Author Topic: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth  (Read 73529 times)

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2017, 06:44:15 pm »
Coming soon to a server near you!

Revised Helms Deep

All old destructible brick walls replaced by stone - so TNT is now enabled for players and bot coms.

The Deeping Wall gate is now destructible

The Deeping stairs are reconstructed to get rid of annoying bot glitches

A little more artillery has been added

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2017, 06:54:31 pm »
Players no longer spawn where they did:

A fully functional armoury exists where players can choose from pistols, muskets, rifles, musketoons, pikes, heavy swords and sapper axes!

There is now a protected level above, where players can spawn in safety - so no more spawn killing fests by the bots!

The tower has been completely rebuilt and enlarged and includes an armoury and four floors:

And the rear area rationalised:

The bot spawn is now redone, with bot artillery, and fenced off so cav don't ride into invisible walls

And lastly, there is a whole new area so that Admins can do cav events without stopping the game, or asking bot coms to co-operate or stop attacking - a teleport reached cav spawn area, that bots cant access - recreate Gandalfs charge and rescue your comrades in the besieged fortress of Helms Deep!

Will be up soon!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:50:45 am by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2017, 08:13:00 pm »
oh wow!  8)

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2017, 09:02:53 am »
It's fitting to have such a great rework of the map that started the Humans_vs_bots server, especially with the 1 year anniversary of its relaunch later this month  :o

Offline xMarksTheCross

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2017, 10:48:48 pm »
hello i need unbanned on a server on mount and blade man vs bots rebirth my id is 1327533 i got banned because i was messing around with a mod called betty i dont have it installed now i have removed this please may i be unbanned as i miss this server help me

What was happening when you got banned:using betty mod
Time and date: cant remember but it was around a year ago
Timezone: United kingdom
User Identification Number:1327533
Name Witch Played With: xMarksTheCross

Offline cedric1709

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cedric
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2017, 11:20:35 pm »
hello i need unbanned on a server on mount and blade man vs bots rebirth my id is 1327533 i got banned because i was messing around with a mod called betty i dont have it installed now i have removed this please may i be unbanned as i miss this server help me

What was happening when you got banned:using betty mod
Time and date: cant remember but it was around a year ago
Timezone: United kingdom
User Identification Number:1327533
Name Witch Played With: xMarksTheCross

Unbanned

Offline cellan88

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Unban Request
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2017, 11:29:52 pm »
Unban Request
Name under which you were banned: I_AM_KOREAN
Have you checked if you can join the server in the next hour
 (to see if it wasn't a 1 hour ban)?: Yes
What was happening when you got banned: I was a bot commander in helm's deep map. I lead a few bots (coz many died on the way) to defenders spawn and killed a few players.
Time and date: Maybe 2-3 weeks ago (Coz the ban shocked me, i had not seen any rule against spawn charge)
Timezone: GMT+1
User Identification Number: STEAM_0:0:23037401

Offline cedric1709

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Request
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2017, 12:51:15 am »
Unban Request
What was happening when you got banned: I was a bot commander in helm's deep map. I lead a few bots (coz many died on the way) to defenders spawn and killed a few players.
Time and date: Maybe 2-3 weeks ago (Coz the ban shocked me, i had not seen any rule against spawn charge)

Unbanned

Offline cellan88

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2017, 10:47:51 pm »
Unban Request

What was happening when you got banned: I got unbanned, I played a couple of matches as bot commander mostly. Suddenly yesterday i tried to join server but to my suprise I was banned. I have no idea why. I havent broken any rules. I did make some Chi Long Qua references about Positive Mental Attitude but it was meant to be a joke. Thats all i can think of.
Time and date: 2-3 days ago

Offline cedric1709

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »
Unban Request

What was happening when you got banned: I got unbanned, I played a couple of matches as bot commander mostly. Suddenly yesterday i tried to join server but to my suprise I was banned. I have no idea why. I havent broken any rules. I did make some Chi Long Qua references about Positive Mental Attitude but it was meant to be a joke. Thats all i can think of.
Time and date: 2-3 days ago

My bad, updated the server yesterday and the old ban list was being used. Unbanned

Offline Maisie_Williams

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2017, 07:38:15 pm »
Hello, today is Friday, March 31st.  I was playing on this server and observed someone named RIP get kicked from the server.  They logged back in and the admin, Mohawky_Rebirth said, "Next time ban."  I then asked, "What did he do?"  The admin did not anser.  RIP said, "Called someone what they are."  Someone else then said, "Racial slurs are not accepted most places."  I then said, "Most places is pretty vague."  RIP was then banned.  Even though he had not said anything else, much less anything discriminatory or racist. The admin, Mohawky_Rebirth, replied, "Would you like to join him?"  I then replied, "Would you like to be reported for admin abuse?"  I was then kicked from the server.

I have been a playing on this server for many years, and never have I violated any rules or demonstrated any discriminatory behavior.  I have never disobeyed an admin.  In the course of my many years of playing this game and playing on this server I have never been kicked from any server for any reason.  I have never been treated so poorly in this game by an admin, or observed someone else be banned from this server without having broken any rules or done anything observably wrong or immoral.  The abuse from Mohawky_Rebirth was unacceptable, and if nothing is done about this I will be taking it further.  I don't know who owns the server or who is his superior, but I will be looking further into this matter.  I have never been so poorly treated, as a faithful member of the server, and a polite and considerate person, I am deeply disturbed by this kind of behavior from someone who is clearly abusing their authority.

Thank you for your consideration.

Those of us playing a game to have fun should not be in fear of standing up for others who are clearly being mistreated and abused even though they have not broken any rules or done anything to deserve such harsh punishment as being banned from the server.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:42:11 pm by Maisie_Williams »

Offline Maisie_Williams

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2017, 07:46:11 pm »
I just tried logging into the server again, and I have been banned.  Banned for simply saying, "Would you like to be reported for admin abuse?" To an admin.  I have not broken any rules, I was not given any verbal warnings.  I was instantly banned for no reason.  This is extremely disturbing to me.  I do not understand how such a volatile person as Mohawky_Rebirth can be given admin on this server.  In fact I have never been so poorly treated in any game by any admin in my whole life.  I have never been banned from any server for such a thing.  Instantly banned, no warring, no "second chances," no explanation, nothing.  This is not how this server is normally administrated.  This is unacceptable.

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »
Ok, lets look at your points one by one.

You have not played on this server for years and years, its only a year old.

"I don't know who owns the server or who is his superior"
You are supposedly a regular player, yet you do not know who I am? or what the Rebirth Group is, on a server called Man Vs Bots REBIRTH? You don't even seem to know of the 33rd who host it and also provide admins.

No other admin i've spoken to has seen you before on the server, or know you. I have never seen your tag on the server before as a regular, and I know all regular players and bot commanders.

The reason RIP was banned was for Racist abuse of fellow players, repeatedly. He and his friend (which I guess is you) have been trolling the server for awhile. He had run out of warnings, kicks and temp bans, and chose to ignore this final kick and warning. Banning a player for calling other players "fucking niggers" etc, and worse, over a length of time in which he has been repeatedly warned, is not - to quote you, someone "being clearly mistreated and abused and not done anything wrong". This server has rules, one of which includes no racial abuse or slurs.

You then chose to "stand up for him" and issued threats to an admin. You also ignored another admin, Lotte, who told you racial slurs were not allowed and proceeded to argue the point.
You were given the option. You chose to support a racist troll and threaten an admin with falsely reporting for abuse whilst carrying out legitimate enforcement of server rules. So, you joined your friend.

Your post above shows that you believe you and your friend have the right to do whatever you want on a free to play server that you contribute nothing to, whilst ignoring the server rules, and have no regard for the people that provide the server, create the maps and scripts for the gameplay, and put in many long hours as admin and troll prevention.

Your "rights" as you perceive them, do not outweigh the "rights" of the 60+ other players to enjoy the games without being abused, and of the "rights" of the servers admins to carry out their duties and be shown some respect.

As for your post, it reeks of self important pomposity with such a breath-taking sense of entitlement, whilst at the same time showing complete ignorance of the server, its admins and its rules, that there is no doubt in my mind that banning you was the correct thing to do.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:43:56 am by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline Maisie_Williams

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2017, 03:15:38 pm »
Alright, let's clear up some misunderstandings.  I guess I got Man vs Bot Rebirth confused vvith older Man vs Bot servers.  Did I say I as a regular though?  Don't think so.  I play off and on, and sometimes use other names.  Also, no I am not RIP's friend, I have never seen him before.

I do knovv the 33rd, I even used to be a member.  I didn't knovv they run Rebirth though, but it makes sense since they recruit from there.  VVhen I as a member I vvent under the tag Rufio. 

You said I issued threats to an admin.  Plural, this is simply not true.  I only once said to you, "VVould you like to be reported for admin abuse."  That isn't even a threat.  But if you choose to see it that vvay, it still isn't plural.  It's one.  I didn't knovv Lotte vvas an admin, hovv vvas I supposed to tell? 

I don't support racism, and I am sorry if it came across that vvay.  But I don't knovv hovv you can consider vvhat happened fair or just.  You did not personally give me any vvarnings or any chances.  I hope in the future you vvill be more fair vvith people instead of just making assumptions and being so harsh.  I don't appreciate the vvay you're talking to me, calling me pompous.  Don't you have any compassion?  Can you understand hovv stressful it is to kick someone from a server they enjoy playing on in a game.  You are the one vvho is being pompous.  Can you get off your "I'm the admin and anything I say goes, povver hungry high horse?"  Try looking at things from my perspective.  I'm not being dissrespectful, but you are being extremely intollerant.  Bullying people, and imposing fear just because you have the povver to ban.  I am not that much of a covvard that I vvon't stand up for my principles.  You are the one vvho has abused me vvith your admin povvers.  I have not done anything vvrong.  VVhy is it vvrong to stand up for someone if it looks like they are being mistreated?

I just hope you'll listen and stop being such a bully.  People shouldn't have to live in fear.  Video games are a vvay to relax and have fun.

Offline Maisie_Williams

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »
I just vvant to add, even if vve can't see eye to eye on this, I vvill still do my best to respect your authority.  But please, just be a little more patient vvith people in the future.  It actually stressed me out a lot vvhen you banned me.  And I can understand being kicked as a vvarning and then being let back in.  But for a one time offense, a ban is vvay too harsh.