Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 669108 times)

Offline Harlound

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harlound
  • Side: Union
Re: Twitch Napoleonic Wars Group G next
« Reply #840 on: March 30, 2015, 05:02:42 am »
I had fun, was outnumbered the whole time, but I tried, and in the end, I'm proud of how my guys did, and how I felt I did.  I enjoyed watching it again in the end and hopefully will do better next season!

Lawbringer

« Reply #841 on: March 30, 2015, 05:03:40 am »
I had fun, was outnumbered the whole time, but I tried, and in the end, I'm proud of how my guys did, and how I felt I did.  I enjoyed watching it again in the end and hopefully will do better next season!

breh the tournaments haven't even started yet. These are the qualifiers.

You still got many matches ahead

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #842 on: March 30, 2015, 05:18:01 am »

breh the tournaments haven't even started yet. These are the qualifiers.

You still got many matches ahead
Uh no xD
The tournament has begun. The group stage is to see who qualifies to move onto the final stage where that is the semi pro section and pro section.

This is slightly off topic but the moderators have been talking and we are thinking of making 3 sections instead of 2 for next season, depending on turnout. A champion section, pro section, and semi pro section. I know its a while from now and a lot can change in a few months but if all is fine, would this be a good idea?

Lawbringer

« Reply #843 on: March 30, 2015, 05:21:28 am »
oh

I should read how this works then

I just come and fight

EDIT: Page 58
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:31:41 am by Lawbringer »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Board Moderator
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #844 on: March 30, 2015, 05:41:25 am »

Yeah, being down three men can be awkward (we were down three men our first match too), but you're right, you and your guys fought well, and it was interesting to watch.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #845 on: March 30, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »
Kind of off topic here but yall regimental leaders should get ur boiz to signup for Lemons 1v1 tourny  8) Lets try and make it the biggest tournament yet. (+ Hey, it could help the new regiments learn more about competitive NW players and maybe learn a few melee tricks from watching/competing in it)

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #846 on: March 30, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »
Kind of off topic here but yall regimental leaders should get ur boiz to signup for Lemons 1v1 tourny  8) Lets try and make it the biggest tournament yet. (+ Hey, it could help the new regiments learn more about competitive NW players and maybe learn a few melee tricks from watching/competing in it)

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #847 on: March 30, 2015, 07:18:39 pm »

Interesting idea Apoc but to be honest I dont think alot of players from the regiments look on here.  I can go to the regiments ts and talk to the leaders that dont really check on here that often that way they can still get the information just through a different medium (medium btw for all you kids out there that dont know what it means, means, a way of getting to point a to point b, you learn something new everyday) But no joke Apoc I have alot of these regiments teamspeaks so if you want to come with me and talk to these regiments about this opportunity I am down bro just send me a message on steam.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #848 on: March 30, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »
Why cant we all play our qualifying matches now? Why must we wait FOREVER! I mean honestly this is setup to take WAY to long, especially considering some of the regiments involved. I highly suggest we allow all these 1st stage rounds to be played. and than start slowing it down and streaming ALL the matches. Anyone else agree?

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #849 on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:09 pm »
Why cant we all play our qualifying matches now? Why must we wait FOREVER! I mean honestly this is setup to take WAY to long, especially considering some of the regiments involved. I highly suggest we allow all these 1st stage rounds to be played. and than start slowing it down and streaming ALL the matches. Anyone else agree?

The reason to wait is to allow groups that aren't as well known to get noticed.  If we expose them to this type of game play we will have more people interested in NANWL and hopefully 1v1s in general.

On a separate note their has been some confusion on fixing gaps when exchanging shots.  Jorge, Gluk, and myself will talk over this issue as many of you are very confused on this.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:21:27 pm by Nitram »

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 30, 2015, 09:23:27 pm »
I would normally agree, but there wouldn't be enough people to stream and ref all the matches if they happen at one time. I think we could fit 2 groups in a week though.
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #851 on: March 30, 2015, 09:25:15 pm »
I agree
I would normally agree, but there wouldn't be enough people to stream and ref all the matches if they happen at one time. I think we could fit 2 groups in a week though.
I dont think we need to stream every group match. just get it over with and then do the tourney

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #852 on: March 30, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »
I agree
I dont think we need to stream every group match. just get it over with and then do the tourney

When Fancy and Myself agree, GOD WILLS IT!

But really, just being in this league will get them noticed. And the matches after the 1st rounds are the ones that will be epic and worth streaming. And who is to say we cant still stream a few round 1 matches here and there, but i for one do not care if 84e's first round matches are streamed or not. I just want this thing to get moving at a decent pace.

Lawbringer

« Reply #853 on: March 30, 2015, 10:05:03 pm »
My guys are itching to fight.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #854 on: March 30, 2015, 10:20:30 pm »
Yeah I do feel as if the competition has stalled abit on qualifying stages. Not all these line battles are entertaining to watch and ,with all these groups, the qualifying stages are taking far longer than they should with just one group being played at a time.