Author Topic: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth  (Read 73606 times)

Offline Buxton

• Second Lieutenant
  • The finest water in all NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Buxton
  • Side: Union
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:36 pm »
Spoiler
Just wanted to drop by and say I love the server, and it's nice to see one not baring the 15th name :P Got banned for wearing 15th Hussars tags and wasn't allowed to be unbanned.

Anyway, I play alot on the server as a bot commander and there are a few things I would like to add that might actaully balance out the server a bit, as the defenders seem to win 90% of the time.

• Get rid of Bot Musicians - Whilst the musicians are a nice touch to the bots, they do just take up space for fighting bots, possibly get rid?
  • Get rid of the class limit for the attackers - One of the most annoying things about playing as a commander is constantly getting sniped, to help ease this, is to play as the same class as your bots, however if one person is already doing that, the rest of the team can't. If this could be changed that would be fantastic, as being sniped does make being a commander almost unplayable.
  • Reduce the defenders lives - Whilst I profess that I do play a lot of the time as a commander, when I have played as a defender I have never or very rarely run out of lives I think 9 is a bit too much. As I have found you can just YOLO into the bots and still have enough lives to last until the end.

That all said I really do like the server, and hopefully have a 33rd Siege Rebirth at some point? ;D

Hey! thanks for the constructive criticism. Yes the server is tipped in the defenders favor - simply because thats where 90% of the players are. Ensuring they enjoy the game is important and UNFORTUNATELY the majority of them only want a challenge if they still win. We have tried 7 lives for defenders, harder beserkers, teamhitting on, all caused many complaints and people to ragequit when they lost or ran out of lives too early.

As much as i too want a challenging server, it ultimately has to be one the majority enjoy playing to remain successful.

The issue with bot commanders having a limit on the foot guard class too is something that will probably be looked at in the future, but for the time being the limit is to prevent the entire defender team from having 1 grenade each and isn't a current priority. (But as I said, something that wont be forgotten).

The 33rd helps to support minisiege with running costs which is partially why 33rd_NW_Siege remains down - however we are starting a new 33rd Monday siege event using those old maps, which can be found here: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=31907.0
[close]
Thanks for responding xoxo
22:20 - Clausewitz: TIME TO GET OFF OF YOUR ASS
22:20 - Clausewitz: AND WORK
22:20 - Clausewitz: TWERK

Also follow my blog :3

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2016, 04:42:20 pm »
Soon.  :-X

Offline trust bitcoin

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2016, 03:41:02 pm »
Fun server. I'm in it almost every day. There's a lot of complaints of berserkers being too strong, I disagree. They are suited well and help balance things; especially when bots are set to 2x.

Regarding the bot numbers, is it possible to have it set permanently/most often at 2.5x? I find it's just the right amount of bots. With 2x I think there are too many musicians at times and not enough fighters. France comes to mind, as there are pipers, drummers, and flag bearers.

Also, the desert town map I think could be reworked - the one with the portal for the bots. The tunnel is often glitched. The door when destroyed is unable to be passed through when it is destroyed when not open (it gets folded downwards into the tunnel, bots can't get in and they pile up). This causes a problem when the bots are set to charge; they think they can get through it but they can't.

Also, can there be a rule or an advisory against exploiting crouching when facing melee bots? I know people like to do it so they don't die, but it seriously messes up a bot charge. The focus turns to them rather than vulnerable people. Some have said that the bots can sometimes hit them and get them to stand up, although I find that rare.

Great server, a lot of fun. If you ever need an extra admin that plays a lot I'd be happy to help out

Offline trust bitcoin

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2016, 03:07:02 pm »
Oh no it seems the server is down

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:57 pm »
Fun server. I'm in it almost every day. There's a lot of complaints of berserkers being too strong, I disagree. They are suited well and help balance things; especially when bots are set to 2x.

Regarding the bot numbers, is it possible to have it set permanently/most often at 2.5x? I find it's just the right amount of bots. With 2x I think there are too many musicians at times and not enough fighters. France comes to mind, as there are pipers, drummers, and flag bearers.

Also, the desert town map I think could be reworked - the one with the portal for the bots. The tunnel is often glitched. The door when destroyed is unable to be passed through when it is destroyed when not open (it gets folded downwards into the tunnel, bots can't get in and they pile up). This causes a problem when the bots are set to charge; they think they can get through it but they can't.

Also, can there be a rule or an advisory against exploiting crouching when facing melee bots? I know people like to do it so they don't die, but it seriously messes up a bot charge. The focus turns to them rather than vulnerable people. Some have said that the bots can sometimes hit them and get them to stand up, although I find that rare.

Great server, a lot of fun. If you ever need an extra admin that plays a lot I'd be happy to help out

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

The only reason 2x bots is often left as the default is because at higher player numbers 2.5x can cause a lot of lag depending on the map - so without an admin on 2x is often left for that reason (or used at higher numbers).

Flags, musicians and beserkers were brought in as a fun feature and I think the flags/musicians balance out the beserkers nicely, the beserkers being a greater challenge to players that arent afraid of melee.

The tunnel door was fixed at one end / I haven't run into it on rotation for a while so didn't realise the other door gave the same issues - it will be fixed thanks.

Yes crouching can save your life or let you hold up bots, but is no more or less powerful than artillery or well placed TNT (on tnt enabled maps). Also the main job of a bot commander is to remove anything their bots get stuck on, not just sandbags but also players. Crouching players will be hit by bots if the bots are able to surround them slightly, otherwise it is rare head on. The other issue is that if it was truely game breaking, we would have to compensate for it by allowing more bot commanders as admining this 24/7 isn't possible.

If someone is crouching behind a sandbag for cover and it gets destroyed, must they then stand up and die - my point being:

This issue really comes down to how good the bot commanders are, good bot commanders see crouchers as easy kills and quicker to remove than a player standing behind a sandbag, not as a big problem.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:20:52 pm by Spoons »

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth **Admin Apps Open!**
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2016, 12:57:46 pm »
Admin apps are now open for a short time!

In game name:
Link to steam profile:
Why you want to be an admin:
Past admin experience:
References:

Offline Voijkhan

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2016, 09:38:21 pm »
ADMIN APPLICATION

In game name:Khan / Komunjara
Link to steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/voijkhan/
Why you want to be an admin: I spend a lot of time on the server, and I encounter griefers, glitchers, spammers and all-around annoying folk playing a lot of the time, without an admin to help me. So I would like to take matters into my hands, and help the community with that. Oh and I am a power-hungry psycho that wants to ban as many people as possible.
Past admin experience: Tropical_Hell, Tropical_Paradise, Killbox, Cavalry_Groupfighting, Groupfight_Server, RRA_Server and last but certainly not lease EsL_Wars
References: Polka

Offline polakma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2016, 09:43:04 pm »
ADMIN APPLICATION

In game name:Khan / Komunjara
Link to steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/voijkhan/
Why you want to be an admin: I spend a lot of time on the server, and I encounter griefers, glitchers, spammers and all-around annoying folk playing a lot of the time, without an admin to help me. So I would like to take matters into my hands, and help the community with that. Oh and I am a power-hungry psycho that wants to ban as many people as possible.
Past admin experience: Tropical_Hell, Tropical_Paradise, Killbox, Cavalry_Groupfighting, Groupfight_Server, RRA_Server and last but certainly not lease EsL_Wars
References: Polka

You cannot put me as your reference, since I merely told you that admin applications are open. Reference is a statement or a person who can vouch for you and give positive comments on your person. I don't know you, so that reference is invalid.

Polka
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:49:39 pm by polakma »

Offline Dead Meat

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Gmr_DeadMeat
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2016, 12:32:14 am »
In game name: 19te_Gmr_DeadMeat (though I usually play on this server as DeadMeat or *Marduk)

Link to steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038442393

Why you want to be an admin: I enjoy the game and love to help keep it fun for everyone. In my personal life I have supervisory experience, knowing how to be tactful and and maintain a calm demeanor when exercising authority. I am able to manage admin duties independently of my team's performance and don't mind actively spectating if means keeping people from breaking the rules. I am located in California and tend to play at night so I can help extend admin coverage into the graveyard hours.

Past admin experience: Minisiege, [APPL]Zombies, [APPL]NA_Siege, NW_Siege_NA

References: Any of the Minisiege admin team (especially, but not limited to, Max, QuBeZ, Highlord, and Pahadron); Appleorgasm and Smertnikov for the APPL servers; Siwi, Yooper, Hotjoe, and Kam for NW_Siege_NA.

Offline byhector11

• First Sergeant
  • Nada te jode más que el tiempo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Héctor/Joselito
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:14 pm »
In game name:byhector11
Link to steam profile:https://steamcommunity.com/id/byhector11/
Why you want to be an admin:Because sometimes there aren't admin and people break the rules and I want to fix that problem.I will be very active to solve the problem.
Past admin experience:none
References:--

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2016, 11:40:00 am »
In game name: itsbarnesybitches
Link to steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sharpefan09/
Why you want to be an admin: because admining is fun! I don't play much but when I do I always want people to stick to the rules... plus I'm awesome ;-)
Past admin experience: do I have to admit the server :P 15th HvB (sorry guys... I didn't ban any of you though :) ) and tbh any other 15th server!
References: Harvain (lol joking) MadVixen (lol joking) Limbo (my old rifle NCO and all around good guy) and anyone who's known / fought against me when I was in the 15th :P
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline PaulyB

• Volunteer
  • You'll find me on MB as pb or USMC_Rec_PaulyB
    • View Profile
  • Nick: pb/PaulyB
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »
Wheres the server at? can't seem to find it -.-
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
― Heraclitus

Offline QuBeZ

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired oldfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2016, 04:42:57 pm »
In game name: 19te_Gmr_DeadMeat (though I usually play on this server as DeadMeat or *Marduk)

Link to steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038442393

Why you want to be an admin: I enjoy the game and love to help keep it fun for everyone. In my personal life I have supervisory experience, knowing how to be tactful and and maintain a calm demeanor when exercising authority. I am able to manage admin duties independently of my team's performance and don't mind actively spectating if means keeping people from breaking the rules. I am located in California and tend to play at night so I can help extend admin coverage into the graveyard hours.

Past admin experience: Minisiege, [APPL]Zombies, [APPL]NA_Siege, NW_Siege_NA

References: Any of the Minisiege admin team (especially, but not limited to, Max, QuBeZ, Highlord, and Pahadron); Appleorgasm and Smertnikov for the APPL servers; Siwi, Yooper, Hotjoe, and Kam for NW_Siege_NA.

Vouch

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »
Just for an update to those that applied for admin, I am waiting to see if we get a few more first ^^

Offline Penis Vanderpoo

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2016, 02:44:53 am »
Need more Admins on the server, last few times there havent been any on at prime hours and its affecting server population.