinal proves that the idea of Marijuana helping more patients then harming- is ludicrous and similar to stating that using Lysol instead of Polysporin on a cut is helpful to the patient simply because there are ingredients in the product that help to destroy harmful bacteria even though there is a higher amount of dangerous chemicals that can cause more harm than help. 

Sources: I pretty much used sources from everywhere, including some self knowledge from the medicine school.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/07/25/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/body/mortality.html
http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34110/title/Is-Cannabis-Really-That-Bad-/

I'm doing this pretty quickly, so I'm sorry if my sources are screwed up or any typos.

To many things for me to reply to in this.

Are you aware you are constantly losing brain cells regardless of drug use? Every thing in the first paragraph shows that your opinion is biased and you have formed a view of marijuana smokers that is EXTREMELY incorrect and radical.

Also i was going to drop out of high school my senior year. Than i started smoking weed and it actually helped me stay focused during my classes and gave me much more interest in subjects that i would otherwise have no interest in at all. Ending with me graduating with a 3.5 GPA. You cited 3 sources. That is NOTHING. at LEAST 50% of what you will find is complete misinformation. I am currently in E-College attending fullsail university.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2013, 12:45:25 am »
"I laughed off when you said evidence doesn't matter, thanks for giving a smile to my face."

How does one sarcasm?
Pointy stick champion

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2013, 01:25:30 am »
I am currently in E-College attending fullsail university.
I've got to admit, I lol'd. Boasting about how you attend an e-college isn't exactly helping your argument here, no offence. Also, the argument about causation still hasn't been addressed (which I mentioned many pages ago now). There is the "stoner attitude" to weed, and the more casual user (obviously not that black and white, but I'm simplifying here), which broadly speaking involves slacking on academics. The more casual user may not see any change in grades. However, until someone posts a link to a study showing that the correlation between weed and doing badly in academics is caused by the weed, not simply the type of person who is more likely to use weed being less academic, this argument is going nowhere fast.
Also, simply his ability to spam links that support him does nothing to improve the evidence. One or two links from reliable sources are infinitely better than 1,000 random sites off the internet, half of which probably got their information in a biased manner and from each other.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:31 am »
I've got to admit, I lol'd. Boasting about how you attend an e-college isn't exactly helping your argument here, no offence. Also, the argument about causation still hasn't been addressed (which I mentioned many pages ago now). There is the "stoner attitude" to weed, and the more casual user (obviously not that black and white, but I'm simplifying here), which broadly speaking involves slacking on academics. The more casual user may not see any change in grades. However, until someone posts a link to a study showing that the correlation between weed and doing badly in academics is caused by the weed, not simply the type of person who is more likely to use weed being less academic, this argument is going nowhere fast.
Also, simply his ability to spam links that support him does nothing to improve the evidence. One or two links from reliable sources are infinitely better than 1,000 random sites off the internet, half of which probably got their information in a biased manner and from each other.

The problem with e-college is what? Most of adults in modern society use e-college. Due to working and having other obligations.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2013, 02:48:45 am »

The problem with e-college is what? Most of adults in modern society use e-college. Due to working and having other obligations.

Most adults use e-college? No they don't.

Anyway, that's irrelevant.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2013, 03:11:10 am »
Here is my contribution to this conversation.

I feel it highly appropriate.

Kids, you shouldn't smoke weed.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2TO5atI4rU[/youtube]
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2013, 03:35:11 am »

Most adults use e-college? No they don't.

Anyway, that's irrelevant.

Ok maybe not MOST but quite a few. Regardless what is wrong with using online schooling? It is the future of education. You can attend schools across the country or even world. Sorry for off-topic but many of you myself at times are just EXTREME dickheads.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2013, 04:11:33 am »
no drug should be legalized. The End.

Not even Sarcasm. They cause too many problems. I see Drugs as a way to get out of reality.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2013, 07:16:22 am »
no drug should be legalized. The End.

Not even Sarcasm. They cause too many problems. I see Drugs as a way to get out of reality.

Enhance Reality.  ;)

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2013, 07:35:52 am »

Ok maybe not MOST but quite a few.

Don't ever state facts unless you know they are true, it just shows how you try anything to win an argument

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2013, 08:23:10 am »

Don't ever state facts unless you know they are true, it just shows how you try anything to win an argument

Haha go fornicate yourself good sir.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:52:16 pm by SeanBeansShako »

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2013, 08:26:15 am »

Haha go fuck yourself partner.
Nice argument you have there, Maccius.